Tattoos on cruise ships..

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil lisa

Reaction score
I am keen to apply for a job on a cruise ship, through Steiner. My concern is I have quite a large tattoo above my ankle. Does anybody know if they have any rules regarding tattoos or what the dresscode is? Obviously if I can wear trousers then it won't be an issue. Thanks :biggrin:

I am keen to apply for a job on a cruise ship, through Steiner. My concern is I have quite a large tattoo above my ankle. Does anybody know if they have any rules regarding tattoos or what the dresscode is? Obviously if I can wear trousers then it won't be an issue. Thanks :biggrin:

If you have to wear skirts I'm sure you will be able to wear opaque tights , x good luck :)

If you have to wear skirts I'm sure you will be able to wear opaque tights , x good luck :)
I think that tattoo might be better than opaque tights....

I have just been sucsessful at landing myself a job with steiner, I have a tattoo on my foot I sent them a picture its fine just have to keep it covered with plaster or full shoe. go for it

When I went for my training for the ships they say as long as the tattoo can be hidden it's fine. You have to wear flesh coloured tights anyway for training and alot of the ship uniforms have long trousers anyway do you shouldn't see it x

Ah that's good then, thanks guys! :biggrin:

hi I am also going to apply for beauty therapist job with steiner. I have a small star tattoo on my wrist, does anyone know if they will just reject me straight away?

hi I am also going to apply for beauty therapist job with steiner. I have a small star tattoo on my wrist, does anyone know if they will just reject me straight away?

If it's very small I dont think it would be a problem. Try and cover it up with full coverage make up for the interview, but still tell them you have it but it can easily be covered up. I think if you walked in with a sleeve of them then they'd say no! Lol

lol thanks, hopefully it will be ok, il try cover it as best I can for the interview anyway!

Just incase anyone is interested, you can have tattoos removed if it is really a problem. My friends doing it. Very expensive of course. She has had 8 treatments at £30 a time, and they are nearly gone.x

I am also loking into tattoo removal but for personal reasons rather than employment. I doubt that any employer would require removal of tattoos provided they are discreetly placed and can be hidden/covered during work. In today's society, a high number of people have got tattoo's - I doubt they will want you to have Marilyn Manson tattooed on your forearm though ;)

As long as they are not on show...then I think you will be fine.

When I was working as a waitress, they made a girl cover up the tattoo on her wrist with a bright blue plaster!! Hideous! lol.

I'm sure you'l be fine...just thought I'd mention the option of the removal incase you stumble across petty employers.x

There are no doubt petty ones out there hun indeed :D I am fortunate that most of my artwork is under my clothes ( thankfully as I have 1 half of my rib cage done lol ) but my wrist, ankle and calf are only small pieces so can be hidden with camo make up and flesh toned plasters if need be :D xx

There are no doubt petty ones out there hun indeed :D I am fortunate that most of my artwork is under my clothes ( thankfully as I have 1 half of my rib cage done lol ) but my wrist, ankle and calf are only small pieces so can be hidden with camo make up and flesh toned plasters if need be :D xx

where do you get the camo make up? is it good?!

Not all ships have the same uniforms, I do think most of them have trousers but one of my friends had shorts and t shirt as hers lol! She was on a carnival ship! My other friend had a tattoo on her foot, it was quite small right enough and could obviously be covered by a shoe. She does have another tattoo but I can't for the life of me think where it is! Just tell then and as long as it can be covered I dont think there will be an issue! Good luck!

Latest posts

Back