Tanning Injections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes...but do you know if there will be any long term side effects or illnesses caused by this he table drug? All for the sake of a tan? Unbelievable!!!

I have a friend who has just purchased uber tan nasal spray too I'm so worried for her 

Last edited:
eat carrots! this helps get you a better tan and stops you from munching on rubbish when your feeling naughty!
And summer is coming just get out there and have a walk. but the carrots is a natural way to help the tan look amazing and stronger.
Good luck to all who is using Melanotan its your choice :)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone,

I am a producer working for the national news programme Five News.

I am currently doing some research about the tanning injections (and other similar products available to buy online). There have been recent newspaper articles detailing the potential risks of using these injections, and I am trying to find out what people's experiences have been.

Articles online talk of swelling, itchy, painful skin, nausea and people coming out in blotches. Some users have even had to go to hospital with these symptoms. I'm trying to work out if there is any truth to this - or if the side effects have been exagerated. If anyone has expereinced side effects from tanning injections, I'd be grateful if you could get in touch. My email address is [email protected]

Many thanks,

Emma

Come on guys, this (illegal to sell) drug stimulates your melanocytes to produce more melanin (so it claims) and melanocytes are what mutate and cause skin cancer, which isn't pretty. So what you are effectively doing is tricking your body into thinking you sit out in the sun all day, giving yourself cancer. How is that nice?!

Come on guys, this (illegal to sell) drug stimulates your melanocytes to produce more melanin (so it claims) and melanocytes are what mutate and cause skin cancer, which isn't pretty. So what you are effectively doing is tricking your body into thinking you sit out in the sun all day, giving yourself cancer. How is that nice?!

Melanocyte mutations caused by DNA damage is what causes melanoma. Exposure to UV light has been shown to cause DNA damage in skin cells. This is the primary reason that medical organizations counsel against over-exposing oneself to UV light.
The melanotan peptides have never been shown to damage cellular DNA. The reality is that the University of Arizona medical researchers who developed the melanotan peptides were looking to find a way to develop dermal pigmentation without UV exposure to thereby allow those wishing to develop darkened skin to be able to do so without being subjected to DNA damaging UV light overexposure.
The notion of "tricking your body into thinking you sit out in the sun all day" is pure nonsense unsupported by any scientific research. The question of whether or not usage of these peptides could cause cancer was studied fairly extensively in both lab testing with human melanocyte cell lines and in live animals. The research showed that not only was there no evidence of carcinogenicity or carcinogenic enhancement in preexisting tumor cells there indeed was some evidence of anti-carcinogenic (anti-cancer) properties.

There is a somewhat equivalent and rather common natural process that produces extra pigmentation in women in a similar (though uncontrolled) manner to how the peptides produce pigmentation. This mechanism is what produces the typical "pregnancy mask" of darkened skin. There is no established correlation between women who develop pigmentation pregnancy masks and additional risk to developing melanoma, zero.

Please do not misinterpret my words here to mean that I encourage usage of these peptides, I do not (if you read through my previous writings in these forums you'll find that I sooner discourage their usage). My point is that if one is interested in trying to discourage usage of these peptides then they should do so sooner based upon solid scientific/medical evidence particularly that which is supported by previously published information and much less on speculative, unscientific, mis-informed and/or under-informed conjecture.

-Scott Stevenson
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Founder & Admin

Last edited:
I started using this form of tanning last year sometime, you have to inject yourself in the side of your stomach, which is a little painfull but bearable, then you activate the tan on the sunbed ect, i found when i first started using them that i was myself, like when your hungover and you just drift throught the day, i felt like this. Faint and dizzy quite alot of the time, but this died down after the first week. I am naturally really pale so i really wanted them to work, i was injecting everyday (far more than you should) ... Even after a few months of taking the injections, i had gotten no browner, i just had constant headaches and felt like a junkie. So i stopped and went back to faking it, i stopped the injections around four month ago, and have started to use the sunbed, what i have noticed is that since using the injections, my thighs are covered in stretch marks, i havent put on any weight, they must have already been there really faint, and have darkened. Also on the side of my stomach i have several little bruises where im gathering the injections used to go ... These have been there for about a month and arent getting any smaller or fainter. The tanning drugs may sound like a good idea but unless you find the junkie heffalump look attractive, id steer clear xx

What an interesting thread. im so suprised that so many qualified beauty therapists condone and unlicienced product being used? or infact using a sunbed every day?

I think a lot of us like to have a tan, as we feel healthier? But i would like to warn you of the risks... when younger i used sunbeds frequently. i brought a lay day bed when they first introduced the curved bed... I would lay on there naked loving the colour i went...until..... i developed cancer of the vulva!!! a rare form of cancer normally found in people over the age of 60. i was the youngest person to have such a cancer, at 23. it wasnt policy to reconstruct and there was only surgeon worldwide prepared to do a reconstruction op that had never been performed before. i was part of a medical event to have the op, it was a very long op with a very high chance of rejection, as the skin of the vulva is very different is very different from any other skin on the body, so the body naturally wants to reject. I was lucky: i had a full vulvectomy,the skin didnt reject and medically my op went well.

the cause of cancer of the vulva? in such a young girl?... using a sunbed and having the vulva exsposed when normally it wouldnt be!!!

What an interesting thread. im so suprised that so many qualified beauty therapists condone and unlicienced product being used? or infact using a sunbed every day?

I think a lot of us like to have a tan, as we feel healthier? But i would like to warn you of the risks... when younger i used sunbeds frequently. i brought a lay day bed when they first introduced the curved bed... I would lay on there naked loving the colour i went...until..... i developed cancer of the vulva!!! a rare form of cancer normally found in people over the age of 60. i was the youngest person to have such a cancer, at 23. it wasnt policy to reconstruct and there was only surgeon worldwide prepared to do a reconstruction op that had never been performed before. i was part of a medical event to have the op, it was a very long op with a very high chance of rejection, as the skin of the vulva is very different is very different from any other skin on the body, so the body naturally wants to reject. I was lucky: i had a full vulvectomy,the skin didnt reject and medically my op went well.

the cause of cancer of the vulva? in such a young girl?... using a sunbed and having the vulva exsposed when normally it wouldnt be!!!

God Beauti-licous, you've been very lucky. I too used to hammer the sunbeds when I was younger. Often lying on the flat beds for an hour every day. I stopped sunbeds altogether several years ago after about 15 years of use. Not good. I was lucky I didn't get cancer. I am currently having thread vein removal treatment to my face to try and get rid of the masses of broken veins I have been left with as a result of the years of damage I did. And my pigmentation often goes funny whenever I go in the sun now. I did love my sunbeds but I'm so pleased there is now the option of a good fake tan.

God Beauti-licous, you've been very lucky. I too used to hammer the sunbeds when I was younger. Often lying on the flat beds for an hour every day. I stopped sunbeds altogether several years ago after about 15 years of use. Not good. I was lucky I didn't get cancer. I am currently having thread vein removal treatment to my face to try and get rid of the masses of broken veins I have been left with as a result of the years of damage I did. And my pigmentation often goes funny whenever I go in the sun now. I did love my sunbeds but I'm so pleased there is now the option of a good fake tan.

spray tans is most certainly a better way to get a safe tan!

Yeah I know - But I've had 3 spray tans in the past and to be honest they looked awful...patchy, streaky, orange, fake looking really yuck. I know one was used with Su-Do spray, not sure about the others...I am really put off by the whole thing now. :cry:

I had the same problem until I found Xen Tan. It's fab.

Sunday Times journalist is seeking anyone who regularly uses Nasal Spray or any injections (i.e. Melanotan) for tanning purposes. If you’re interested please contact [email protected]

i notice a couple of posts on here have been deleted? and i am pleased...!!!!!!!

ahhh this sounds terrifying! i hate needles at it is lol spray for me thanx lol xx

Hi
I am not likeing the sound of this all the needles, I sooner just have have my spray tan

this thread is longer than war and peace:eek: :lol::lol:

I have been using this for the last few months and it is great. It is much cheaper than spray tanning as once you have got yourself up to the tan you require then just one injection per week keeps that tan going. So £35 of product will last 10 weeks or more!!! I had no side effects at all and think this is just great....

Hi im thinking of starting this where did you get yours from?

has anyone tried the nasal spray whats the thoughts on it?

A well known health food shop is selling tanning tablets which I was quite shocked to see have no idea what is in them or how they work I couldn't look but suppose it must be see as safe if being sold on the high street :-D

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek

It seems this thread has quite a few journalists having a nosey... plus alot of new members singing Melanotans praise :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back