Tape maintenance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isabella9811

Reaction score
So im sure thos has been asked before.

But when i apply a full head of tapes, i cut them shape them with layers and chop in to them a bit to soften them up.

But when they return how do you all perform the maintenance as organised as possible?

Especially with the front layers around the face so you dont end up loosing the cut ? Or should i just calculate 1 pack of fresh hair in each maintenance ?

I used to sandwich them back together and number them on the underneath ready for 2nd appointment but it was so much hassle and time consuming. I now make sure the client comes with clean hair and do it all in one sitting. Use a non oily remover (Isopropyl alcohol spray) take tape out, remove any residue on the hair with the alcohol and then I use a towel to help the old tape off of the extension. I also keep spraying my fingers with the alcohol as helps battle the sticky, then I retape and put it back in a slightly different section, one at a time and work my way around the head. Hope this helps x

I used to sandwich them back together and number them on the underneath ready for 2nd appointment but it was so much hassle and time consuming. I now make sure the client comes with clean hair and do it all in one sitting. Use a non oily remover (Isopropyl alcohol spray) take tape out, remove any residue on the hair with the alcohol and then I use a towel to help the old tape off of the extension. I also keep spraying my fingers with the alcohol as helps battle the sticky, then I retape and put it back in a slightly different section, one at a time and work my way around the head. Hope this helps x
Helps alot, but my God this method sounds really annoying to maintain hahaha but thank you for ur help.

If anyone has any more advice how you do it differently?

Latest posts

Back