teaching qualifications

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chocolate

Reaction score
Just wondered how many of you that teach nails, have a teaching qualification? Also have any of you doing courses asked your teacher if they are qualified? I am putting together an article, would be most grateful for your info. xx

I am attending a manicure course at my college and my (beauty therapist)tutor has no formal teaching qualification, although she is attending a course to gain some teaching qualification at the same college. PM me if you need any more info :)

I think what may be even more worrying, Rachel, is people teaching nails with a teaching qualifications, but no nail experience or qualification LOL.

Yes ... I have all my qualifications plus my NVQ's plus all my Assesors and IV award!! Thanks to Jacqui Jefford making me do it many years ago!! She really bullied me into it. thnks Jac.

I don't actualy believe that any of it made me into a better TEACHER (I think that natural teaching ability is something you have or you havent got) but it did make me better organised and have a better understanding of the NVQ and how it all works and why it often doesn't!!

It is a condition of the QCA(?) that if you are teaching NVQ you must complete an assessors award within 18 months of starting to teach. If all tutors now I am sure I am correct in saying that you can only assess in your subject matter.

Hope that helps
Cathy

Hi

I am doing my assessors at the mo practical and written and when qualified to asses i can use it for anything i am qualified in either proffesionally or time served. According to my tutor.

Thats right, you have to prove your competence in whatever you are assessing.

I agree with Gigi. I found that my teaching qualifications helped me to be more organsied and have another 20 ringbinders full of "stuff"

The feedback i have got is quite worring. Lots of nail tutors, have teaching qualifications, but no nail qualifications!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Creative or any other company insist that their educators have their Unit 19 NVQ, assessing or teaching awards????/

Ta very much.xx

At creative it has always been policy that all educators have their NVQ units in nails or we ask them to get them.

We do not insist on a formal teahing qualification (tho many ambassadors have it) because WE give them Creative qualification and teach them how to teach. However the criteria we cover would get them their teaching qualification very easily if they chose to go that route.

I have both - NVQ 309 & teaching qualification.

chocolate said:
Thats right, you have to prove your competence in whatever you are assessing.

I agree with Gigi. I found that my teaching qualifications helped me to be more organsied and have another 20 ringbinders full of "stuff"

The feedback i have got is quite worring. Lots of nail tutors, have teaching qualifications, but no nail qualifications!!!!!!!!!!!

Do Creative or any other company insist that their educators have their Unit 19 NVQ, assessing or teaching awards????/

Ta very much.xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back