Teaching, how to go about it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oaks

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I currently own my own business doing holistic therapies . I can teach Reiki level 1, 2 and 3 as i am a Reiki Master but I would love to teach others how to do some of the other treatments i offer such as massage, facials etc. What is tje best route to go down for this? If i was to write my own courses i know i would need accreditation....and recommendations? Any advice Woukd be much appreciated xx

Hi everyone. I currently own my own business doing holistic therapies . I can teach Reiki level 1, 2 and 3 as i am a Reiki Master but I would love to teach others how to do some of the other treatments i offer such as massage, facials etc. What is tje best route to go down for this? If i was to write my own courses i know i would need accreditation....and recommendations? Any advice Woukd be much appreciated xx
You would need a teaching qual for insurance and accreditation. AET is the basic teaching qual however you may need to do the TAQA assessors award to also be able to assess your own learners. Don’t spend forever writing your own manuals as there are lots of prepopulated ones you can buy and simply add info to. If you’d like to teach to a higher level (as in schools colleges etc) you would need to do an advanced teaching qual

As above...

It depends on whether you want to teach people how to do the treatments for themselves and friends at home or whether you want to teach towards a more recognised qualification, in which case you’ll need to liaise with a professional examining body such as VTCT, City & Guilds etc.

Holistic and Alternative therapies are a slightly tricky area as they are less regulated overall so on the one hand you are free to create your own curriculum but you’ll need to work with the insurer who will be providing your course accreditation.

Thank you for this information.
You would need a teaching qual for insurance and accreditation. AET is the basic teaching qual however you may need to do the TAQA assessors award to also be able to assess your own learners. Don’t spend forever writing your own manuals as there are lots of prepopulated ones you can buy and simply add info to. If you’d like to teach to a higher level (as in schools colleges etc) you would need to do an advanced teaching qual
Thank you. Where would i find the manuals that i can buy? So once i have the teaching qual am i able to use these and get started?

Latest posts

Back