Tans and rain!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fabuloushelen

Reaction score
So I had a girl come to me the other day for a tan. It was raining when she left and she had a 5 minute walk home. When I say raining it was absolutely pouring down! She sent me a text later which showed that her tan had got all streaky due to the wet clothes. I gave her a respray for free as I wasn't too sure what to do and she was really upset. She was only a young girl and it was her first tan.
So my question is has this happened to anyone else? She said she knew it wasn't my fault and that she was really greatful for the free top up. I felt really bad for her and certainly didn't want her showing other people that she had a streaky tan from me! She sent me a text this morning to say it was still a Lottie streaky but not as bad as she expected and after her shower it was hardly noticeable. What would you do in this situation??? As it's obviously not our fault if the client gets soaked after leaving, but you want them to be happy , right? X

Little not Lottie!

Hmmmm tricky. I have been known to actually drive them back to where they needed to go (locally of course) but that's not feasible if you have other clients in after. The best suggestion I have is to have a few umbrellas handy which they can 'borrow'. Or if it's throwing it down that much, chances are - it might calm down after a few minutes. I always follow my clients out to their car with an umbrella if it's raining. But obviously as she was walking its a bit different. Xx

Hi, it doesn't actually affect the tan at all, you would think so but it doesn't, i only know this because one time i'd done my own spraytan (it was right at the beginning as well when i first started doing tans) and about 10mins or so later i got absolutely soaked and i thought i'd be all streaky, but to my surprise i wasn't the tan had already taken, i jumped in the shower and washed the guide colour off and it was all even and the colour had taken already. however, for clients piece of mind i always give them an umberella to borrow if it rains.
Also, see if you forgot to put your gloves on before you did a spraytan and you got some on your hand/arm, how hard is it to remove and you wash it off straight after wards as well, but it doesn't budge.
Clients would never believe this though, so umberella's good

Hi, it doesn't actually affect the tan at all, you would think so but it doesn't, i only know this because one time i'd done my own spraytan (it was right at the beginning as well when i first started doing tans) and about 10mins or so later i got absolutely soaked and i thought i'd be all streaky, but to my surprise i wasn't the tan had already taken, i jumped in the shower and washed the guide colour off and it was all even and the colour had taken already. however, for clients piece of mind i always give them an umberella to borrow if it rains.
Also, see if you forgot to put your gloves on before you did a spraytan and you got some on your hand/arm, how hard is it to remove and you wash it off straight after wards as well, but it doesn't budge.
Clients would never believe this though, so umberella's good

Good point re how hard it is to remove tan from our arm straight after a tan. Also I tanned my sister once and she spilt water down her leg from her drink bottle just as she was getting in the car. I had already raced off to pick up my kids from daycare so I couldn't try and 'fix' it.

I might try testing it out though...the things we do lol

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

I always advise clients to bring a umbrella etc if its likely to rain. I keep a brollie in my tanning cabin and walk clients back to their cars if its raining or snowing. I have done my own tan and been rained and snowed on whilst dashing back into the house (my cabins in my garden). I have personally found that it has left spodges on my tan if I have only just been sprayed.

Fab replys thanks lovelies. It was actually sunny when she came so it as a bit unexpected. Typical welsh weather! It actually stopped the minute she got home too! I did actually give her a lift back after the second one! She text me last night and said that it hadn't put her off and she was greatful that I had tried to fix it and would be back next week. Phew!!!! Xx

With regards to the comment about the rain not affecting the tan, I think this is because it was washed off straight away. If you go out in the rain but then leave the solution on for the full development time you will notice the rain drops/streaks/patchiness x

Fab replys thanks lovelies. It was actually sunny when she came so it as a bit unexpected. Typical welsh weather! It actually stopped the minute she got home too! I did actually give her a lift back after the second one! She text me last night and said that it hadn't put her off and she was greatful that I had tried to fix it and would be back next week. Phew!!!! Xx

Where u from ?

Sunny Aberystwyth! :)

Aww lol I'm from Newport xx

Latest posts

Back