Tans, chlorine & tanning olive skin

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tezzajezza

Reaction score
Hi Geeketts!

Just a couple of question, thought I'd kill two questions with one thread!

I have a lady who would like a spray tan before going away on a hen weekend as she would like a bit of colour. I have warned what that it may go patchy after going in and out the pool but wanted to know what your experiences have been and what you advise?

I also have another lady who has slightly olive skin and was wondering what % you would recommend? I tend to stick to 14-16% but would this show on her skin?

Terri x

Hi I had a ray tan myself for a hen do last September and it lasted the weekend even after using the pool and applying sun cream.

Would usually use a 16 or 20% on olive skin.

We use OMG.

:)

Didn't it go patchy or rub off at all?

Chlorine will bleach the colour out of a tan.

It might go patchy if they rub themselves dry after getting out of the water - to avoid patchyness ALWAYS pat dry or just dry naturally if possible.

My friend and her boyfriend had an accident with an aftersun lotion with DHA in it (they didn't know it had DHA in it), they applied the lotion generously JUST over parts of their bodies that had caught the sun. They woke in the morning to bright orange hands and everywhere they had put the lotion was also bright orange.
It took 6 hours in Chlorine at a water park to bleach the colour out (and they really were bright orange lol) my friends boyfriend said he would not have gone outside for the rest of the holiday looking like that and thanked me for the advice to go swimming lol.

No patches at all. I'll def do it again xx

Thats a good tip baggybear! I would have been mortified!!

Think I'll just give the warnings and then it's up to them if they have it done!

I had sttropez tan then went on hols was in the pool twice for about a hr tops. The tan disappeared completely from under my arms. So my armpits down about halfway was completely white. I was wearing a tshirt over top Wayne it rubbed as well.

Latest posts

Back