Teeth whitening

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidgernetball

Ubergeek
Reaction score
Are you looking for a new treatment to bring to your business?
Are you considering teeth whitening? Are you planning to visit Professional Beauty to do some research and maybe sign up to offer this treatment?

If so, please be aware that teeth whitening is ILLEGAL if you’re not a dentist. No grey area, no maybes, no “legal levels of peroxide” no no no!!!

Do all your research before you go so you know for a fact that they’re selling a lie.

And don’t be fooled by the fact they’re at Professional Beauty. Apparently it’s legal for them to sell to us, but not for us to carry out the treatment. Please don’t become another statistic.

Programme about this tonight on BBC 1 at 7.30.

You’re welcome [emoji6]

Vic x

Are you looking for a new treatment to bring to your business?
Are you considering teeth whitening? Are you planning to visit Professional Beauty to do some research and maybe sign up to offer this treatment?

If so, please be aware that teeth whitening is ILLEGAL if you’re not a dentist. No grey area, no maybes, no “legal levels of peroxide” no no no!!!

Do all your research before you go so you know for a fact that they’re selling a lie.

And don’t be fooled by the fact they’re at Professional Beauty. Apparently it’s legal for them to sell to us, but not for us to carry out the treatment. Please don’t become another statistic.

Programme about this tonight on BBC 1 at 7.30.

You’re welcome [emoji6]

Vic x
OMG Was thinking about offering this. I even had my teeth whitened at Beauty last year [emoji50]! Thank you squidgernetball for bringing this to our attention. Will be watching the docu later [emoji1303]

There is a Facebook group called Salon Industry Networking Group - link below - where I've been campaigning for years to get tooth whitening banned from the shows.
I've even appeared on Radio 4 highlighting this anomaly.
Many, many beauty therapists have been fined for offering this. The General Dental Council has a 100% success rate in prosecuting beauty therapists, and others, and ignorance is no defence.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SalonOwnersNetworking/

Last year whilst at the Beauty show, I 'mentioned' while on the Teeth whitening stand, that folk should be careful as this treatment was not legal....
WOW....WEE....This did not go down well with the Host of said stand!
She spent the next 10 minutes remonstrating with me.....I held my ground, but all she kept 'yelling' was that she was a qualified dentist......
But those who you sell it too aren't!:p...
A very unpleasant experience......
Don't be fooled folks!:cool:

I wonder if she had an American accent?!

Just bumping this up in the hope that anyone considering offering teeth whitening will see this x

My client today, whose a DENTAL HYGIENIST, tells me her daughter is now brushing her teeth with charcoal....a trend that's apparently all over youtube!:eek::eek:

Said daughter is also partial to having a 'whitening' treatment carried out by her mobile 'beautician' whilst having her nails done!o_O

Worlds gone crazy....:cool:

Just bumping this up in the hope that anyone considering offering teeth whitening will see this x
Very wise! These companies are VERY pushy at the beauty shows and seem to be on every other stand! It's a shame the shows aren't a bit more selective over which companies exhibit!

Very wise! These companies are VERY pushy at the beauty shows and seem to be on every other stand! It's a shame the shows aren't a bit more selective over which companies exhibit!
As someone who enquired about a trade stand, it's because they're so eye-wateringly expensive they can't be picky about who the let in sadly. There aren't many people who would want a stand in the industry.

As someone who enquired about a trade stand, it's because they're so eye-wateringly expensive they can't be picky about who the let in sadly. There aren't many people who would want a stand in the industry.
That doesn't make having them there acceptable though. Why don't that go to a dentistry expedition, if such a thing exists! The people they are selling (preying) on are not allowed to perform the treatment. Not one person who goes there is going to be a dentist, so why are they there?

It's so unethical.

Ethics is my favourite word at the.moment [emoji23][emoji23]

That doesn't make having them there acceptable though. Why don't that go to a dentistry expedition, if such a thing exists! The people they are selling (preying) on are not allowed to perform the treatment. Not one person who goes there is going to be a dentist, so why are they there?

It's so unethical.

Ethics is my favourite word at the.moment [emoji23][emoji23]
O I totally agree, it's totallly unethical.

I have a friend who’s just advertised a 7 day detox kit by ‘smile enhance uk’. Is this what you’re talking about?

I have a friend who’s just advertised a 7 day detox kit by ‘smile enhance uk’. Is this what you’re talking about?

It’s about therapists who go to the beauty exhibitions and get convinced that it’s legal to offer teeth whitening when it isn’t. Mouth guards with whitening agents and led lights that help activate the product. I think the product you’re talking about is a tooth powder.

Vic x

Latest posts

Back