Teeth Whitening DIY

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fingertipsnails

Reaction score
Hey geeks, i was just wondering if anyone does DIY teeth whitening, and if so was it good? And what did u use? Any info would be brilliant! Thank you :)

the crest 3d white strips professional ones are amazing but will make your teeth sensitive.

Thank you! Maybe if i used sensodyne *spelling* with it!

I remember watching a documentary about DIY teeth whitening in the uk and it basically said that the ingredients needed for a good quality teeth whitening are illegal if sold to somebody who is not a professional. This is only in the UK. Anyway basicaly DIY teeth whitening sets in the UK will not work very well and if they do the effects will be short lived :sad:
This is just what I saw on a documentary though, I have never used one so I cant really speak from experience, sorry xxx

I'm interested too where I could get some of these kits and if they work where do I get the crest ones mentioned from? Thanks

i got a home kit from my dentist, they made moulds of my mouth, mixed up all the products and put it in little syringes so i could put it into the moulds at home. i only had to use them for 1hr a night for a week to lift my smile by 5 shades!!!! i would totally recommend getting a dentist involved as prev said the stuff you can buy "over the counter" just isnt strong enough. It cost me about £250 however my dentist offered payment plans aswell for it

oh and mine were done 3 years ago and only just needed a 15 min top up this month :D

As a pp said, the Hydrogen peroxide content is too low in kits available in this country for it to make any real difference.

You would have to get the crest strips from the us, eBay sell them. They do work though.

Thank u so much everyone, might try the crest strips and if that fails see what my dentist has to offer! I had braces for two years when i was younger, about time i show them off!

Hi, as i am livng in germany as my husband is in the army our military dentist does not provide any cosmetic services :(

I dont know if i would have any issues ordering the crest ones in terms of Customs? with the chemicals etc?

My mum has the moulds from the dentist and the results are good i must say but unfortunately with my dentist that isn't an option :(

I tried a variety of things and then went to the dentist, best money ever spent! No sensitivity and just buy top up gels now. Blanx toothpaste and white and glo are worth using though.

I had mine done a few years ago with my dentist. It cost me £300 and the sensitivity drove me bananas :sad: I also think it made my gums receed a bit.

I am currently undergoing Invisalign treatment to straighten my teeth, whitening at the end is an option, but I can't decide yet.

I had them whitened a year or so ago in a shopping centre at one of those SmileLounge places. I thought that was pretty good. £100 for a 90 minute treatment. I thought the results were as good as I had from the dentist but without the sensitivity.

I had mine done a few years ago with my dentist. It cost me £300 and the sensitivity drove me bananas :sad: I also think it made my gums receed a bit.

I am currently undergoing Invisalign treatment to straighten my teeth, whitening at the end is an option, but I can't decide yet.

I had them whitened a year or so ago in a shopping centre at one of those SmileLounge places. I thought that was pretty good. £100 for a 90 minute treatment. I thought the results were as good as I had from the dentist but without the sensitivity.

I trained with a company called Teethwhite when we got a laser machine in the salon I used to work in. Obviously,we had to practise on each other. I couldn't speak all the way back from Glasgow the pain was so bad! Awful! But then we had clients in who didn't even get a twinge, I was gutted! I wanted them to be in mortal agony like I was! Hehe.
I definitely couldnt have it dne again, just for this reason alone.
I'll stick to the strips!

Crest 3D Whitening strips are amazing!!
They do work even though youd think they wouldnt!!
My teeth were noticeably whiter after a few days!
Only downfall is it makes your teeth so sensitive, mine got so bad then when I put the strips on it hurt so much so I had to stop the treatment!
Teeth are back to normal though so will try again soon :biggrin:

I'm getting an invisilign this year! do you mind me asking how much it had cost you? & has the dentist given you a timescale of when the brace will be off? thanks x

I'm getting an invisilign this year! do you mind me asking how much it had cost you? & has the dentist given you a timescale of when the brace will be off? thanks x

Mine is costing £3,000 I don't need a huge amount of movement so I have a treatment plan of 21 aligners which means 42 weeks. I am now on aligner number 6 (week 12) and can already see quite an improvement.

PM me if you want more details. My orthodontist is brilliant.

Latest posts

Back