Tanning parties - collecting money upfront?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

applepie

Reaction score
How many geeks doing tanning parties and the like and collect the payment or at least a deposit in advance before the party?

Just starting to add this to my treatments and I have had a bit of party plan type experience in the past where it is usual for some of the guests to drop out on the night.

Wondered if this may be an acceptable thing to do so you know it won't be a wasted night & people are committed to coming!?

I've only ever done one tan party, didn't take deposits. Thing is when you are mobile it is hard to get a deposit, I'm not prepared to travel 10 miles to get £10, if you see what I mean. xxx

I do them, i ask for a 50% deposit from the host and advise her to collect payment from her guests before the night explaining that if it is booked for say 6 people she will be charged for 6 people on the night regardless of if 6 turn up or 2 turn up,
this does seem to work well as it encourages people not to back out at the last minute as they do not want to pay for something that they are not getting, the host doesnt lose out and neither does the therapist,
of course if you turn up and only 2 out of 6 peeps turns up it is up to you if you take the full payment or split it with the host, if you split it with the host she will be more likely to book with you again or will at least have good things to say about you and your service and neither one of you will have had a wasted night hth

Thats a good idea loubylou

I did a spray tan party and a couple dropped out which is a bit annoying as i had traveled a way to get there

Will think about taking a deposit inthe future

Hi

Yes I do tanning parties and I get the hostess of the party to pay a deposit and the deposit depends on the amount of people going I also have made up a booking form which I email to them and they fill in and post back to me with their cheque for the deposit I also supply them with a list of my terms and conditions and before tanning treatment list.

This is roughly what I say on my terms and conditions form

"Parties are priced with the number of guests considered at the time of booking any less guests and the party price must remain the same"

I find this helps and saves any embarrasment.

I have found that reminding the host that the party must remain the same in order for her to receive her free one usually does the trick and they get all the money in.

Where I run in to difficulty is if its a party at the last minuit then I just have to take pot luck:irked:

I hope this helps you

best wishes Catherine

Hello ladies

I do beauty pamper parties and wedding day packages and take 50% to 'secure' the date and time, this phrase works really well and a nicer way to approach the deposit subjuct.

Also can I be cheeky and ask how much you all charge for your spray tans when doing a party at someones house.

Take care
Amanda
www.funkyfingertips.co.uk

Hello ladies

I do beauty pamper parties and wedding day packages and take 50% to 'secure' the date and time, this phrase works really well and a nicer way to approach the deposit subjuct.

Also can I be cheeky and ask how much you all charge for your spray tans when doing a party at someones house.

Take care
Amanda
Funky Fingertips | Chester - Beauticians in Chester, Beauticians in Ellesmere Port, Beauty Training Course in Chester, Beauty Training in Ellesmere Port, Beauty Training in Cheshire, Nail Technicians in Chester, Nail Extensions in Ellesmere Port, Nai
I charge £20 per person and if the host has 5 or more guests the host gets the tan for free and a discount voucher for her next tan

Latest posts

Back