Tanning Injections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen quite a few people using these injections and they all seem to have a very blue/purple tinge!! Not a good look at all :irked:

HELLO EVERYBODY

I am currently undertaking a report on Tanning products for a European Broadcast and would very much like to interview someone who used Melanotan.

If someone is willing to be interviewed again, please do contact on 07961 788 876 or email me directly at: [email protected]

I just need to interview someone that used this injections, see how it works and this person is willing to carry on. If you've got any information to give me, please, let me know.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks and best wishes

Laura Elkaim (London)
hey i would be more then happy i have just ordered my new batch

i have the tan injections and when i started taking them along with the sunbed i went alot darker than i would normally without them,it takes me ages to tan and i tend to burn n not tan well at all without them.the ones i have are called MT2,they stop from burning and give an intense tan with the use of a sunbed.i must say that i had the usuall side effects,face flushing,feeling sick (although wasnt sick) and new freckles, i havnt had any for weeks now as i am laying off the sunbed for a while altho i will be using them in the summer xxx

Hi, its your choice at the end of the day but for me fake tan wins everytime as an alternative to sunbeds and tan injections. My brother and one of my friends have used this self injection tanning and both have been left with brown pigmentation marks on their faces and wish they had never bothered with it. Maybe these marks will fade over time but unsure if enough research into long term effects have been carried out....

It really depends on which shade of OOMPAH LOOMPAH / ORANGE-U-TAN you want to be :)

Nicola Roberts of Girls Aloud fame has fronted a BBC 3 documentary called, "The Truth About Tanning" that includes a segment about the melanotan peptides (aka "tanning injections"). Folks on the internet in the UK will be able to watch it on the iPlayer for the next 7 days at the following site:

BBC - BBC Three Programmes - Nicola Roberts: The Truth About Tanning

I have not yet had an opportunity to watch it so for now I do not have any comments about it but I thought that folks who've been following this thread should have a chance to see what is said in the doc.

Sincerely,

Scott Stevenson
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin

Hi just been reading the threads about melanotan and got to say it's a personal choice as is botox etc.I use mt2 and i like results i have had with it, no i have not gone oompa lumpa orange lol i have used it in the past and am starting to use it again.I have a big fear of needles so for me i seriously did consider what i was going to do by using melanotan2 the injections do not hurt as i have them in my stomach i personally love the results. when you start at first you go through loading phase with sunbeds then its a injection to maintain the colour.As for side effects i have had flushing of the skin,slight headache not everytime i inject as for increased labido and loss of weight I SAY BRING IT ON:lol: freckles have gone very dark.For me i have cut down on sunbeds, the results lasted for a good couple of months and i do like them.Am not posting this thread to say its fantastic blah,blah,blah,it's personal choice.I get needles from local drug exchange and the bin to put them in and never use a needle more than once.To tan or not to tan that is the question.

Ive heard about these for ages now and i really wanted to try them. when i read about the supressed appetite and increased sex drive i was sold...my partner also liked the idea! and he bought me some, i told a few family members i was having them and they all tried talking me out of it, they were ordered so i just thought id give them a go! had my first one last night before i went to bed...i woke up once feeling hot and that was about it! not yet seen any change, they say normally about a week.
I love being tanned and get fed up keep putting fake tan on...i never tan- on sunbeds just go red, so hopefully these will work!!
i wasnt so keen on the injecting bit but my partner did it for me and it was fine.
i got a pack with 20m, 20 needles and sterile wipes for £30 which is a really good price!
cant wait for the results....will let you know how i get on!!

What is Melanotan and how does it work?
Melanotan is a synthetic hormone and is injected under the skin to encourage it to darken. The drug increases the levels of the pigment melanin in the skin. This pigment is part of the body’s natural response to the sun, and increasing levels of melanin results in skin darkening or tanning. There are two forms available, Melanotan I and II, which are diluted in water before being injected.
Who decided that it is illegal?
All medicines that are used in the UK have to be licensed by a government agency called the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). The MHRA ensures that all medicines are effective and safe enough for use before granting them a licence for use.
Melanotan has never been through this licensing process and it is therefore not legal to market or supply this product. The MHRA has issued a warning not to use Melanotan. They are also contacting companies that advertise or supply Melanotan to notify them that it is illegal.
Why is it illegal?
Melanotan is illegal and has not had the stringent safety and effectiveness testing that all medicines need before they are licensed for use. This means that the side effects of this treatment are not known.
In addition to the possible side effects of Melanotan itself, there are also other potential dangers. Using non-sterile water to prepare the injections can cause serious blood infections, and sharing needles spreads blood-borne diseases such as HIV and hepatitis. Injections by untrained individuals can cause skin and tissue damage, and might result in permanent or life-threatening injury

Ive heard about these for ages now and i really wanted to try them. when i read about the supressed appetite and increased sex drive i was sold...my partner also liked the idea! and he bought me some, i told a few family members i was having them and they all tried talking me out of it, they were ordered so i just thought id give them a go! had my first one last night before i went to bed...i woke up once feeling hot and that was about it! not yet seen any change, they say normally about a week.
I love being tanned and get fed up keep putting fake tan on...i never tan- on sunbeds just go red, so hopefully these will work!!
i wasnt so keen on the injecting bit but my partner did it for me and it was fine.
i got a pack with 20m, 20 needles and sterile wipes for £30 which is a really good price!
cant wait for the results....will let you know how i get on!!

Just an update if anyone was wondering...Im on my 8th or 9th day now and Ive had 3 Sunbeds, my colour has started to come out now. The sickness and hotness have completely gone now, that went after around my 3rd injection.
My lips do have a little hint of blue :confused: which i knew could happen through the sunbed side of things.
At the moment I think the colour might be down to the sunbed alone..but ive never been like this off them before so maybe its boosting it?
Quite impressed up to now..just hope more colour comes through.
The side effects i mentioned above are great for me...I get full quickly and eat hardly anything compaired to usual!
Will let you know the outcome after the full bottle.

These injections is what Alex Reid uses! An thats the colour u go??? I say no thanks..Why would you want to look so orange?

And injecting yourself with something that you dont even know what it is really doing to you?

:eek:

Can any of the tanning folks here tell me please....

My husband has Vitiligo ( same pigmentation disorder that Michael Jackon suffered from) - would the tanning injections work for someone with pigmentation problems?

No the tanning injections wont help with his vitiligo the melentona2 works by filling the melanocyte cells with menalin which increases the pigment in your skin to give you the tanned look and with vitiligo the white areas have no melanocyte cells so there for the melentona has no effet on those areas but will just make his darker areas more tanned.

Also the tanning injection has not been approved and is illegal to sell in the uk and has many side effects nausea, head aches, hightened libido (men get random erections for no reason these just beeing a few of them.

ok i have just read all these comments as i was at a clients about a hour ago doing a spraytan and she has just told me that she has ordered these injections with her boss in the salon she works in..

i was going to buy these a few months back but my friend was really sick and unwell on them but they seem so good.. my mum has said not to get them cause they havnt been tested to make sure they dont attack you fertility etc. i am in 2 mins about this??

does anyone know about the side affects of not being able to have children or getting skin cancer or anything??

xxx

Last edited:
Last edited:
i havent read the more recent posts, but the rubbish i did see from the dramatic ' ooo you'll inject yourself and die' ppl made me laugh, you dont even have to push the tiny needle all the way in all u have to do is pierce your skin....:Dair bubbles in arterys lol honestly guys!!! I had to have gas and air in hospital once i was that scared of needles i refused to have a drip put in after a car accident to the point where they gas n aired me up to my eyeballs!! and even i find this easy!! once u get over the first one its easy. and i had no sickness at all. My lips did go a funny colour thou but its gone now, not blue but sort of brown like theyd also tanned

I am on my second lot of injections and havent sufferd sickness once, i had a hot face flush once or twice but nothing alarming (and i am a hypocondriac)
Iv been a loyal spray tanner since about 14 and honestly, these injections are SO much better. i have really dry skin and my tan would become scaley and have to exfoliate, i feel so much better not having to worry about white bits or about my tan transfering onto all my sheets etc. i never used to tan on sunbeds and it really annoyed me now i go a lovely colour and feel so much better in myself!:lick:

Yes, good point. For botox you have to be a fully registered nurse as basic even before the botox training and to let people loose on needles with no idea ie. I would not have a scooby doo where to put a needle at all (obviously a vein, I'm not that stupid !!), but technique and angle etc. it all sounds sooooo scary to me - I wouldnt dare try it myself. The things people do ! :hug:

Are you sure about that??, as it doesnt go in a vein, it goes into the fatty tissue on your stomach. :lick:

Anyway for the people worried about this, there is nothing to worry about, we have (as most people know) melonin in our bodys, the fairer skinned we are the less active melonin (or another way, the more is blocked).

The product (called Melanotan II) is a natural precurser, in other words it stimulates the natural melanin in the body and nothing more, it does not fill your body with 'crap' as most people think, and certainly doesnt turn your skin 'orange' as some suggest, reason being that there is nothing unnatural about the process, so how could the result be unnatural?

For people wanting ACTUAL FACTS about the product visit Melanotan II Shop | Norway, UK, EU, USA
read the articles down the left hand pane, it is extremely informative, even including a video of how to properly administer the product.

:D

Are you sure about that??, as it doesnt go in a vein, it goes into the fatty tissue on your stomach. :lick:

Anyway for the people worried about this, there is nothing to worry about, we have (as most people know) melonin in our bodys, the fairer skinned we are the less active melonin (or another way, the more is blocked).

The product (called Melanotan II) is a natural precurser, in other words it stimulates the natural melanin in the body and nothing more, it does not fill your body with 'crap' as most people think, and certainly doesnt turn your skin 'orange' as some suggest, reason being that there is nothing unnatural about the process, so how could the result be unnatural?

For people wanting ACTUAL FACTS about the product visit Melanotan II Shop | Norway, UK, EU, USA
read the articles down the left hand pane, it is extremely informative, even including a video of how to properly administer the product.

:D

I certainly would not advise the public that this is a safe drug - and therefore nothing to worry about. For consumers I would refer to the MHRA for further info,(at the very least a regulatory medicines advisory with full MEDICAL research and knowledge, not online retailers citing marketing research. Much more understanding of pharmacology must be applied here - of which I do have. I advise in my capacity of a medically qualified prescriber. No-one can EVER cite 'nothing to worry about' in the case of any drugs, be it over the counter, herbal, pescription, 'natural' (no such thing) - and in particular those unlicensed, as is the case here - a very dangerous thing to do.

I read an article on this in one of my girlie magazines. In fact I've read a few...however, one of them stuck out for me the most.
The lady who used it bought the substance and needles online and it was shipped the following day. No instructions, not approved by any governing body, no information of any kind was given to her.
She said she injected herself with the tan into her stomach and within minutes felt extremely ill. She described, nausea, migraine, dizziness, high temperature, sweating, shaking, hallucinations and palpitations.
She was ill for two days and since found out that she had injected herself with twice the recommended dose. Although, how would she know this with no information given to her?
Luckily, she survived and has since recovered. But this is clearly not a safe option for tanning, and highly illegal.
Melatonin is naturally in the body, but I can bet the substance is not pure melatonin and obviously there are side effects to injecting anything into your own body!
Not worth the risk at all.

This product was "advertised" in Australia a couple of years ago. It works on your hormones and as far as I'm aware has not passed clinical testing.

Blue eyed blondes turned into brown eyed brunettes as it affects all aspects of melanin including eye and hair colour.

Injecting on golden labradors resulted in black labradors.

It'd stay well away. Messing around with hormones can have long term, serious and catastrophic consequences.

Latest posts

Back