Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylieb

Reaction score
Do any of you Beauty Therapists have tattoos?

I'm asking because I really want a pretty little pattern on my foot. Don't care about the pain but i'm worried that 1. what if I go for a job interview and the see it? Do employers really hate them. At college people had to cover them with plasters and we were told 'YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED THEM IN INDUSTRY!!!'
2.What if i don't like it and it's done wonky and I have to stare at it for the rest of my life?
I am a nightmare perfectionist to the point where it affects my life and looking at things out of line drives me :mad: (my builder hates me :lol:)

Any experiences you would like to share? I would be grateful xxx

I have 10.....incuding a 14 hour piece that pretty much covers most of my back, one behind my ear and a fair few on my arms, inner arms, tops of arm wrist etc, I also have 2 facial piercings.....I think its high time tattoos were accepted in all workplaces, its art, beauty self expression, just like colouring your hair and wearing outrageous make up.....(admittedly tattoos are there for life tho) I love my tattoos and they certainly havent held me back at all

Attachments

• sg1.jpg
    sg1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 95
  • sg3.jpg
    sg3.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 88
  • sg2.jpg
    sg2.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 109
  • sg4.jpg
    sg4.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 89
  • sg5.jpg
    sg5.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 99
Oooh just remembere my latest one!!

Attachments

• aabtatbigger.jpg
    aabtatbigger.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 99
WOW they are amazing!! I love the one on your back. Did you design them yourself? xxx

Hi Kylie,

I have 4 tattoo's, one is half removed (done years ago when drunk!!) 2 can only be seen when naked or in bikini and one on my inner wrist so when doing my treatments my wrist is always shown as my tunic is short sleeved. I don't think tattoos carry the stigma they used to as Tonilee says they are now considered artistic and I think are fairly common (not in a rough way as in lots of people of all ages have them). I am planning another one on my hand and my job will not stop that as it will not stop me providing the service the client has booked.

Good luck and go for it.
(p.s take your time to pick what you are 100% happy with and go sober unlike me 18yrs ago!!! lol ) Hx

Love ya tats ToniLee

Hi Kylie,

I have 4 tattoo's, one is half removed (done years ago when drunk!!) 2 can only be seen when naked or in bikini and one on my inner wrist so when doing my treatments my wrist is always shown as my tunic is short sleeved. I don't think tattoos carry the stigma they used to as Tonilee says they are now considered artistic and I think are fairly common (not in a rough way as in lots of people of all ages have them). I am planning another one on my hand and my job will not stop that as it will not stop me providing the service the client has booked.

Good luck and go for it.
(p.s take your time to pick what you are 100% happy with and go sober unlike me 18yrs ago!!! lol ) Hx

Ah thanks for that fab advice hun. How do you choose them and where? can i get someone to design me one that only i will have? Sorry...i really haven't got any so really havent got a clue :irked: xxx

ok i cant get them all up at once so i will have to do 1 at a time sorry

sorry i seen tattoo and i got way cool out i have 32 but they are all hiden

Hiya wild , how are you ? how is your hunni now ? hope he's better now
your tattos are really good , very well done I love tatts when they are done well :hug:

I have several tattoos with 1 each on both wrists which I had done before I decided to train in the beauty industry. In reflection although I do like all my tattoos I do wish that I didnt have them on my wrists as I know for a fact that a lot of prospective employers will no doubt decide that they are not the image that they would like portraying in their salon.

My advice is if you really want a visible tattoo think long and hard because there is no going back (obviously). Unless you intend to work for yourself, I think its hard to determine or ascertain whether or not tattoos have "held you back" (as mentioned in an earlier reply) because ultimately you don't know what people are thinking (both clients and prospective employers).

As stupid as it may seem to me and you (especially as I personally love tattoos) I think it will put a lot of people off even in todays day and age even though tattoos are more the norm and acceptable. Believe me I dont think that people being put off by tattoos is right I just think that it will be a fact for some people especially employers. Just my opinion though!

hope that helps

anne xx

Last edited:
ive got 7 tattoos ive just had half a sleeve done, a cover up with japanese flowers and waves in the background, its gorgeous once you get one thats it your hooked. x

I have 2 on my back which cover the lower half of my back. Will put a pic on when i can find it.
One of my beauticians has about 7. My old hairdresser had about five. One of my nail techs has about 4 or 5 and my sister who is my current hairdresser has one on her back.
Must say though that 2 of my staff want theirs removed!
That's why i had mine in a place that couldn't obviously be seen :)

I've got a tatoo on my foot, it didn't hurt at all getting it done, (infact I chose a simple design as I was so worried about the pain and wish I'd chosen something more intricate after!). It's never held me back, infact I get alot of positve comments about it....the one on my back that I got when I was seventeen...well thats another story!!!:irked::rolleyes:

Hi hunni! I've got 2, a butterfly on my ankle and a design on my left inner wrist which is quite big, and yes, clients can see it. However i never get a negative response, most people comment on how lovely it is.Got them both done during last 12 mths, must be my age as i'm 37 and always wanted one. Once you've had one done properly you always want another! Make sure you go to a reputable tattoo parlour and get help with your design to make sure it's what you want for life! Go for it!:)

Hi I have two tatoo's one on my stomach and one at the bottom of my back. So both are hidden well.
As to what you said about it being wonky, you really need to go to someone who designs there own or you give them an idea and they draw it for you, a real artist, then they put a stensil of it on your foot for you so you can decide if it's where you want it. So you dont have to worry about that.
But you do really have to think hard so you dont regret it. I personally still love mine.:):)

I have 10.....incuding a 14 hour piece that pretty much covers most of my back, one behind my ear and a fair few on my arms, inner arms, tops of arm wrist etc, I also have 2 facial piercings.....I think its high time tattoos were accepted in all workplaces, its art, beauty self expression, just like colouring your hair and wearing outrageous make up.....(admittedly tattoos are there for life tho) I love my tattoos and they certainly havent held me back at all

Love your tats tonilee and very well said. I am married to a tattooist and have my back covered, 1 on my wrist, 1 on my hand, both thighs covered and my newest one is stars on my face in the style of Kat Von Dee (LA Ink), my tutor at college told me that it would not "fit in" in the beauty industry, but I think that these days body modification is more acceptable and i'd never let anything stop me doing what I wanted.

One thing you might want to try is to get a temporary tattoo of your chosen design done first (e.g. using Temptu tattoo inks that last about 5 days if looked after well) to see how you like the look of it on your skin; that would also give you a chance to ask people what they thought of it too before committing yourself to having it permanently inked on your body. Also possibly a henna tattoo too, but make sure you find a reputable artist who uses natural henna; there was another horror story on Watchdog this week about severe allergic reactions and scarring from an unscrupulous henna artist who had used PPD (para phenylenediamine) in their henna mix. Also bear in mind that with henna, you are limited to a brown/red colour whereas Temptu do a range of inks in lots of different colours (although henna will last a lot longer on the skin)...
Posted via Mobile Device

Latest posts

Back