Tanning: Solution for a full body

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clare_11

Reaction score
Just a question to anyone that can help... I've seen peoples posts about amount of solution used to do a tan, some saying they use approx 35-50mls of tan for a full body, is that spraying the clients once or twice?

I spray once and use about 50ml. I'm slowly using less and less. I still get a hit of overspray, going to cut move my dial a fraction again for my next tan.

I use around 40ml for full body tan :) x

I use about 40ml per person and only spray once as that's all that's needed.
Double spraying really is a waste of time and money.
x

I was trained to spray twice and have for the past 18 months always sprayed clients twice because I think it makes the tans better, looks nicer with 2 lighter coats and lasts longer too

I can use anything between 35 - 50 ml a tan and this is for one spray. I was also trained to double spray however I am now using Sienna X and was advised the double spray is not needed. I was sceptical at first but went ahead with it and I can say the second spray does not make a difference (atleast not with Sienna X anyway). I tried both times on my mum and when I double sprayed the guide colour was alot darker but the resulting tan the next day was exactly the same colour both times. So save yourself some money and try not double spraying!!! :green:

I will try my own tan tomorrow with one spray. I use LA, does anyone know if that's on to spray once with? I thought that the extra spray will make it darker as with other self tanning solutions, the more you put on the darker you go?

I will try my own tan tomorrow with one spray. I use LA, does anyone know if that's on to spray once with? I thought that the extra spray will make it darker as with other self tanning solutions, the more you put on the darker you go?

I would be interested to know the answer to this too actually as I also use LA tan alongside Sienna. I've always used two with the LA though.

I use 50ml and spray twice. The client is hardly wet and can change straight away. Helps heaps with the wear off factor. My guide colour is very pale so my trainers told me to follow the line of the skin moving with the air!!

I would be interested to know the answer to this too actually as I also use LA tan alongside Sienna. I've always used two with the LA though.

Thinking back I am sure I have done it before with one spray because I only wanted a light tan, if I remember correctly it didn't last well or look that good. I prefer two lighter sprays, kind of like nail pollish, two lighter coats works better than one heavier one. Most of my clients prefer dark tans, I use approx 60-70 mls maybe? That's 2 sprays on someone who likes a deeper tan, I use a lot less on those who like a lighter tan. Even at that amount I am getting 20-25 tans from a litre which I understand is about average.

Training organizations all train slightly differently...some train with a single application whilst others train with two applications.

Here at tantrick we train with one application which works well for the thousands we have trained over the years

In terms of technique its worth remembering that as trainers we train you to give you the initial skill and confidence and back up support for you to get out there and get your business going.....over time and usage you will develop your own specific technique changes and thats great...means we have done our job properly giving you that initial start point.

In terms of how much solution used...well at the early stage you will naturally use a lot of solution however with usage and experience you will begin to use less.

For a full body using a single application method try and aim for around 45ml

HTH and good luck

Thanks Colin. The thing is I was doing light mobile tanning using a TS10, the machine lasted very well but I dropped it and broke something inside. I have now bought the TS20 and now have find the perfect place in the dial again and try to work out how much solution I'm using again! I suppose I could use the TS10 gun still but I like the idea of the bigger cup

Thanks Colin. The thing is I was doing light mobile tanning using a TS10, the machine lasted very well but I dropped it and broke something inside. I have now bought the TS20 and now have find the perfect place in the dial again and try to work out how much solution I'm using again! I suppose I could use the TS10 gun still but I like the idea of the bigger cup

I would stick with your new gun...its simply a case of getting used to it thats all
Keep it up and you will get there

I would stick with your new gun...its simply a case of getting used to it thats all
Keep it up and you will get there

I suppose so, it's just annoying because it took me ages to find that perfect setting and now I have to find it again, ah well! Thanks Colin :)

I suppose so, it's just annoying because it took me ages to find that perfect setting and now I have to find it again, ah well! Thanks Colin :)

it wont take you long ;0)))

At the moment I'm trailing different tans. So far iv used Sienna X, Suntana & Nouvatan. I loved Sienna X but had a few issues with the other 2. Suntana I found didn't have as good of a guid colour so felt like I needed to spray more, ended up using 70ml. With Nouvatan I got loads of overspray coming out of the back of my machine. I do spray twice so do you think that's why I'm getting overspray? However with Suntana & Sienna X my gun was at the same setting & got no overspray!
Thanks guys x

I can use anything between 35 - 50 ml a tan and this is for one spray. I was also trained to double spray however I am now using Sienna X and was advised the double spray is not needed. I was sceptical at first but went ahead with it and I can say the second spray does not make a difference (atleast not with Sienna X anyway). I tried both times on my mum and when I double sprayed the guide colour was alot darker but the resulting tan the next day was exactly the same colour both times. So save yourself some money and try not double spraying!!! :green:

As always it depends 100% on what the spray tan solution supplier/manufacturer recommends!

Some solutions are formulated to be sprayed once and some for 2 sprays so the OP will need to clarify this with her supplier.

At the moment I'm trailing different tans. So far iv used Sienna X, Suntana & Nouvatan. I loved Sienna X but had a few issues with the other 2. Suntana I found didn't have as good of a guid colour so felt like I needed to spray more, ended up using 70ml. With Nouvatan I got loads of overspray coming out of the back of my machine. I do spray twice so do you think that's why I'm getting overspray? However with Suntana & Sienna X my gun was at the same setting & got no overspray!
Thanks guys x

The settings on your gun might need to be changed depending on solution hun. It would depend on the velocity (I think that's the right word lol - thickness) of the solution. xxx

Thanks guys x

If you are getting over spray comming out of the back of your machine it is not relevant to the solution brand you are using im afraid

Its basically the airborne over spray particles that are getting sucked back into the machine and back out of the rear via the filter....im guessing its worthwhile you cleaning the filter now and again if you are getting this as it will soon get clogged up....also worth considering an extract module as to much over spray could cause respiratory problems for you down line

Over spray emanates from technique and not the solution used.
The gun should be adjusted to give the right output volume to suit the viscosity of the solution used,the speed at which you move across the body.

The gun should be held some 8" away from the skin to reduce over spray issues

HTH and good luck

Latest posts

Back