Tapping - thought field therapy

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hippy-chick

Reaction score
I accompanied a friend to a conference in London over the weekend as she was a guest speaker.
She was petrified, and the organiser came over and did some TFT - tapping with her.

She went from a stress level of 8/10 to 2/10, so the organiser ran through the sequence again until her stress level was 0/10. My friend went on to do a blinder of a talk.

I've seen the organiser do this before on a course I was on in September for one of the student's who is petrified of spiders. And again got good results.

If anyone watched the Paul McKenna programmes, you would have seen him doing this too.

What is so powerful about this treatment is that you get instant results, but you can teach the client the sequence and they can also do it themselves to help them through the stressful situation.

Although I have witnessed it twice in the past 3 months with fabulous and instant results, I haven't experienced it myself.

Apparently you tap on major meridian lines.

Has anyone received this tapping or has studied it?

I'll sort out a link with pics.

btw their is something similar called EFT, emotional freedom therapy. Apparently the TFT came first, the EFT was a student who devised a slightly different protocol of using the tapping sequence and added affirmations to it.

I tentatively and somewhat half-heartedly tried the Paul McKenna diet a couple of years ago which included the tapping thing and to be honest it didn't work for me. But that might just have been because I wasn't doing it correctly or enthusiastically enough.

Would love to hear some other stories about it though.

Is it something you teach?

no, but thinking of learning it as it is so powerful.

think you tap in 12 places (12 main meridian points). but for treatment in some cases you don't have to do all 12, as in EFT you have to do all 12.

I did a Google on this and its very interesting, will be doing more research as I have a phobia of needles and could not have accupuncture but this might work as an alternative.

Thanks for posting the thread.

Trish :hug:

My manager used TFT t give up her addiction to chocolate and it certainly worked for her. It was her dentist who had trained in it and offered it.
Maron X

I used EFT during a very streeful period and I'm not so sure it worked. I like to keep an open mind though so I can't say for sure that it didn't as I was trying several different things to help at the time.

I accompanied a friend to a conference in London over the weekend as she was a guest speaker.
She was petrified, and the organiser came over and did some TFT - tapping with her.

She went from a stress level of 8/10 to 2/10, so the organiser ran through the sequence again until her stress level was 0/10. My friend went on to do a blinder of a talk.

I've seen the organiser do this before on a course I was on in September for one of the student's who is petrified of spiders. And again got good results.

If anyone watched the Paul McKenna programmes, you would have seen him doing this too.

What is so powerful about this treatment is that you get instant results, but you can teach the client the sequence and they can also do it themselves to help them through the stressful situation.

Although I have witnessed it twice in the past 3 months with fabulous and instant results, I haven't experienced it myself.

Apparently you tap on major meridian lines.

Has anyone received this tapping or has studied it?

I'll sort out a link with pics.

btw their is something similar called EFT, emotional freedom therapy. Apparently the TFT came first, the EFT was a student who devised a slightly different protocol of using the tapping sequence and added affirmations to it.
What you saw used is most likely TFT (Thought Field Therapy) not EFT. You can learn more about TFT and our practitioners in England and around the world by going to: http://www.atft.org/index.html
We probably have a trainer near you who can teach you how to use TFT to benefit you and others in many wonderful ways.
Warm Regards, Your Association For Thought Field Therapy:)

yes it was def. TFT and was told that EFT is a student of TFT who devised their own routine. I would rather learn TFT as it is the original.

Will def. look at your site, thanks for the link.

I know we are a year or so down the line since this thread was started but I just wanted to let members know that I am an EFT Practitioner and if anyone wants any pointers or advice, just yell!:)

Hmmmm, sorry to put a bit of a negative slant on this, but do stress this is only my own personal experience of TFT, so no dissrespect to any practitioners out there ok. But I went for a couple of sessions of TFT to try to boost my confidence, and yes she started to ask me what my stress levels were at the start, and I said 8/10. Then we went on to do the tapping thingy, and over and over we went with it, time and time again, each time she asks me what my stess levels were, expecting them to be lower. But to be honest I felt absolutely no different at all, just a bit daft at doing all this tapping stuff here there and everywhere.

Anyway, in the end, just so that I could get out of the place, I told her my stess levels had gone down to 2/10 ! (this was after 45 mins of tapping). In reality I felt no different at all. So maybe it is me, probably is, I dunno. But all I know is I did 2 sessions at £35 each session, and felt no different. Complete waste of time for me really.

Now Im sure that there are many many people who have benefited from this therapy, and Im happy for them. And I certainly AM NOT saying TFT practitioners are no good, quite the contary really, Im sure that they are. But it just did not work for me, not one bit. Maybe its like Hypnotism, it works for some but not for others. By nature I am a very straight forward down to earth kind of person, no nonesense etc, so maybe that is why it did not work for me, who knows.

A "bad" experience where you don't feel any benefit from the therapy is usually down to the skill of the therapist.

For example, I have been treating someone with EFT who has chronic bulimina and she has improved drastically. She has previously seen an EFT practitioner and in her words "you don't do it the same... I like your way better".

As with any therapy or treatment if you have a good rapport with your client it lays those important foundations.