Teaching hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbs

Love your hair by jo
Reaction score
Guys please can someone advise me on exactly what’s involved in becoming a trainer in hair extensions! so my understanding is to become an accredited trainer I need to be certified by Someone as such as Habia or city and guilds ect however is that just if I want to give a recognised qualification !? If the student is already qualified in hairdressing and has insurance does this not also cover it as long as they have advised there insurance company there also carrying out hair extensions ? I spoke to Habia and they advised it’s down to the student to have there own insurance it’s just means the certificate I give them isn’t technically worth anything as it’s not certified... does anyone else understand it that way or is that completely wrong ! [emoji85]

1. You need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in order to be insured as a trainer. Its called AET and was previously known as PTLLS.

2. Your courses need to be accredited so that you can obtain insurance to train.

3. Accreditation can be supplied by specific insurance companies who will set their own criteria for compliance.
For example: https://www.abtinsurance.co.uk/accreditation.jsp
There are other insurance companies that offer accreditation too. Try using google for more info.

4. Your students need to complete an accredited course so that they can obtain insurance to carry out the service.
Even if they hold a level 3 hairdressing qualification, they won’t be covered to offer hair extensions unless it was included as an assessed unit on their level 3 course. Therefore, they need to complete an accredited course in order to obtain the necessary insurance.

Hope this helps?

1. You need to hold a recognised teaching qualification in order to be insured as a trainer. Its called AET and was previously known as PTLLS.

2. Your courses need to be accredited so that you can obtain insurance to train.

3. Accreditation can be supplied by specific insurance companies who will set their own criteria for compliance.
For example: https://www.abtinsurance.co.uk/accreditation.jsp
There are other insurance companies that offer accreditation too. Try using google for more info.

4. Your students need to complete an accredited course so that they can obtain insurance to carry out the service.
Even if they hold a level 3 hairdressing qualification, they won’t be covered to offer hair extensions unless it was included as an assessed unit on their level 3 course. Therefore, they need to complete an accredited course in order to obtain the necessary insurance.

Hope this helps?

This has been really helpful.. thank you so much for your help.

Latest posts

Back