Tanning the hands

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHELSEAHARVEY

Reaction score
Even though I have been tanning now for 10 months I still sometimes find the knuckles go darker than the hands

Why does this happen & how do you prevent it? It's not all the time so. Dong get what I'm doing different?

I get the client to barrier there hands
I get them to do a claw when tanning the hands spray over the hands & then down the fingers?

Help I no it's not a nice way to have the hands look it ruins it

Hi

I lightly mist over the hands. Holding the gun slightly further away.

Hope this helps x

Me too, light quick spray further away!

Im 21 and tan all the time personally, I also do alot of spray tans too! I have always always always had trouble with my hands when i tan, whether it be them being too dark or look dodgy on the knuckles lol so what i do is i apply the tan very lightly with minimal tan (so if doing a customer very light spray over the hands once is enough in claw position) then let that dry for depending on the tan and how quickly it dries 30-90 seconds and then i get a small amount of moisturiser and rub my hands with it in a finger locking action hand on top of hand and wipe the palms with a baby wipe or towel and that ALWAYS does the trick for me :)

Hope this helps X

I do exactly what you do using a light spray and definately hold the gun further away it makes a huge difference!

Even though I have been tanning now for 10 months I still sometimes find the knuckles go darker than the hands

Why does this happen & how do you prevent it? It's not all the time so. Dong get what I'm doing different?

I get them to do a claw when tanning the hands spray over the hands & then down the fingers?

Hands are always a difficult one

As you come down the arm and get to just above the wrist sim0ly pull your gun away

Hands should only be lightly misted really

Knuckels have excess skin...as they have to to be able to bend...unfortunatley this is therefore a possible problematic area for us spray tanners....so to this area ...less is more

HTH

I do a very light mist in circular motions over clawed hands.

I've never notice a problem, or had a problem reports to me. X

If I only do a light mist it makes my clients hands either white or makes them look a LOT lighter than the rest of the body which just looks odd.

Yeah, I don't think I could get away with a light mist.

I have the clients spread their fingers as far as they can and I do three quick strokes down their hand, from left to right. Then they do the claw position and I spray across their knuckles. That's always worked fine for me!

Hi

I always apply barrier cream to clients hands making sure that there is enough to stop the tan clinging too much but not too much to stop the tan developing at all!

I get them to move there hands as though they were gripping a ball, and I do a circular movement but hold the gun further away that normal!

Thanks and Good Luck

Leela
Sunless Solutions

I do a very light mist in circular motions over clawed hands.

I've not been spray tanning for long but this is how I was trained (just a couple of weeks ago) and the few spray tans I have done the hands have been fine. XxX

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I always barrier cream the hands paying particular attention to knuckles as they are usually drier. If you have any areas which are particularly dry they absorb more of the tan. I also just lightly spray in circular motion x

I always do a light mist over the hands from standing further back, I know some say this makes the hands lighter but I think that looks more natural - your hands when tanned naturally never go as dark as your arms, just my opinion though!

Latest posts

Back