Tape maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Hi guys
I’m after some advise on tape maintenance, iv been doing extensions for a few years but recently been trying tapes over the past few months and I’m finding the maintenance more agg than it’s worth!
Can I ask everyone what there process is for removal and refit?
So once I’ve removed the tapes I’m sending my client away and asking them to return the next day for the fitting, that way the client can wash there hair as it has c22 remover in the hair and then I’m washing the tapes, removing all the old glue, drying them and then re taping., this seems very long winded does any one do it different to this ??
Could I also ask what everyone charges for a tape maintenance ? Im currently charging £70 for removal and refit.

Thanks jo x

Hi guys
I’m after some advise on tape maintenance, iv been doing extensions for a few years but recently been trying tapes over the past few months and I’m finding the maintenance more agg than it’s worth!
Can I ask everyone what there process is for removal and refit?
So once I’ve removed the tapes I’m sending my client away and asking them to return the next day for the fitting, that way the client can wash there hair as it has c22 remover in the hair and then I’m washing the tapes, removing all the old glue, drying them and then re taping., this seems very long winded does any one do it different to this ??
Could I also ask what everyone charges for a tape maintenance ? Im currently charging £70 for removal and refit.

Thanks jo x
Hi Jo,

I'm finding it the same. I was doing it in 1 sitting but now do removal and then ask client to come back to refit. I am charging 1/2 of the original fitting price as with 125g, to remove, clean tapes, retape and then fit again it is like 3 hours. As much as I love the quick fitting, the refit is starting to grind on me!

X

Hi Jo,

I'm finding it the same. I was doing it in 1 sitting but now do removal and then ask client to come back to refit. I am charging 1/2 of the original fitting price as with 125g, to remove, clean tapes, retape and then fit again it is like 3 hours. As much as I love the quick fitting, the refit is starting to grind on me!

X

I’m glad it’s not just me then !! [emoji23]‍♀️
Thanks for your reply ! X

Latest posts

Back