Teaching basic massage

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leigh Wallace

Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know if you need a qualification to teach basic uncertified massage techniques?

I'm fully qualified in Swedish, Aroma, Reflexology and Reiki. I'd like to run small group classes where a group of 6 are split into 3 on the bed and the other 3 giving basic massage. Then swap over.

I wouldn't be giving any qualifications or certs at the end. It's purely for fun/relaxation. But I need to make sure I'd be covered by insurance. I've got 2 insurance companies telling me different things.

Has anyone done similar? TIA x

If an insurance company will insure you, then you can.

My insurance company will insure me to teach non certified courses and refreshers.

Vic x

Thanks Vic, what insurance company are you with? The one I originally spoke to who said it should be ok have now given me different information after speaking to a different member of staff.

I've been told I need a recognised teaching qualification which I've priced up between £350-£500. Bit more than I hoped considering its just something I'm going to offer for fun and not going to be a big earner.

Thanks, Leigh x

If an insurance company will insure you, then you can.

My insurance company will insure me to teach non certified courses and refreshers.

Vic x

Aah! That may be the difference - I have a teaching certificate. Sorry. and I’m with babtac x

Ah ok, thanks anyway xx

Latest posts

Back