Tantrick or Sienna??????????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heidim

Reaction score
Hi there

I am looking at doing a spray tan course soon the ones local to me are tantrick or Sienna.. Would love to hear what people think of them both and are they any good.( as I don't want to spend loads of dosh and it be rubbish

Many Thanks

Heidi xx

Having used both I would recommend Sienna X, the colours are lovely really really natural and as a brand they are so well publicised and have been voted best tan by Marie Claire and also featured on Radio 1 recently. They also smell yummy, just like holidays!! For newbies they offer really wicked kits that include everything you could possibly need to start up with and I find the customer service and after care excellent.

Tantrick Tantrick Tantrick. I did use another solution before this and it was awful. Tried a few others and decided tantrick was the best. Went on easily and nicely and fades nicely as well and no complaints from any clients and the new machine which tantrick is selling is at an affordable price.

could you maybe get a sample from both and see what you prefer....or have a tan done in both to see which you like better.

Both brands have a good following and I would recommend that you contact both companies and have a talk with them and get a feel for yourself,

Ask for samples and if you don't have a machine of your own maybe book yourself in for a tan at a salon near you to compare.

Of major importance of course is to cover the topic of training and accreditation,do each offer one to one training or group training and what is ongoing trainer support like..does it end on the day or continue ongoing.

Consider aspects such as ongoing customer support , marketing support as well as ongoing support on equipment maintenance etc.

Hoping this helps and good luck with your assessment :hug:

I lurve Tantrick!!

I have never tried Sienna x before though so I cannot comment on that solution, only connection I have ever had was last weekend when somebody asked me why their Sienna x tan went patchy .... found out after going through all the possibilities that she had the tan on the Thursday and hadn't washed since the tan & this was on the Sunday :lol: :lol:

The best thing to do is try both tans and make your decision on your overall preference!!

I use sienna x and am really happy with it. Great colour, good results.

When I was deciding which to go for I contacted them and they sent a rep out to demo it to me. (she sprayed me but you could also get a model in if you prefer to have a go yourself).

Then she talked through every thing and left me to decide. I didn't feel any pressure, I got a follow up call but would not have felt under any obligation if I had decided not go for them.

I have found the service very friendly & also like the fact you can also order it through other suppliers like salons direct, beauty express etc as I can use it to bump up my orders for general salon stuff and get the free postage!

Well I have tried them both and I prefer Sienna. Lovely colour, smells nice, fades nice, good price, speedy delivery, good customer service, nice guide colour, good retail range at an affordable price... and my clients prefer it too which is the main thing!! :green:

BUT each to their own so i'd try them both and decide for yourself...

Try them both and see how they wear, think what is it your customers want froma tan good colour or lasting tan.

Personaly for me sienna excedes all my expectations, their customer service has been second to none, fixing my machine for me and sending me little things to try on my clients, checking in with me to see how im getting on and passing on clients in my area

HTH

I have used both
i hate sienna with a passion , not too bad a colour but fades patchy and within 4 days,
Tantrick is a great colour and will last for a good 10 days with no patchiness,
i am wearing the tantricks new solution Autumn gold at the moment and everyone has said how healthy i look, its a lovely colour
tantricks training is very good and in depth, covers everything you need and the trainers are there for you no matter how long after your training if you have any further questions and the customer care is top notch, hth

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used both
i hate sienna with a passion, not too bad a colour but fades patchy and within 4 days,
tantrick is a great colour and will last for a good 10 days with no patchiness,

ok, I have seen patchiness with Tantrick too, my husbands legs went so patchy he was embarrassed to wear shorts on holiday! and it wasnt a beach holiday where he was in the sea/pool all the time, it was Florida and theme parks nearly every day.. he moisturised everyday and had done proper prep so go figure? All the clients that I have swapped over say they find Sienna a better colour and Tantrick is orangy in comparasson.

Wouldn't say I hated Tantrick with a passion though, just prefer Sienna :green:

My comments were made from a consumers point of view hun not a trainers,
does your husband have hairy legs as this could easily have caused the problem he had

Not overly hairy, infact he's not very hairy anywhere! lol :green: i just remember looking at him and thinking how awful he looked and thinking its a wonder I get any customers returning if they all look like that!

I have had far more repeat custom since I changed to Sienna, just my experience, I think everyone will have similar stories to tell whatever solution they use.

I have never guaranteed a Tantrick tan to last 10 days. I was trained to say that everyone is different and it could last from 4 to 14 days depending on the client's skin type and how well they look after it ... and from experience that is very much the case.

Look at the article I wrote ( the link is in ValencianNails post above) as what is important to you may not be to another person ie some people are price driven whereas other think customer service is more important. Get in touch with the companies, try the products and make the choice based on your own experience and priorities. Both compaies have been in business for some time so they BOTH must be doing something right!!!

Last edited:
I have never guaranteed a Tantrick tan to last 10 days. I was trained to say that eeryone is different and it could last from 4 to 14 days depending on the client's skin type and how well they look after it ...

make you right there Sassy, some of my clients tans fade after a few days, then I find out that despite me giving them an aftercare leaflet they are still soaking in the bath for 2 hours a night :irked: Others I can still see their knicker line when I go back for the next appointment where they have really looked after it :green: This was the case with both Tantrick and Sienna...

Try them both and see how they wear, think what is it your customers want froma tan good colour or lasting tan.

Personaly for me sienna excedes all my expectations, their customer service has been second to none, fixing my machine for me and sending me little things to try on my clients, checking in with me to see how im getting on and passing on clients in my area

HTH
thats really good customer service, :)

Lets put this in the right perspective....all tanning liquids contain DHA which is the element that produces the tan ,some manufacturers use PURE DHA whilst others use cheaper synthetic substitutes brought in via China.

Different manufacturers "adapt" these base mixes to suit their specific "interpretation" of what they see as being a tan they wish to produce.

Some put more and some less initial colourant as well as some add fragrance ,moisturisers and penetrators in their blends.

It is these differences as well as the brand association(identity) ,customer service,after sales care,training and so on that ultimately differs them from one another.

Any spray tan solution if applied either incorrectly or the customer has not prepared themselves properly will result in a poor tan.

If all correct pre and post tan treatments are followed correctly most tans will developer well.

Issues such as "orange" are generally speaking a result of DHA overdose and will occur with all DHA applications to the skin.

Hoping this helps :hug:

tantrick for me,
i havent tried sienna x
im more than happy with tantrick
and cannot fault their customer service,
on here i have heard lots of geeks concerned with sienna x customer service

so if it aint broke dont fix it!!

Oh am probably going to get in bother for this, but who gives a stuff its sat night !! Tantrick, Tantrick all the way!!!!!! Collin and Britta are absolutely fab !! Tantrick is the best colour and best wear off, training is fantastic (loubyloo), you cant go wrong with it hun. If you're anything like I was when I started out you will have had everyone and his dog offering you samples etc. but the best (obviously in true salon geek style, IN MY OPINION) is tantrick. If I could be a cheerleader for them I would, not getting paid by them, am not a trainer, just a consumer, and I think they are great !! xx

Latest posts

Back