Tape-ins vs nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MinxyKitten

Reaction score
Are tape extensions better than nano rings bonds (in terms of for the health of the natural hair and also coverage/comfort)? Are they also easier to install and remove? Are they any more expensive than nano bonds? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

Are tape extensions better than nano rings bonds (in terms of for the health of the natural hair and also coverage/comfort)? Are they also easier to install and remove? Are they any more expensive than nano bonds? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks
I personally think tapes are safer, but I also think the majority of damage to natural hair is down to poor application and/or aftercare. All hair extensions should be comfortable, if they're not, there's a problem with the application. Tapes are definitely quicker to remove/reapply but the maintenance is more frequent, so it's swings and roundabouts. I think the cost of the hair is about the same. I like the coverage you get with tapes, and I hate how big the bonds are on nanos.

Just my opinion :)

I personally prefer nanos, because they’re small, and adhesive based extensions a) don’t last well with my naturally greasy root hair and b) also, I never feel my hair is as clean, as I can feel stickiness etc, if I touch around the tape x

I personally prefer nanos, because they’re small, and adhesive based extensions a) don’t last well with my naturally greasy root hair and b) also, I never feel my hair is as clean, as I can feel stickiness etc, if I touch around the tape x
I know what you mean about stickiness with greasy hair :eek:, and I do hate that my oily haired clients have to wash their hair everyday but in fairness, they would anyway to make their natural hair look presentable. I worry that nano's are too heavy for the tiny amount of hair that's used to support the extension. I was trained that the section size should be similar to the size of the extension being attached, which just isn't possible with nano's. Do you do any other type of hair extensions? I don't do nano's and was just wondering how the clients natural hair health compares?

I prefer nanos x

Thanks all. I too worry about the stress on the tiny amount of hair with a nano ring. I can't see how we can use the same size section as there's no way it will go through the ring. But nano are so much more discrete than micros.

I thought tapes may be lighter on the roots, but hadn't thought about the down side of the adhesive.

Think I'll get some practice in with getting bigger sections through the nanos!! Anyone have any tips on that?!

Thanks all. I too worry about the stress on the tiny amount of hair with a nano ring. I can't see how we can use the same size section as there's no way it will go through the ring. But nano are so much more discrete than micros.

I thought tapes may be lighter on the roots, but hadn't thought about the down side of the adhesive.

Think I'll get some practice in with getting bigger sections through the nanos!! Anyone have any tips on that?!
Its easier to do a deeper square shape, than a rectangle if that makes sense, so try that? And get a good quality loop tool - you can get nano ring specific ones x

Its easier to do a deeper square shape, than a rectangle if that makes sense, so try that? And get a good quality loop tool - you can get nano ring specific ones x
They just don't sit right with me. I don't see how such a tiny amount of the clients hair can hold extensions that are at least 4 times the size of the section. Do you do other methods too? Just wondering how they compare? Do you see any difference in the clients own hair?

Last edited:
I prefer nanos to tape in purely because of the stickiness of the tapes when removing and residue glue left in the clients hair, I find it messy and long winded getting the tapes cleaned to then reapply the tabs. Imo

I think nanos but it’s not for hairdressers

Latest posts

Back