Teeth whitening?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had mine done today and all it is, is the same gel you get in home kits except the light speeds up the process which is why it works so fast as opposed to over a few weeks at home.

Looks like a former tooth whitener has fallen out with the company that provides them products...

CONMEN, buyer BEWARE. you can only use this system if you are a dentist. End of. no exceptions, read the Trading Standards for you local area and contact the General Dental Council. These conmen got £1500 off me and I want it back.

https://www.facebook.com/caosumpter/activity/10153158218612925

I had a conversation with a client (dental hygienist - very well established and works for several practices)
Her answer to me was - what would I say to her if she booked an appointment with a non qualified beauty / massage therapist ...????
Enough said for me ..!!!!

Hi all.
I've come on here for some advice.
I done a training course with Lovelite teeth whitening. I am so confused with the "law" and what's "legal" and not.
I was told that as long as I don't touch the clients mouth / and make them aware I'm not a dentist I'm fine to go ahead and do this treatment obv with insurance which I am yet to find??! I rushed into this head first and now having problems!! I feel like I've just wasted a ton of money :-( having read this post it seems that way? Has anyone got insurance and who with? Thank you x

Sorry but I'd probably write off the money and carry in with your other treatments unless you can try to get your money back - seek legal advice is my opinion on cost refunds as it was a course miss-sold ... (ESP if you used a credit card.. You'd stand more chance getting it back ...!!!)
... As I read it ... Any treatment within the mouth is dentistry ... Even if you pass them it to put into their own mouth or not ... Also not being informed correctly by your trainer is also not going to stand up in a court as the 2 already prosecuted have found out.
If I were you contact the gov body in dentistry & your local council ... But with 2 already prosecuted I know I wouldn't want to do it ...!!!!!

... And the 2 prosecuted were using non peroxide ... !!! ... So it's rubbish about the less than 1% thing and it's ok ... !!!

... And the 2 prosecuted were using non peroxide ... !!! ... So it's rubbish about the less than 1% thing and it's ok ... !!!

Exactly. Phone the regulator and find out for yourself.

Here is a link:
Tooth whitening FAQs

Here are phone numbers for the General Dental Council, the ones that would bring the prosecution against anyone:
0 845 222 4141, 0207 009 2726 or 0207 009 2714

I bet the product you use contains Glycols....also used in antifreeze, solvents, as a preservative, moisture retaining agent, it is obtained from Propylene.
There are heaps of people who are allergic to glycols, google it there is a case of a lady recently in Glasgow going to a clinic to have her teeth whitened, her review is on Yelp. She had severe mouth burns and the company that manufacture's the product just ignored her....Really makes you think twice about going to anyone other than a dentist.

hi im booked in to do this course on Friday, ive had so much conflicting information, did you manage to find insurance they advised me that they will help you sort it
many thanks
Donna

Teeth whitening is 'illegal' if your not a dentist or hygienist. I am a dental nurse and not aloud by the GDC to do any training in this.
People doing it are getting fined and going to court x

I've got a client who is an orthodontist and she's going to come to my beauty room and do teeth whitening and Botox. She uses WY10 which has very good reviews. I'm getting mine done next week so I'll update you when I've got new sparkly white teeth! I also wouldn't have used anyone who wasn't a dentist and I don't think clients would be confident in someone who isn't. Not sure how someone who wasn't a dentist would be able to do a consultation and check teeth were ok to whiten anyway?

Won't you need a doctor present, for her to administer the shots? Plus be a trained nurse?

I think I might start offering scale and polishes. Should be ok, shouldn't it? 😳

Teeth whitening is 'illegal' if your not a dentist or hygienist. I am a dental nurse and not aloud by the GDC to do any training in this.
People doing it are getting fined and going to court x

Yep, you're dead right. I'm a dental nurse and I can't do it. My colleague wanted to start her own tooth whitening business, looked into it and would have been struck off by the GDC as well as prosecuted. A dental therapist I work with has told us, Do not touch it with a barge pole!!! xxx

I don't know why any therapist would consider taking this on now ...
And those still doing it are setting themselves up for a massive fall ...

Ignorance is not a valid claim in the eyes of the law courts - it does say you should'v found out the facts ... !!! ... Feel sympathy for those who have paid out for equipment etc but this has been widely published that this is illegal unless you are a registered dentist or hygienist ... !!!

I've just seen these posts on a beauty therapist business page, I'm even more confused to what's legal and what isn't now!

Last edited by a moderator:
So when the dentist makes you some trays up, what is the product dads of they give you to put in the trays each night? Is there different brands, strengths?

The reason I ask, I know someone who purchased the same stuff, brand and everything a lot cheaper than the dentist was asking.

I've just seen these posts on a beauty therapist business page, I'm even more confused to what's legal and what isn't now!

My pics have been deleted :/ not sure why as I cropped out all names and the business name.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1397744369595.jpg
    1397744369595.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 165
  • 1397744394156.jpg
    1397744394156.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 1397744406322.jpg
    1397744406322.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 134
  • 1397744420519.jpg
    1397744420519.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 136
The pictures i have posted r just a few of my long listed amazing clients i did teeth whitening for. This is zero peroxide process with no pain and 20 min treatment time . Not too expensive as well. I did a lot in my salon through a company. I m insured and certified . It is safe for every client that even a dentist came to me to have it done.
Hope it helps
I think one should better do a research and then conclude what is legal and what is not. X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back