Teeth Whitening...your experiences please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayls

Reaction score
Right peeps this is my dilemma, I have done a search on here but still havent come up with any answers!

Hubby has said I can have my teeth whitened, but I want a really good proffessional company. I dont want burnt gums after 1 hour!:eek:

I have scoured the net and obviously every company says they are the best.

The names I have come up with are Bright Smile and Celebrity Smiles.

But as I say if you tell me your experiences etc I would be very grateful!

Thanks geeks xxx:hug:

I would only ever get it done at a dentists' surgery. x

I went to my dentist hun x

I had mine done over 3 yrs ago now at my dental practice.

If i remember rightly it cost me £150 or maybe a little more.
I had a thorough check up with a scale & polish prior to starting treatment, also had impressins made which was then used to make a gum shield to fit top and bottom.
I was shown how to use the kit then did it my self gradualy over a week.
My teeth was lovely and white and i was always complimented on them, its only now they are starting to look dull so i think i need to buy some more gel to place in the shields and boost them again.

My opinion would be to visit your dentist and see what they have to offer.

I will ask my dentist if he does it, I just dont want to kit you do yourself at home!
I have done a few of those and I just cannot see any results!

Thanks guys xxxx

I will ask my dentist if he does it, I just dont want to kit you do yourself at home!
I have done a few of those and I just cannot see any results!

Thanks guys xxxx

I was exactly the same, had tried all the kits you buy from boots etc and nothing made a difference but i can honestly say everyone saw the difference before i did when i got the kit from the dentist.

Also the good thing about having the kit to do yourself is if you are prone to sensative teeth like me, you can control how long and how often you do it.

I went to the dentist and was very pleased with the result too. It costs more the first time as you need to pay for the trays. but after this you can just buy the gel from the dentist. Don't buy replacement gel elsewhere. as there are so many differnt percentages of strengths, some are far too strong.
Marion x

The kit from the dentist works but it made my teeth really sensitive x

If you are really looking for that 'movie star' white. You should go to a cosmetic dentist. Sometime they can actually bleach the teeth from the inside if it is nessessary. Also they should offer a 'zoom' whitening treatment which is done in one visit and uses UV lamps. It will cost somewhere around $500 (250 quid) maybe more depending on the dentist. Many of the peroxide treatments will only take your teeth to a certain level and some people who already have white teeth will not see a huge difference. But these are also great to remove build up stains from wine, tea and coffee etc.

The kit from the dentist works but it made my teeth really sensitive x
one thing I dread is having sensitive teeth as an outcome to this!
How long were they sensitive for Judy?

one thing I dread is having sensitive teeth as an outcome to this!
How long were they sensitive for Judy?

Till I gave the kit to Ant:lol: It got worse the more I used it tbh.
I like to share my pain..

Lol, tee hee hee, Thats really made me laugh Judy!!!
Thanks hunxxxxxxx:hug:

Hi, I had my teeth whitened with the dentist I worked for as a dental nurse. You must make sure you use a dentist for this treatment. The procedure is quite lengthy and a little uncomfortable I have to say. We charged patients £500-£600 approx for the treatment. But you must be aware, it is never a perminent result,the whitening result last approx 1 year, it is something you have to repeat (which obviously isn't great for your teeth due to the peroxide used) to obtain optimum results you should avoid 'staining' foods/drinks such as tea, coffee, currys etc and smoking, it can also make teeth very sensitive.stars you see on tv/mags etc almost curtainly have veneers,it is not their natural teeth. I wouldn't have it done again personally, if you do decide to have it done, please use someone proffessional. Sorry if it all sounds negative x

Thankyou Shelley, its not negative at all, I dont want it buttered up to sound better than it is, and tbh if the results dont last long then I cant be bothered, I cannot afford to have it doen every year and possibly by the time Im 40 I'll have teeth like Shane Macgowan!!

i won a teeth whitening treatment with bright smile in london, the laser whitening and it was excellant. i had white teeth anyway but they went even whiter and they werent sensitive or hurting at all. the treatment is slightly uncomfortable only cos u have that shield in ur mouth but thats it. i got loadsa comments how nice my teeth were and still do 2 years on!:green:

i won a teeth whitening treatment with bright smile in london, the laser whitening and it was excellant. i had white teeth anyway but they went even whiter and they werent sensitive or hurting at all. the treatment is slightly uncomfortable only cos u have that shield in ur mouth but thats it. i got loadsa comments how nice my teeth were and still do 2 years on!:green:

I too had this and definately would only recommend a professional dentist carry out such a treatment.

i wanted to get mine done, my sister-in-law is a dental nurse and she recommended a brand called POLAR NIGHT, that what her dentist used at about £300 a pop.

I searched on the net and got about 3 lots of treatment for £25, must admit though i have not yet used it so dont know about the sensitivity side, but she highly recommends it.

:)

Latest posts

Back