Tanning questions, help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

king2805

Reaction score
I'm booked in for fake tan training- it is on the White to brown tan but I'm hoping to get the training done and then choose a brand. I honestly don't know where to start, there just seems to be so many!in your opinion, what tan do you find best and why?

Many thanks in advance![emoji4]

I can't help as I'm doing the same course and hoping to do the same, I hope you get some answers though :) would be interesting to hear what people say

I'm booked in for fake tan training- it is on the White to brown tan but I'm hoping to get the training done and then choose a brand. I honestly don't know where to start, there just seems to be so many!in your opinion, what tan do you find best and why?

Many thanks in advance![emoji4]

Hi, I trained with and use Moroccan Tan
It's fab! Its infused with organic Argan oil and rose hip oil, leaves skin absolutely beautiful and suitable for all skin types. They are rapid tans so rinse off in 2 hours which my clients love not sleeping in them! They also do an exotic range for olive based skin tones.
The colours are natural looking with brown not orange hues. To be honest most of my clients had never heard of Moroccan tan they always hear of st tropez, fake bake and sienna x but after trying Moroccan Tan all of my clients love it and say they prefer it now!

I must look into this sounds fab!

Anyone else got any other advice?

We converted to FakeBake last year we and all our clients love it. Our best purchase though has been an inflatable, washable spray tan tent btw! Xx

Like miss Misslelly2020 I also Moroccan tan it's fab & is green based so your clients never have that "orange look!" It's also a rapid tan which means your clients can shower after 2 hours if they want to. The tan smells nice & is quick drying too! They do 8%,10%,12% &14 % in the original range & they also do a range Called "Moroccan nights" which is violet based for clients with a more olive/darker complexion. Moroccan tan is also the no1. best selling tan in Australia too! HTH X

A vote for Face Bake from me, :)

I can't help as I'm doing the same course and hoping to do the same, I hope you get some answers though :) would be interesting to hear what people say

Hi Layla, did you do your White to Brown course today by any chance??

Hi yes I did :)

So did I! (with my daughter).

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what did you think of the actual tan?

We both really enjoyed the course and thought it was well presented and informative. (I think it was better than the Sienna X course I did a few years back). The only thing we were both disappointed with was the actual tan itself! I was aware using the 10% probably wouldn't be dark enough for me, but it should have been plenty dark enough for my daughter, but after showering it off this morning neither of us look much darker than we did before the tan! As it started to develop we both started to look quite "freckly" (I don't have freckles at all normally!) and even after showering it still looks a bit speckly in places.

This is a real shame as I was really hoping to be won over by White to Brown as I had heard good things about it and was impressed with the range of products they offer. It would be interesting to hear what you thought about it? Were you pleased with your results?

I will probably e-mail Bethany the trainer and ask if she has any suggestions as to why our tans didn't develop so well and looked freckly - admittedly her gun was much more responsive to mine and I did press the trigger too hard on occasions, but even if I overspray Crazy Angel with my gun, as long as I dab it with the mitt it doesn't dry speckly, so I'm not sure if that was the reason.

Hi! It's so nice to hear your opinion on the products as I was a bit let down on them also, driving home I noticed my face was very freckly and once washed off I feel like no one can tell I've even had anything done, also I think ordering from the brand itself is going to be a nightmare as I signed up for an account and the prices are the same as retail and no solution or accessories in sight!

Hi! It's so nice to hear your opinion on the products as I was a bit let down on them also, driving home I noticed my face was very freckly and once washed off I feel like no one can tell I've even had anything done, also I think ordering from the brand itself is going to be a nightmare as I signed up for an account and the prices are the same as retail and no solution or accessories in sight!

That's really interesting that you felt the same! I was wondering if the lady you sprayed had better results? She certainly looked quite brown after you'd finished spraying her, but I'm guessing you used the 12.5% on her as she was quite dark to start with? To be honest, I would normally have opted for the darker shade myself and I wish I had now as it would have been interesting to see if it would have made much difference. Which one did you have?

I also had a look on the White to Brown website and couldn't find any of the professional products or accessories either! I would have liked to order the sticky feet as I preferred theirs to the ones I've got as they virtually rip the skin off the soles of your feet peeling them off!! Salon Services don't sell all the range either so I've no idea how we could order them. Maybe we should drop Bethany an e-mail and see what she says?

I'm pretty sure my model opted for the 10% although she decided whilst I was changing so can't remember which she chose, Bethany mentioned that the dark was very dark so think she swayed to the 10, I had 8.5 because I'm so pale and was unsure if the 10% solution would be too much, but like you wonder if the darker would have look better! I asked Bethany about the website and she just said to email them although I didn't think that was very usual, I found the same sticky feet earlier from tanning essentials :) http://www.tanningessentials.co/products/Clean-Feet-%2d-Foam-.html

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure my model opted for the 10% although she decided whilst I was changing so can't remember which she chose, Bethany mentioned that the dark was very dark so think she swayed to the 10, I had 8.5 because I'm so pale and was unsure if the 10% solution would be too much, but like you wonder if the darker would have look better! I asked Bethany about the website and she just said to email them although I didn't think that was very usual, I found the same sticky feet earlier from tanning essentials :) http://www.tanningessentials.co/products/Clean-Feet-%2d-Foam-.html

Thanks, I'll have a look at tanning Essentials :)

Hi. I use Nouvatan. Like you was struggling to decide which brand to use. Did loads of research and opted for this one. It really is a lovely natrual tan and my customers really like it. My only comment is that for those customers that want to go rally dard/fake/Towie, I don't think it goes dark enough. With that i mind also bear in mind your customers base. I work in a small rural village so most of my ladies do just want a natural sunkissed look and are a bit more mature. If you're spraying more younger clients, they may want to opt more for darker shades. Nouvatan also do a rapid tan option also which is great for those with little time. Good luck. Hope you find one you like.

I agree with loulou71, ive used Nouvatan for 3 years love it!! But it suits my clients, if I lived up north where I know the glam girls love a dark tan you may need to stock a dark brand, saying that nouvatan does to the 16& 20% which look fab on olive skin! X

Lady's who is using Moroccan Tan
Please can you tell me where you buying it from ? Also how much do you charge for spray tan ?
I'm asking because I'm going for spray tan course at the end of this month and looking for brand to use
Thank you

Please can you tell me where you buying it from ? Also how much do you charge for spray tan ?
I'm asking because I'm going for spray tan course at the end of this month and looking for brand to use
Thank you
I did their course and it was very useful and I left feeling very confident. You can buy Moroccan Tan at Salon Services or online from Sweetsquared.

Thank you

I buy from sweet squared and I charge between £20 for mobile spray tan xx

Latest posts

Back