Techs not using the Shellac lamp for Shellac

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

blossom

Reaction score
This annoys me intensely and is a real bugbear. I have it on good authority from a couple of clients that do Shellac 4 fingers, 4 fingers, then thumbs because they do not have a Shellac lamp. My clients had the audacity to question what I do (perhaps simply because I work from home and they had experienced this at a salon so presumed the salon were doing it "right"?) and I put them right and also pointed out that insurance is not valid without the Shellac lamp.

It amazes me how some techs/salons have photographs on their websites showing Shellac nails together with the lamp which helped create them which is not the Shellac lamp. Isn't that just advertising unprofessionalism?

However, going back to my clients who had been to the non Shellac lamp using salons, their Shellac had been on for 3 weeks and looked nice apart from the growth so what does that say exactly? I've gone out and purchased everything Shellac to supposedly provide a better service but now its looking like the folks using the non-Shellac lamps can maybe do just as well? It's very annoying.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hey chick, 4,4 and thumbs is how I work - I use a CND BRiSA lamp which can't do the whole hand at once...

but it's still the correct lamp to work with Shellac (just inefficient compard to the fancy new Shellac 5 finger lamp..)

OK, so does the Brisa lamp also cure Shellac then? Only we were told on our training course you had to have the Shellac lamp and nothing else :)

I have Cnd lamp and shellac system but in my work it drives my mad cause they dont. Tbh most clients come back with it chipped after few days

We have a brisa lamp in our pedi room to do feet shellac, and as a backup in case anything happens to our shellac one. Its a 4 finger cure, so maybe they are using that.

We have a brisa lamp in our pedi room to do feet shellac, and as a backup in case anything happens to our shellac one. Its a 4 finger cure, so maybe they are using that.

Perhaps. I shall investigate further. It just bugs me that you might be able to get fab results using the wrong lamp!

But I can defo see for sure in many websites I've seen that the lamp is neither Brisa nor Shellac, but Shellac being shown. :irked:

Perhaps. I shall investigate further. It just bugs me that you might be able to get fab results using the wrong lamp!

But I can defo see for sure in many websites I've seen that the lamp is neither Brisa nor Shellac, but Shellac being shown. :irked:
yes you can use BRiSA lamp - this is why Brisa can also be cured in the Shellac lamp.... my partner can get 3-4 weeks no problem..

but 5 finger cure with shellac lamp makes waaaay more sense...

hi, i no this is going to kick up a stir but! i am in the process of building up my shellac collection so bought one to try as i have tried other brands and they peeled off.Anyway like said i bought 1 bottle of shellac and used my normal 36 watt lamp used my normal cleanser and non acetone polish remover for tacky layer and it lasted a full week before i removed it myself. It did work perfectly fine without all the proper must haves, but just for reference i will be investing in all the proper equipment before i start working on paying clients as i want to work to a professional standard and by using the correct products and lamps if the product doesnt last or gets problems you no its not down to you but more likely to be the way the client has looked after them or not

hi, i no this is going to kick up a stir but! i am in the process of building up my shellac collection so bought one to try as i have tried other brands and they peeled off.
Anyway like said i bought 1 bottle of shellac and used my normal 36 watt lamp used my normal cleanser and non acetone polish remover for tacky layer and it lasted a full week before i removed it myself.
It did work perfectly fine without all the proper must haves, but just for reference i will be investing in all the proper equipment before i start working on paying clients as i want to work to a professional standard and by using the correct products and lamps if the product doesnt last or gets problems you no its not down to you but more likely to be the way the client has looked after them or not

I'm sorry but I don't see the point of this post :confused:

It is like you are saying it is OK to use another lamp because it will work and any problems will be the clients fault, not that you would actually do such a thing yourself :wink2:

Read all the lamp threads, and Doug Schoons input on this!

I shall summarise though....You cannot see if the product is undercured, it will look OK...but it isn't! You should not advocate that anyone should use any old 36 watt lamp, no matter how any experiments you yourself have carried out.

In my honest opinion and don't rip my head off.. The only reason Cnd are so adamant that shellac 'wont work' without their lamp is because *drum roll* their lamp cost £200!! My lamp cost me £50 no client has ever complained and they all get around 3 weeks out of the service. I'm not saying anything negative about Cnd just that they are first and for most a business

In my honest opinion and don't rip my head off.. The only reason Cnd are so adamant that shellac 'wont work' without their lamp is because *drum roll* their lamp cost £200!! My lamp cost me £50 no client has ever complained and they all get around 3 weeks out of the service. I'm not saying anything negative about Cnd just that they are first and for most a business

Well I don't know where you are looking to buy a CND lamp from, but it is only £99 plus vat!!
I have 2 !

No one is going to rip your head off!
But I can hear a collective sigh, and feel the shaking of heads around the site, as all the professional nail tech's using the proper products and full system just give up trying to educate people who just won't be told.
:grr:

This has been discussed and debated so many times...there are many lamp threads and Doug Schoons scientific input is posted here many times, go look for it.

I am closing this thread now, as the initial point has been answered...

It could have been a Brisa lamp (I have one of those too!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back