Teaming up with Ann Summers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leesse

Reaction score
Hi all!

After reading another thread on here yesterday about thinking outside the box and writing to local businesses/schools/doctors surgeries etc offering treatments at close of business I got my brain in "go" mode and came up with this idea.

I have a friend on facebook who does Ann Summers parties and have messaged her to see if she would like to team up, i.e. offer the host of her Ann Summers party a free spray tan if she has 5 guests paying for a spray tan on the evening of the AS party ! In return, I have offered the AS rep a discount on her spray tanning also. Just waiting for her reply but was thinking of googling for their reps in my local area and contacting them to put the idea to them too. Obviously their guests will be trying on garments, so I have stated that the spray tans will be done after all clothing has been tried on etc.

Let me know what you think as its the first time I've thought of anything like this and am fairly new to spray tanning and am still trying to get my mobile business of tanning and lashes off the ground.

Thanks for reading xx

thats a really good idea! its all worth a go i think so good luck:biggrin:

It is a good idea in theory, however AS reps have clauses in their contracts saying they cannot promote, sell or offer any other good or services to AS customers. (Can't remember exact wording but words to that effect).

Some reps may be unaware of this, or even may not be bothered. I have heard rumours of reps 'combining' i.e. selling AS and Body Shop/Virgin goods etc, and have been threatend with the AS lawyers. (Have to say have only ever heard rumours).

I guess it's up to the individual rep whether they choose to go for it or not. It might be worth picking their brains anyway however, as they learn some good marketing tips in their training programmes.

good luck x

I did Ann Summers years ago and there is no way I would ever spray tan after the trying on of clothes at an Ann Summers party as 99% of the guests are completely hammered by the end of the night. You would end up with so many complaints about the tans afterwards as they just wouldn't take the care that is needed.

Obviously this is your decision and, on the face of it, it sounds good and could be very profitable for you but I really think you would have problems that you could do without my darling.

Another point would be is that we all have a limited amount of money so you may be sharing this amount between you and the Ann Summers girl rather than both of you doing well!

Sorry to be so negative.:wink2:

My friend does BlueBella which is similar to Ann Summers. We've been advertising since August that we do joint parties, she supplies games,drinks, snacks and discount of orders while I spray tan. People have showed interest but havent actually done any as of yet. It's a really good idea I hope it turns out better for you than it has done for me! xx

Another point would be is that we all have a limited amount of money so you may be sharing this amount between you and the Ann Summers girl rather than both of you doing well!

I agree with that!!!

I used to do Body Shop parties many moons ago when folk had more money to play with and I tried combining it with Jewelerry one time, and a 'card reader' the other and it really didnt work!

I found that they went for one or the other and sorry to say it was the other on both occasions!
Even though its not a conflict of interest as such, it does clash and so you may well do well with the spray tans, but if your AS collegue doesnt get any sales and its not been worth her while, she will soon knock it on the head and quite rightfully!

Obviously give it a try as you never know, but from my experience one party always looses out.

Latest posts

Back