Tantruth reviews

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to working in the beauty industry and just recently completed my Tantruth spray tanning and tan application course. I'm in the process of purchasing my own kit and tanning solution, the problem is I'm not 100% sure which solution to purchase. I've read lots of the reviews on here for Novatan, Suntana, Sienna X, etc however I can't seem to find any reviews of the Tantruth solution. Is there anyone who has had experience (good or bad!) with the spray tan? It seemed to work well on my skin tone (olive skin) and the colour looked very natural however I'm concerned about using it on paler skin (I used the 9%). Your comments on the product would be great. Many thanks in advance :)

Hey, I trained with tantruth too but have to say i honestly hated the tanning solution :( for me (and I am very pale naturally) the darker the solution the more orange I was. The fade of was terrible, I looked like I was rusting! The tan also stuck around for two weeks so you can imagine how bad and patchy I started to look, tried touching it up the mouse but you could see the old rusted tan underneath. Awful, no wonder the solution was so cheap! Also I didn't think much if the gun the trainer was recommending... It fell apart 3times during training :/

I ordered my kit from OMG, it was at a great price and OMG was recommended to me by clients I lash. Came with the Ts50 gun which is great! I do love omg but probably not the best out there. Nouvatan and sienna x seem to be amongst the best buys to go for. I'm about to order samples from tantrix ( really popular in my area for tans, people seem to rave about it!)

Do you know anyone personally who has had regular spray tans? Getting reviews from friends/customers/potential customers is sometimes good as you hear their opinions.

:) x

Hi,

Thank you for your comments. It's always good to hear other people's experiences.

I've asked a few friends/relatives about which tanning they use. They all say companies like Sienna X, Fake Bake, etc. The thing is I wanted to offer something that was a little different as around here everyone uses Sienna X!!!

It's interesting you mention the fade off & how the tan was on your paler skin. I did worry that all of us being trained were tanned with 9% when some of the girls were very pale & I have an olive skin tone! I understand the DHA reacts with your skin but still I was sceptical as to how dark each of us would go.

Do you have any experience with Suntana as I've read a lot of good reviews about it on here? I think I probably need to get samples of the ones you suggested too & make a decision after that.

Thank you again for your comments :)

[email protected] 💅

Hi there
I trained with tantruth in 2012 and bought their pro. 85 machine
I've not looked back
Only use tantruth solution and have had fab feedback from clients most of mine used the more popular solutions siennax, fake bake etc and have all said they prefer this as its not orange smells better than other solutions looks natural etc. in fact I've just been to where I work and been asked where I've been my reply costs del bottle but great to think they think you've been abroad x

We used tantruth when training & tbh it looked awful on me. The lightest shade was used as I'm a pale person lol but still was a bit orange. I now use nouvatan & have a lot of pale clients who love it:) xx

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Don't know about tan truth was going to look into stocking it as it has just been re branded. Think I might try it on myself first, I stock Lauren's way at the moment ( Lauren goodger the only way is Essex) I have fantastic results, my clients love it colour is brill and no patchy fade off or nasty tan smell. Hope this helps xx

Thank you for all your feedback x

Kaz 💅

I trained with tan truth and hated it, felt orange and the fade off was terrible. I then changed to Suntana and loved the colour (I like the dark option) and no orange tinge. However I started to notice how bad the fade off was, my clients were constantly asking me how to get rid of the patches. However it did last for 10 days on most people. Had I got to grips dealing with the fade off I would have stayed with Suntana. After trying every solution possible I went with
Nouvatan and haven't looked back! Great natural colour, and fab fade off. And great customer service too x

I thought about Suntana but haven't ordered any yet. having said that my Nouvatan samples have just arrived! Will trial them. Also has anyone used Fresh Indulgence??? X

Kaz 💅

Latest posts

Back