Tassimo drinks machine - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFBS

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm just thinking about getting a Tassimo drinks machine for clients so if anyone has any advice, particularly about the different models I'd love to hear your thoughts?

I don't do many drinks, just mani & pedi clients really, so do clients like these pod drinks or not?
Or should I just stick to making the drinks by hand with a kettle!

Thanks!

I have one at home that I use daily and a cupboard full of pods. Lots of flavours and strengths. It definitely tastes much better than instant coffee but obviously isn't as tasty as a barista freshly ground coffee. I live a few miles outside of a town so it's a good compromise. My clients enjoy them (and so did the builders!).

You can buy the pods from tassimo online (and stock up when they email their 20% discount codes about every couple of months or so) or from Amazon, who have more flavours available. Other places sell the pods, but these are the best offers for me as I'm not in the UK.

You can only use the tassimo pods and there are limited recycling options for them. (Feel v. guilty about wastage.)

Lidl and Aldi have their own brand version of the nespresso machine which looks like good value. You can certainly buy the nespresso type pods from a lot more places and they're probably cheaper per cup.

You still have to fill them with water and let it heat up don't you??? Just as easy to boil a kettle and no recycling issues

You still have to fill them with water and let it heat up don't you??? Just as easy to boil a kettle and no recycling issues
It's instant. Some sort of wizardry. You don't have to wait for it to warm up. You could literally fill it with cold water and get a hot drink straight away.

I love my tassimo but I'd find it expensive to use in a salon

It's instant. Some sort of wizardry. You don't have to wait for it to warm up. You could literally fill it with cold water and get a hot drink straight away.

Sounds a bit like that wireless charging - I reckon that's black magic too :p:confused:

I still can't get past the recycling thing :confused:

I have one and find it good except the fact that you can only use there own cartridges. Other Coffee machines allow you use Supermarket own brand as well. The other thing I find with them are the cartridges are quite bulky to store and I find the milk based ones have a smell to them with I do not like (like that UV milk you get on planes and trains).

You seem to see the cartridges on special offer a lot and indeed often see the machines themselves on offer in Supermarkets.

Had our tassimo for over two years now and it's great, tastes better than the coffee and hot chocolate you make with a kettle and is quick too. I've also got one for salon now and clients appreciate things like that so it's worth it, not too expensive when you get the pods when they're on offer :)
I use my own milk tho instead of the milk cartridges because I don't think they're nice and i can't have milk anyway. I bought a black glass stand for mine with a built in drawer with slots for all the pods so storage is easy

Tassimo pods are still under patent so only they can produce them, nespresso pods are available with other companies now.

But, they do a decent coffee quickly and hot chocolate in winter.

You can buy the pods in Costco, you'll be able to claim it against tax anyway because it's for the client.

Tassimo pods are still under patent so only they can produce them, nespresso pods are available with other companies now.

But, they do a decent coffee quickly and hot chocolate in winter.

You can buy the pods in Costco, you'll be able to claim it against tax anyway because it's for the client.
Did you find Costco much cheaper? I looked there a while ago but didn't find much difference to the offers in the supermarkets at the time.
I used to drink instant coffee throughout the day and now I have one or two first thing but I agree if it was for clients the recycling and cost (for me) would be an issue.

Sometimes they do offers on the lattes, which is the poorest value & probably one of the most popular.

Bean to cup works out cheapest at cost per cup but it's a high initial outlay. I use Aldi espresso beans & I really like them.

I can't remember if it's currys or ao.com who do a £100 bean to cup.

Sounds a bit like that wireless charging - I reckon that's black magic too :p:confused:

I still can't get past the recycling thing :confused:
You can recycle all the pods. Keurig and tassimo are plastic so you can pop them in the recycling bin. My nespresso I have a bag and fill it. Once full (or even before that, it's up to you), you can return it to any nespresso store for recycling. They have had a recycling program at nespresso for a few years now.

You can recycle all the pods. Keurig and tassimo are plastic so you can pop them in the recycling bin. My nespresso I have a bag and fill it. Once full (or even before that, it's up to you), you can return it to any nespresso store for recycling. They have had a recycling program at nespresso for a few years now.

I can't easily recycle the tassimo pods here in Ireland as you mustn't put food waste in the recycling bins and the coffee grounds count as food waste. :(

I have a lavazza machine at work and everyone comments of how nice they are. I got the machine that comes with a separate milk frother. I got mine from Lakeland, they sell the pods in Tesco.

I can't easily recycle the tassimo pods here in Ireland as you mustn't put food waste in the recycling bins and the coffee grounds count as food waste. :(
Im not sure about the tassimo but the Keurig you have to open them and clean them. It's a pain, I do admit it. I prefer the nespresso, pop the pod in the bag and bring it in whenever I'm near the store. No cleaning lol

Latest posts

Back