tasks for work experience girls?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lizzie27

Reaction score
have any salon owners ever taken on girls form college to do their work experience?
if so have you come up with any enjoyable, tasks, passtimes or chores which keep them occupied, but doesnt make them feel like an unpaid skivvy lol
any ideas welcome xx

I had a girl who was NVQ2 working toward NVQ3 beauty therapy as work experience and after giving her a trade test, she did waxing and tinting in the salon.....other than that it was just mainly reception duties and cleaning.....regular salon junior stuff!

painting polish samples
coming up with new nail art designs
mixing custom blends of powders
testing polishes and slinging out the gloopy ones
thinning tips
cutting foils for soak offs

i'll see if i can think of anything else to add.

thnx guys for your replys!!!
love hear more!
xx

So far i have had 2 girls come to do their work experience,
the first one, almost at the end of her NVQ3 was a nightmare and made it quite clear she didn't want to be there so i sent her packing on her second day (i don't suffer fools gladly)
the second was a star, mid way through her NVQ2 and was so interested she made the week fun, i did trade tests with her to see what she was capable and confident to do, she was great at waxing and did half ok at mini manicures and mini pedicures so that is what she did for the week and to thank her i gave her some nail art to her toe nails and did some 3d work on her finger nails,
we both enjoyed the week,
i don't give them cleaning duties as they are there to learn and improve their skills,
and i would only go over it all again anyway :lol:

So far i have had 2 girls come to do their work experience,
the first one, almost at the end of her NVQ3 was a nightmare and made it quite clear she didn't want to be there so i sent her packing on her second day (i don't suffer fools gladly)
the second was a star, mid way through her NVQ2 and was so interested she made the week fun, i did trade tests with her to see what she was capable and confident to do, she was great at waxing and did half ok at mini manicures and mini pedicures so that is what she did for the week and to thank her i gave her some nail art to her toe nails and did some 3d work on her finger nails,
we both enjoyed the week,
i don't give them cleaning duties as they are there to learn and improve their skills,
and i would only go over it all again anyway :lol:

thnx for all your replys,
i too had one girl that was lazy, uninthusiastic and moany.
but she called in sick then never came back....

on the other hand i have a lovely more mature girl, who is very enthusiastic, so i have done some trade testers with her and she has started helping out properly in the salon.

fingers crossed she could become an employee, much better than interviewing, where you hardly know the girls that want to work for you!
lol xxxx

Latest posts

Back