Tape hair extension removal

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wawahair

Reaction score
Hello,

So I am not having fun removing tape extensions. I get them out of the hair fine but removing the glue from the extension to refit is taking ages! The glue is so sticky and not coming off in one piece. My hands are covered and I can’t get the glue off my hands sticking to everything.

Any advice on removers would be a great help as it’s putting me off offering this methods as it’s so quick to fit but taking ages to remove and refit.

I think C-22 does this as-well. Very oily & almost hurts the hands. Would love to find a great tape remover that takes them out & the glue too.

So annoying lovely and quick to fit but removing is just putting me off offering this method it’s so messy and time consuming. X

Yes I agree it can be a pain at times!C-22 or pure Alcohol is what I normally use and it works wonders x

I seen a video on YouTube
Use high strength tin foil and rub the sticky side with pressure on it. It will come off in one go and then ready to re tape.
It was that blonde girl Mandie on YouTube

A lot of people are turning to acetone to remove the tape off the extensions as it is less sticky.

I use acetone, i pull back the edges of the tape slightly with my tail comb and spray the acetone in... after a few seconds it slides out. Buy a little spray bottle for the acetone

Latest posts

Back