Teenage/younger skin facials

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ker3003

Reaction score
Hi! Just wondering if any of you offer facials for teenagers? If so what products do you use? X

Hi there
Are u meaning which products or which skin care range?? X

Nicola! Xxx

Both really - which skin care range and which products from the range? X

We do a young skin facial in our salon but we use guinot which have an express facial called the hydraclean facial its a machine based facial, its aimed towards all ages but is especially effective and popular with our teenage to 20's clients as its a little bit more affordable, a lot of our hydraclean clients then purchase from our cosmecology range which is also manufactured by guinot but isn't as advanced but still a lovely effective range of products 😊 x

We use dermalogica clear start in the salon but I have a teenage daughter who I bought the starter kit for and she found it was far too harsh on her skin though. x

I have just had a call from a parent asking me if I would do an environ facial on her 14 year old daughter with acne. My first concern is what she is using already. If she is using crap products a facial is kind of pointless. She is now coming on Saturday for a free consultation with a view to buying some skincare. I will then also be able to recommend facials. I use everything I would use on an adult skin and offer the same facials adapting my products to the skin I'm treating. Hope that helps.

Vicki x

I have the Dermalogica clear start range and I find it's very popular and works - it's great to educate younger clients and the starter packs fly off my shelves, I offer a express treatment for younger clients, but I do also use Dermalogica's grey line during facials with younger skins for a more professional treatment

I have just had a call from a parent asking me if I would do an environ facial on her 14 year old daughter with acne. My first concern is what she is using already. If she is using crap products a facial is kind of pointless. She is now coming on Saturday for a free consultation with a view to buying some skincare. I will then also be able to recommend facials. I use everything I would use on an adult skin and offer the same facials adapting my products to the skin I'm treating. Hope that helps.

Vicki x

Hi Vicki
How would you identify whether their current products were suitable or not? By the ingredients? I've seen the Miladys cosmetic ingredients book -is it worth getting? Id have no idea where to start looking at current skincare but would like to be able to advise them and promote new x

If their skin is bad, their skincare probably isn't working. If they don't want to pay my prices I talk about their options but environ do a young skin range which is reasonably priced. The lady who rang me tonight has a daughter using Avon. Just not a pro product and not prescribed so could be using totally the wrong thing for her skin. I'm not comfortable with heavily perfumed products but also can't bear simple. I suppose the first rule of thumb to me is are they using wipes. Changing a few small things can make a big difference.

Vicki x

Hi Vicki
How would you identify whether their current products were suitable or not? By the ingredients? I've seen the Miladys cosmetic ingredients book -is it worth getting? Id have no idea where to start looking at current skincare but would like to be able to advise them and promote new x

What range are you using or have you not got one yet? I can't comment on the book but if you are educated in the range you work with - really educated - you can explain to people why they need your products and the difference they can make to their skin. Wipes are my first port of call. If anyone has bad skin and is using wipes you can pretty much guarantee that changing that will improve their skin x

Thanks Vicki. I've wrote on your profile x

Wipes are my first port of call. If anyone has bad skin and is using wipes you can pretty much guarantee that changing that will improve their skin x

I agree that wipes can be detrimental, and I think that the quality of the cleansing stage is often neglected in a client's routine.

However, wipes are a hard habit to break, and whist admitting I am a consultant for the company, I have to say that the Neals Yard ones are in a completely different league from the usual wipes.

Latest posts

Back