Tanning pregnant woman question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teens1974

Reaction score
Hi Guys

As always i dont have time to search this til lunch time but I thought i would do a sneaky post at work in the meantime to see if anyone can help
I have been tanning for 7 months and love it, however tonight I have to tan a pregnant woman and I dont know if there is anything i should be doing differently

I know she is 20 weeks (and due in august) and she hasnt had any problems, but is there anything I need to do or be aware of

Shamefully I have never even been near a pregnant woman let alone tan one lol

Thank you for the advice

T xxx

I've tanned quite a few pregnant women and no problems, I only tan them after the 12 week mark. However hormones are high when they're pregnant and this can play havoc with their skin, I sprayed a pregnant girl once and she went green in parts, it was weird but she said after her shower the next day it was fine! :)

Maybe you should suggest she wears a face mask through her tan and take it off when doing her face.if she refuses to wear it that's up to her but you want nothing backfiring on you and at least you have offered!every pregnant woman I have done has wore one

Xx

Had spray tans all through my pregnancy. All was fine with me, have to say, my tan looked better when I was pregnant! Weird!

xxx

Hi Guys

As always i dont have time to search this til lunch time but I thought i would do a sneaky post at work in the meantime to see if anyone can help
I have been tanning for 7 months and love it, however tonight I have to tan a pregnant woman and I dont know if there is anything i should be doing differently

I know she is 20 weeks (and due in august) and she hasnt had any problems, but is there anything I need to do or be aware of

Shamefully I have never even been near a pregnant woman let alone tan one lol

Thank you for the advice

T xxx

Just warn her that her hormones may cause the tan to take differently to normal, e.g. A little patchy etc, then again as said above ^ it may even be better than normal! Lol. X

Thank you everyone for all the help and advice

I am going to chat to her beforehand and make sure is fully aware of everything, but my understanding is she has had a spray tan before whilst preggers

It is me that is a bag of nerves and worried, made worse by the fact it is for a wedding that she is going to tomorrow *GULP*

Thanks again

x

You will be absolutely fine hun as long as you give her all the necessary info, just treat the same as any other client. Don't use anything too dark though. :) x

Hi ALl

I just wanted to say thank you for all the help and advice

she was fine lol I was a nervous mess, but it all went ok. I warned her of what may go wrong, she didnt care. Said she had never had any problems and if she went green it would be a hoot lol

Thank you all so much, it was a good tan in the end :biggrin:

According to my insurance company I am not covered to spray a pregnant woman at any stage! So annoying!

Most insurance companies recomend tanning after the first trimester and a mask.

Check your ins policy as it may be different and what did your training company recomend?

hi ive got a client thats 7 weeks pregnent really wanting a tan-im in 2 minds weather i should do it or not-what would you guys do ? x

hi ive got a client thats 7 weeks pregnent really wanting a tan-im in 2 minds weather i should do it or not-what would you guys do ? x
I wouldn't tan anyone untill after 12 weeks

I wouldn't until after 12 weeks either x

Yeah thats what I thought told her I'm sorry she understood so all good,thanks guys x

I think it's ABT that won't insure you to tan ANY pregnant women? (I could be wrong) Most however just say not to tan in the first trimester. Mainly to minimise the risk of anyone saying it caused a miscarriage... However is insurance says no... don't do it :) Of course the problem is many women don't know they are pregnant in the first 4-8 weeks (especially if unplanned!) so this is where your consultation cards come in :) "are you pregnant?" "No" - super - nut the tanners fault in that case :)

This issue really should have been covered with any training and certification given by your training organization.

In grey areas such as this its always advisable to check with your insurers and take there instruction in terms of cover provided.

If they say you are not covered...then dont do it
HTH

I have to say that spraying women who are pregnant was covered in my training and we were told not first trimester - however what shocked me was that some insurance companies do not insure you to spray pregnant ladies at any stage. I'm glad to read on here before taking out mine as that would have definitely caught me off guard...

Latest posts

Back