tanning solution

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

corrine1983

Reaction score
hey geekettes,
Im going to be doing tanning very shortly, ive bought a tent, compressor and the adaptor which performs the tan for under 180pounds, anyway im looking for a nice tanning solution, but not to expensive........

any info in appreciated

thanks
xxxxx

If your just starting out and wanting to experiment you can contact tanning companies and they will usually send out a sample if you provide them with a business card as proof.
Capital sell a solution "Sun Laboritries' which is well priced and produces a fab colour. Have you done any training in application?

louge said:
If your just starting out and wanting to experiment you can contact tanning companies and they will usually send out a sample if you provide them with a business card as proof.
Capital sell a solution "Sun Laboritries' which is well priced and produces a fab colour. Have you done any training in application?

no but i am booking a course today, in huddersfield at white rose, they use st tropez but does it matter what product they use for their training?
thanks
xxx

I like Sudo Professional

mamma said:
I like Sudo Professional

i was thinking of using sudo, what if someone is fair and they want a spray tan can i use medium as ive been looking for a light one but no joy

thanks xx.

I am using celebrity secrets, did two tans on Saturday and they were absolutely FAB. I am a total beginner with spray tanning and this solution is extremely forgiving of us newbies.

I saw one of the ladies that I had done a spray tan for on saturday morning in the pub on saturday night and all I can say about the colour was W O W!!
Smells lovely too.

joe90 said:
I am using celebrity secrets, did two tans on Saturday and they were absolutely FAB. I am a total beginner with spray tanning and this solution is extremely forgiving of us newbies.

I saw one of the ladies that I had done a spray tan for on saturday morning in the pub on saturday night and all I can say about the colour was W O W!!
Smells lovely too.

how long have you been doing it for? i have just ordered the celebrity secrets solution, where did you do your training?

corrine1983 said:
i was thinking of using sudo, what if someone is fair and they want a spray tan can i use medium as ive been looking for a light one but no joy

thanks xx.

they offer a bronze or dark tanning solution. the bronze is suitable for any skin type

A few things to take into consideration before chosing a solution, have a tan done yourself and look at the initial colour with the colour guide, what does it feel like, how long does it take to dry. Is there a smell to it? What does it look like the following day once the coolourguide has washed off. See how it wears off - it may take you a few more days before making your decision, but just remember your clients will be wanting a good result and your reputation sepends on it. DOn't always chose on price, the cheap route isn't always worth it, especially with solutions.

If you are looking for natural coloured solution, just remember to do the "tissue test" where you should drop a few droplets of tanning solution onto a tissue and watch what happens. If the colouring from the drops turn green, then this is an indicator to the artificial FD&C colourings within the solution, be careful with your storage as the solution will be more prone to turning green when the red colouring is exposed to air, light and heat. Make sure you order in small quantities and keep out of cars in this hot weather.

If the solution retains it's brown colouring, this will be a good sign that natural colourings have been used within the solution and shouldn't turn green.

Good luck with your choice.

Kind regards

Mandy

Most companies will send you a sample ive had

celebrity secrets
tantrick
amber mist
sienna sun

from them so far i have used ambermist and now using sienna sun smells fab
i think you have to try them out 1st chick and keep with what suits you:)

I've tried loads and have found couture to be the best so far.... I did a tan on a girl 3 weeks ago and she still has it on!!!

hey and thanks for all your replies, as im dark skinned i cant try the solutions myself, but i have a friend willing to be a test dummy!!!!

thanks

Has she not had a wash yet then? (LOL)

angelxdevil said:
I've tried loads and have found couture to be the best so far.... I did a tan on a girl 3 weeks ago and she still has it on!!!

Spray 2 Go said:
A few things to take into consideration before chosing a solution, have a tan done yourself and look at the initial colour with the colour guide, what does it feel like, how long does it take to dry. Is there a smell to it? What does it look like the following day once the coolourguide has washed off. See how it wears off - it may take you a few more days before making your decision, but just remember your clients will be wanting a good result and your reputation sepends on it. DOn't always chose on price, the cheap route isn't always worth it, especially with solutions.

If you are looking for natural coloured solution, just remember to do the "tissue test" where you should drop a few droplets of tanning solution onto a tissue and watch what happens. If the colouring from the drops turn green, then this is an indicator to the artificial FD&C colourings within the solution, be careful with your storage as the solution will be more prone to turning green when the red colouring is exposed to air, light and heat. Make sure you order in small quantities and keep out of cars in this hot weather.

If the solution retains it's brown colouring, this will be a good sign that natural colourings have been used within the solution and shouldn't turn green.

Good luck with your choice.

Kind regards

Mandy

I've recently collected all the information and samples from all of the leading tanning companies and have done the tissue test! I dotted a few spots of the solution onto tissue and all but one had green all around the rim of the tests!!! Tantrick was the only solution that didn't go green immediatley or over time! I've been hearing more and more about the tissue test as I don't want my solutions turning colour in the heat or over time!!! Some of the companies do offer cheaper solution or products but Tantrick proved to be overall the best tanning company for me in terms of products, service and solutions. I've never looked back and I think Tantrick Geeks would agree with me on that!

Good luck in finding the right soultion for you!

Nic! x

Just to let everyone know who has enquired, our website is now up and running and ready for your orders, you can also request samples of our tanning solution and aftercare products on there, and ask for a demo in your area as well, we will not be exhibiting at the shows this year but we will always match any show offers - so go on... have a look and let me know your thoughts

www.couturebeauty.co.uk

Kind Regards
Debbie Easter

Creative Ambassador Manchester

Just to let you know that Liquid Sun by Vani-T does not go green either on the tissue test! Our solution is made from 99% natural products, no alcohol!
We also produce a fabulous bodycare range to complement your tan, these do NOT contain Parabens, Sulphates, Petrochemicals, Synthetic Oils, Glycols, fragrant oils/perfumes. All of which are common in moisturisers, some cosmetics, body washes, shampoos and deodorant. Did anyone see the article in the Daily Mail Sept 4th? This outlines the various chemicals and their dangers.
Anyone wanting to try a sample - pm me.
Happy Tanning!

If you want to try out some new solutions:Grope:..have a look at the plaster test on Spray Tanning Mobile Tan and you can order some free samples

I Some of the companies do offer cheaper solution or products but Tantrick proved to be overall the best tanning company for me in terms of products, service and solutions. I've never looked back and I think Tantrick Geeks would agree with me on that!

Nic! x

Absolutely agree with that. I've never had one disappointed customer with the Tantrick spray tan, and nearly everyone comes back for more. :green:

Latest posts

Back