Tanning oil on holiday?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

l.a.m.x

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering how many of you use a tanning oil when you are on holiday?

I am fair skinned and used one once when i was around 14 on holiday and got burnt to a crisp. I think it had SPF 2- big mistake!

I am fair skinned and use a sun bed for 9 mins every couple of weeks to keep some colour.

Would i burn if the oil had a higher SPF? :rolleyes: I don't want to risk it but everyone else seems to get a good colour with one!

Thanks in advance xx

I used Hawaiian oil when I went Tunisia for a week and ended up with severe heat rash. I used factor 30.

The doctor told me the oil is what caused it.

Im fine with oul but im olive skinned and never ever burn! Maybe my nose if its really really hot. My mum isnt light skinned but not olive either and she used oil and greece and was covered in water blisters! Not a good idea if ur fair skinned x

Use cream on your top half and a higher SPF oil on your legs because they're the hardest to tan and you really don't want to get burnt so maybe try that x

I'm very fair skinned I have blistered in England before in overcast weather!. I have found my skin adapts the the weather as time goes on. I have a few sunbeds before I go on holiday to bring my freckles out and take away the Caspar look. Haha Then use 30 for the first 2/3 days then go down to 15 for 1/2 days see how your skin goes then use an oil with 15 factor. If your skin feels like it's burning then have a shower and apply a higher factor.
I hate having pale skin but I am what I am I suppose!!
Hope this helped x

It's hard being pale isn't it! Thanks for your replies :) xx

I'm fair skinned and I use factor 50! It's best just to fake it ;)

Latest posts

Back