Teaching Quals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellasmum

Reaction score
I have a question to ask about teaching and qualifications. I have been in nails 7 years and do arylics/mani/pedi at NVQ C&G level. I am now working on Beauty thereapy level2 and hope to do level 3 holistics. I was wondering if this is enough (Plus the teaching qualification) to look into teaching Nails/beauty? Its a bit of a long shot as I have a good 2 years left of studying and am 35 years old......looking to the future really.

Any input chaps would be most appreciated. Oh and by the way ...have a bloomin nice day.....its sunny ...Yeah!! XX

If you have been doing nails/man/ped for 7 years you can look into teaching those subjects. I work with VTCT & they like you to have a least 5 years experience in the subjects you are teaching. Most professional bodies are the same.

So as for the beauty L2 your doing you would need to gain some experience before looking into teaching it. Which I think is much better, how can you teach something you have only just learnt! That's how I look at it.

Good luck I really enjoy my teaching!:)

Rachel,
where is the best place INO to start looking for info??
Thanks for your reply.
Sam

You could start by joining a company like Protocol National which offers contracted work at colleges local to you. You best bet would be to find out how your local colleges recruit new staff & if they use a company like protocol. Mine did & I started some hours with them & haven't looked back!

If they don't use a company like that & some don't. Send them your CV & see how you get on.

Or you can enrole onto a Certificate of Education at a local college (this is a teaching cert) you need teaching hours to do this & some colleges are very good at helping you find teaching hours within the department. Not sure where you stand with this I think you have to have a level 3 qualification. Ring and speak to someone at your local college they should be able to help.

You do need to be working towards or have a cert. Ed certificate now to teach I think, new goverment leg. but a college would explain all of this to you.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much

Latest posts

Back