Tanning Injections?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So what about the side effects and the fact that it is illegal in this country!?!?!?

Hi

I live in Northern Ireland and have been using melanotan for 8 mths now. After the first injection I have never had a side effect and have a nice dark tan with one injection a week. Could you give me a good supplier as I am paying 4 times that much here for the tan.

my friend had a couple of treatments with these injections and she came out in a rash, angery red spots. i dont belive in injecting anything into your body, especially when we are still in the dark on this. spray tan all the way!!:)

Personally I'd stay away from sunbeds altogether.

DebO

i read an article in a mag some time ago saying that these injections are not legal in this country and that you can only get them online, personally i love having a tan but the safe way and this all sounds wrong to me. i av heard people buyin these injections from other members at their gym also and getting addicted to them. i would not recommendend taking these injections to any1 its just 2 risky.

wow thats sounds fab!dont think i would want to inject it myself tho!

I've heard that they have not been certified safe for human use yet. You do not know what long term affect they might have.

If you have any moles or pigmentation, it can make them go permantley darker.

Also it could hide potentially dangerous mole changes..

Please be careful using them x
Posted via Mobile Device

Me and my boyfriend have tried the jabs on several occasions and we know many other people who take them too. Results and side affects vary from person to person.
I took Melanotan II. You mix with boc water and inject into a pinch of fat on the stomach using a very small, very thin needle (10mm). You can barely feel it, never mind it hurting.
My boyfriend and I went on a 2 week course prior to holiday and by the time we returned 1 week later the results were outstanding. No burning of the skin, just a very nice dark brown. This was especially unusally for me as I normally burn and peel with the slightist over exposure to UV sun rays.
However, I had faint facial freckles and these came out a lot more since the jabs and haven't faded too well even after a while since the tan has faded. My boyfriend has a few moles which have rapidily grown since his jabs. Not to mention the immediate side affects of nausea which weren't awful but bad enough to make us take them moments before bed so we could sleep though the sickness feeling.
People I know who have taken the jabs have also resulted in bad skin pigmentaion afterwards.
Then again I know many people who have had no side affects whatsoever and achieved brilliant results.
I say its a risk and one that I won't take again.

How to Look Good Naked want to hear from females who have tried an unlicensed injection tanning product. Please email [email protected]

Can any of the tanning folks here tell me please....

My husband has Vitiligo ( same pigmentation disorder that Michael Jackon suffered from) - would the tanning injections work for someone with pigmentation problems?

Hi
I tried this and had terrible sickness,headaches and sleep problems.
It has not yet been fully tested and doctors would tell you to avoid it. they are saying it had possible very dangerous side effects.
As for helping with Vitilligo.I think it would probably darken the darker areas deeper than lighter. so don't think it would help.:cry:

collin, I'm sorry but your questions seem a little dense. Review your own posts in this thread and see that not only have you asked these questions already but they've already been answered.

It is lazy to not invest a small amount of time and at minimum review your own posts (and corresponding responses) here in this thread. Short of doing that you're just wasting other people's time.

-Scott
Melanotan.org Admin

met a guy last night a body builder with a great tan, in fact he could easily have bee mistaken for being of other ethnicity. Got onto the conversation of how badly i need a bit of colour, I look as though im ill permanantly im typically as grey as the scottish weather and my sunbed tan is slowly minimising, he told me about the melanotan injections that he uses so today I find myself here on the site, he did tel me initial side effects he suffered were nausea and vomiting but he found this only when injection into the stomach and since injects into his thighs, he took the initiative of going along to see a beauty therapist qualified in collagen injections and had her show him how to use a needle properly to avoid any disasterous consequences. I asked him about the legalities of the drug and how id never heard of it and his response to me was that he was told he could purchase it from body building sites online but it was only meant for trial purposes and not supposed to be for general suppply and demand, how is this possible i thought, well after speaking to a friend this morning first thing i asked how this could be legal and she told me now this is a personal response and rather funny actually

"well its a bit like prostitution its not illegal you can sell your body for sex, its the solicitation (advertising) of the services that are illegal so basically so lng as they dont actualy advertise the product as for sale for personal use thy can get away with it "

hmmmmmmmmm

personnel opinion's aside and not going into the is it right or wrong aspects...the bottom line whether we like it or not ,is that its use has not as yet been verified as being safe and subsequently licenced for sale in this,and other countries.

Until such time as this happens I cannot for the life of me see ,agree or understand why users would expose themselves to potential risk of the as yet unknown long term effects.

As professionals it would not be apropriate for us to endorse treatments which at the moment are illegal :eek:

At a guess I would suspect at some point in the future and only after ongoing tests have been properly conducted and that a licence to sell has been obtained that this could legitimately form part of beauty treatments offered by suitably competent therapists under licence etc.

Till then..well erm ...OMG :hug:

on the subject of illegal drugs, in the uk there are thousands of unlicensed (illegal) drugs in circulation, my friend takes her daughter(4 years old) to the usa every 3 months to undergo injections of a drug that helps to keep her alive, the drug is not licenced in the uk and probably never will be why because the uk gov arent willing to pay for it(shes 1 0f 5 uk sufferers) you read about it every day not just the illegal(unlicensed ones) but the legal ones, the postcode lotteries! which health authority are willing to include certain drugs in their budget, my friend would if she could still own her house (had to sell to pay for the trips) if only she had the bottle to import the drugs ilegally which no doubt as she increasingly struggles financially will only be a matter of time,
back to the thread yes it may be illegal but more likely becasue of the costs involved in the testing to approve for the uk market no necessarily because its dangerous.

This tanning injection. i thught about doing it as my friend and her b.f do it. Alot ov my friends have got it but they use it too much. It makes them look doo brown and doesnt look right. My friend found it hard to inject herself and its usually injected into the belly. My other friend did it for alot longer but found she had headaches and once injected she had big bruises on her belly. I wouldnt consider using it as i watched my friend try to inject this. It was awfull as she couldnt stand injecting herself and especially into fat which hurts more. My mum researched into it and said its not a very good thing to do as there are soo many side affects. I would use this is i didnt have to inject myself x

This has been popular in norway where I am from (now living in UK) for donkeys. It is not good for you though so i wouldn't advice it. It's called Melano-Tan, and you have to inject yourself. It is some sort of hormone though, and not enough research have been done on it, might lead to cancer and all sorts in the future!! Stay well away! A friend of mine did it a couple of years ago, she was feeling queesy all the time, and her nipples went allmost black.:eek:
So my advice is; don't do it!

Dont do it! i tried them, had them shipped over from america. Yeh they turn you nice and brown within about 14 days but now 3 months on i have white patches on my back, as if the pigment had disappeared? just small patches but wen i go on hol or even get a spray tan, they really stand out. i definatly wont be using them again as i cant think of anything else that could have caused this change, i deffinatly lost weight too, i was 9st 5 when i began, i cudnt eat after taking it and had no appetite for weeks, after 2 months i went down to 8st 7 and i still weigh that now, i have stayed the same weight give or take 2 or 3 lbs for years but as soon as i started with them i lost alot. it definatly give u a big confidence boost when u see the difference (brown and skinny) but now i wish i hadnt bothered. bit scary when u think about it, i was just stupid and curious! xxx

Hi

I watched a programme about this its not legal in the UK and my friend got some its really bad side affects i would advice not to use it or not until its been brought legal in the UK some of the ingredients has not been tested and approved and its quite dangerous

I love the idea of it but i saw my friend and he was in pain for 3 weeks from 2 injections

something of this nature was on the programme how to look good naked and definitely not recommended.....

Hi don't use them there was a programme on tv about how bad they are and if people use them alot the can't see if there are problem with moles etc due to the skin being so brown all the time.

OH MY GOD theese injections r ammmaazzzing, i have been doin them for a week now and i have tan lines from 2 sunbeds and i never ever tan usually, the side effects only last 10 mins and its just a bit of nausia ,well worth it, go for it!!!!!!! :)

Hi
I tried this and had terrible sickness,headaches and sleep problems.
It has not yet been fully tested and doctors would tell you to avoid it. they are saying it had possible very dangerous side effects.
As for helping with Vitilligo.I think it would probably darken the darker areas deeper than lighter. so don't think it would help.:cry:

OH MY GOD theese injections r ammmaazzzing, i have been doin them for a week now and i have tan lines from 2 sunbeds and i never ever tan usually, the side effects only last 10 mins and its just a bit of nausia ,well worth it, go for it!!!!!!! :)

HELLO EVERYBODY

I am currently undertaking a report on Tanning products for a European Broadcast and would very much like to interview someone who used Melanotan.

If someone is willing to be interviewed again, please do contact on 07961 788 876 or email me directly at: [email protected]

I just need to interview someone that used this injections, see how it works and this person is willing to carry on. If you've got any information to give me, please, let me know.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks and best wishes

Laura Elkaim (London)

Latest posts

Back