Tanning Injections

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trouble is that misinformation from some suppliers is lulling unsuspecting customers here in the UK into purchasing even though it is illegal to either promote or resell these in the UK.....

Unfortunatley this misinformation is being backed up by an astonishing amount of scientific waffle all of which is completely meaningless as the facts are that until licenced by the authorities you cant sell them...and thank goodness for that :hug:

surely the drug centres wouldnt just give out needles though would they?

The trouble is that misinformation from some suppliers is lulling unsuspecting customers here in the UK into purchasing even though it is illegal to either promote or resell these in the UK.....

Unfortunatley this misinformation is being backed up by an astonishing amount of scientific waffle all of which is completely meaningless as the facts are that until licenced by the authorities you cant sell them...and thank goodness for that :hug:

Makes me really cross.One for people being so stupid as to buy something they know nothing about, but then its usually young people who think they are invincible and two for the people making the money how dare they sell something that hasnt been approved yet and put peoples health in danger.
People just dont seem to care as long as they are lining their own pockets ...and it happens so much in the beauty world ..shame on them.

Makes me really cross.One for people being so stupid as to buy something they know nothing about, but then its usually young people who think they are invincible and two for the people making the money how dare they sell something that hasnt been approved yet and put peoples health in danger.
People just dont seem to care as long as they are lining their own pockets ...and it happens so much in the beauty world ..shame on them.

Couldnt agree more :hug:

hi all. iv used the jabs before, they r amazing. I did mine every day for 8 days(1 bottle) then once a week for 8 weeks after. The outcome was tremendous. Im not currently using them as my tan is still here after 2 months :) so no need yet. Its a hormone you inject into urself with a little insulin needle(cant even feel it) and it brings out your skins melanin. As ur skins protection is ur melanin, when its greatly increased it protects ur skin against cancer from uv rays (an internal sunscreen if you like!) You wont go a funny colour..or orange. Well..inless your nastural tone is an orangy type. Wether ur deep golden orange whatever, you will only go the colour your skin goes naturally in the sun...just deeper and faster. Its brilliant, i now only go on the sunbed once a week to keep myself topped up. Now nomore smelly fake bake either Bonus :D x

All I know about these is that they haven't even been tested and as such, are not classed as safe. That for me is reason enough not to even bother.

Claire x

as above i would never use something untested and also would never inject myself, it could cause damage to ur veins or anything. the only people who should administer injections are doctors / nurses.
drug addicts inject heroin cos it makes them feel good, its still illegal and people dont agree with it
beauty addicts are injecting an unknown substance cos it makes them tan, this is also illegal and a lot of professionals as there are on here will not agree with this fad

there are much safer ways to get a tan than inject this stuff into your body. until it is certified safe and legal people should not be using this

Hi All,
It doesn't seem that long ago that everyone was against Botox injections..yes I know they have to be given by a doctor. Flab Jab injections were on the Hot list a couple of years ago, they were taken off because they were not yet licensed.......soon as they are I will have Flab Jabs. The tanning well I'd like to know a bit more, but could not say that I wouln't have a go........Maybe it is wrong.......maybe not, up to the individual to choose. So I am off to google it and see what other info I can gather. I may go for it when I have found out more.
Lotsa luv x :hug:

Last edited:
melanotan is legal in the USA and Australia and loads of other countries.
as they have an increased risk of skin cancer due to the hole in the o-zone layer(australia im on about) or at least thats what i read. ive been on them 3 months and they are great even though i know im being foolish and toying with my health potentially. the needle is only a tiny one that a diabetic would use to inject insulin. its stigmatised cause its people un-neccesarily injecting things into them they dont need. just like steroids

when was it legalized? i heard it wasnt legal ANYWHERE as it has not been tested

when was it legalized? i heard it wasnt legal ANYWHERE as it has not been tested

What is generally illegal EVERYWHERE is the unregulated sales of the melanotan peptides for human usage. In most countries there have never been any laws (to this day) preventing one from procuring, possessing and using them.
I would advise folks to read all of this extensive Salon Geek thread about the peptides as there's quite a bit of good information there.

Cheers,

-Scott
Melanotan.org - afamelanotide Admin

Last edited:
Hi,i have been using this injection now for 3 months,and it really works.The loadup pierod can be like watching grass grow,but then all of a sudden your brown.I now only inject once every 2 weeks & sunbed day after the injection.There are risks,but i know what i`m doing,it`s a risk going on a sunbed,drinking,smoking.As long as you read about it,it`s up to you in the end.Cancer victims use it in Austraila who no can`t go out into the sun.It has also been called the `barbie drug`.You are ment to lose weight too,but that hasn`t` worked for me thou.

It is my belief that this product melanotan or melanotan 2 aka mt2 can be bought as a nasal spray or injections off the internet.
I can say i have spoken to a number of people (all users) and some of the symptoms mentioned have been correct.
The one that is most interesting is the heightened sexual arousal.(very very true)
The moles is also true, but the bit about freckles I think is irrelevant becasue when you tan they occur anyway.

The main thing that people would be interested in is that melanotan was created as a defences against skin cancer.
I always wonder why they stopped.

I have not read all of this thread, but I feel I need to let you know what I have seen with this injection. I have watched one of my younger clients who had the most gorgeous translucent/porcelain skin, too an unrecognisable colour of dirty brown and she has developed moles in places she never had them before, they are mostly black too which is very worrying!!
I cant understand the mentality to want to inject your body with a chemical that is not legal (as far as I read last year) and that we dont yet know the full side effects of.........all just to be BROWN, utter madness if you ask me.

Sorry rant over & isn't being white the brown???

'I think it's safer than a sunbed,' she said. 'It actually prevents ageing.'

Boy, is she in for a shock. HAHA!

I cant understand the mentality to want to inject your body with a chemical

Deb, addicts will do anything to achieve a goal. Over here, we call them 'tanorexics' and the desire 'tanorexia'.

Hmm..it's not hard to see why this thread was resurrected. The drug proving a bit harder to sell these days, boys?

Two of my male friends have used this product and it really does work. They only problem they had was the expense of it, but they did get the side effects of nausea when they first started using it but thats it. They are also researching an trailing 'Afamelanotide' which is an implant the size of a grain of rice which has the same effect, which they eventually want to use for people skin/ pigmentation problems :S!

Now they've brought out nasaltan the nasal spray. I think its a fantastic idea, im porcelain white and hate it and when i fake tanned daily, spent just as much on fake tan as they do melanotan. Ive considered this option, but to risky for me im afraid, but i be straight in there if i knew it was entirely safe and tested. Its easy for some people to say fake tanners are vain etc, but when the sun hits you and reflects straight back of you, it can be quiet depressing lol. :)

Last edited:
hiya :D were new to this me and a friend started our tanning injections yesterday, were confused on when to take our sunbed sessions, couold anyone pleasee help us??? were taking 1 injections a day for 20 days xxxxxxxx :Love:

Latest posts

Back