Tape in hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FamusLady

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I am qualified in fitting various hair extensions and want to learn a new system. Ive bee thinking about Tape in hair extensions and just wondered if anyone else does it. If so do you get much requests for it, and what your opinion on it? Also do you know who does training for it? Im based in East midlands but am willing to travel a bit for the training. Please help me if you can

Thank you

I have just trained in skin weft tape hair, personally I love it, it's discreet, easy and quick to apply and looks really natural. My only issue is that I have to persuade clients to get it, I just want to do tapes now because of how quick it is! x

Very quick and perfect for bridal hair or a one off fitting personally I find the refitting a faff as they can become quite sticky etc. I've worn them myself ages ago and loved them but I could remove and refit at my leisure. If anyone has any thoughts about maintenance I'd love to hear your thoughts ;-)

Can't be any more fiddly than nano rings having to remove a full head and refit! With the super strength tape they can last up to 8 weeks so it's just a case of removing and refitting but it's only like 25-35 wefts in the head anyway so going to be much quicker anyway :)

Can't be any more fiddly than nano rings having to remove a full head and refit! With the super strength tape they can last up to 8 weeks so it's just a case of removing and refitting but it's only like 25-35 wefts in the head anyway so going to be much quicker anyway :)

Nano rings full head can be removed in half an hour? They take 2 1/2 hours to fit approximately 200 strands. Nano rings are the easiest strand method I reckon ;-)

Nano rings full head can be removed in half an hour? They take 2 1/2 hours to fit approximately 200 strands. Nano rings are the easiest strand method I reckon ;-)

Not with sausage fingers!

Haha sausage fingers, I don't have the patience for nano rings now, also in my experience they only suit people with medium/thick hair. Tapes basically suit any hair type! x

Haha sausage fingers, I don't have the patience for nano rings now, also in my experience they only suit people with medium/thick hair. Tapes basically suit any hair type! x[/QUOTE

Tapes are lush

I have just trained in skin weft tape hair, personally I love it, it's discreet, easy and quick to apply and looks really natural. My only issue is that I have to persuade clients to get it, I just want to do tapes now because of how quick it is! x

Who did you train with thanks

Trained with Studio58 x

Haha sausage fingers, I don't have the patience for nano rings now, also in my experience they only suit people with medium/thick hair. Tapes basically suit any hair type! x[/QUOTE

Tapes are lush

You really need to give nanos a chance. Sausage fingers are no problem. Once you get to grips with them you'll love them. They're just as easy as mini lox etc and removal is 30 minutes

Who did you train with thanks

I think training has gone mad... Can't believe that with all methods that are identical in procedure you have to train separately in each one. My training for tape hair, which I did 5 years ago, the whole thing lasted 20 minutes.. Complete and utter waste of time, money and petrol

Thank you Ladies

Do you find you have to offer people it because it isn't as known as the other systems? I haven't had anyone asking for it, but would like to start getting it out there!

I just need to find some training first. If anyone has any info please let me know x

Thank you Ladies

Do you find you have to offer people it because it isn't as known as the other systems? I haven't had anyone asking for it, but would like to start getting it out there!

I just need to find some training first. If anyone has any info please let me know x

It's been available for years, but only in the past few years have uk suppliers started to sell it. When I did my training it was the newest quick fix method and that was 5 years ago.

I don't fit so many these days as most people want more value for money and as little maintenance as possible

Where does Studio 58 do training. Im in the midlands but can't find anyone atm

They offer training in B'ham on the Hagley road.

Tape hair extensions have become the number one method of attaching hair extensions in salon or at home, they are both easy to use.

Tape hair extensions have become the number one method of attaching hair extensions in salon or at home, they are both easy to use.

Number 1? Do you live in the UK? There are limited suppliers in the UK so I'm pretty sure if it was number 1 here every supplier would stock them and be a fool not to ?

Hi,
I am new to Salon Geek. Please PM me for information about training and where to get Virgin Indian Remy and Russian Pre-taped extensions in the UK. Thank you
Simon

Hi,
I am new to Salon Geek. Please PM me for information about training and where to get Virgin Indian Remy and Russian Pre-taped extensions in the UK. Thank you
Simon

Hi simon, if you look around the site there is all the info there to answer your questions or perhaps post specific questions so that you will get a response.

Latest posts

Back