Teething Problems since converting to Creative - advice needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natalie day

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I need some advice please. I have recently converted to creative but have been having a few teething problems. I cannot seem to get the mix ratio correct! I used millennium (sp??) previously which I got used to but I have been completely thrown using the creative products, I just can't seem to get it right. When I have finished (and this only seems to be with the perfect colour pink powder), there are a few tiny little bubbles visable. I don't seem to get it when I am using the clear powder? Why is this is, where am I going wrong?

I am going for some one-2-one training in October but I would love to be able to overcome the problems I am having before then and use the time for prefecting other tecniques...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

i find i get incy wincy air bubbles in the acrylic if i don't let the bead settle...i place it on the nail and count in my head 'going going gone' and by this time it has 'settled' and is ready to work with...and hopefully no bubbles!

Hope this helps! :D

Dianne is right.

Make your bead and place it nice and firmly on the nail plate. Then take a deep breath and give the bead time to start to do its clever thing of polymerizing. If you interupt the process to soon by patting and pushing it around you can create bubbles in the mix.

Your ratio could be perfectly OK. Just relax a bit and take your time ... not too much ... just a nice deep breath or 'going going gone' or whatever comes into your head that only take a couple of seconds to say.

have you tried this - when i conveted my educator made us use a sheet of laminate to practice on first, she advised that we do this before each set of nails we so, as different things could affect the product (temperature, climate etc). i made up a laminate sheet of paper and it is a great aid to getting your ratio right, if i remember correctly, we would dip the brush,wipe off excess liquid, watch for it to change texture, then place it on the nail (or laminate) it should "melt" about 25%, if there is no ring of liquid around it (that would be too wet) and or doesnt "mellt" too much its ok, try it - it actually helped me and i still do it now and never have bubbles

hope this helps

Also, try to avoid dragging a line through your powder, instead... start to draw a line... stop... hold... and lift. All of your powder should become absorbed within a couple of seconds and have an orange peel texture (for opaque powders) or look like frosted glass (for translucent powders).

Hope this helps ;)

Thanks everyone for the help. I will have a go later on using the tips above and see how I get on. After reading through this, I think it may be that I don't let it settle, I panic that if I leave it too long it will set and I will end up with a big blob! But I will try and relax a bit more and see how I go!

Cheers everyone!

Latest posts

Back