TEFL course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brooke_09

Reaction score
has anyone done a tefl course? its not related to beauty I know and I would loooooovvve to teach!
Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am interested in this post to currently looking at ptlls course to x

ooo are you looking at moving abroad?

If you want to be able to work as a TEFL teacher generally the course needs to be a highly recognised one. The Trinity Cambridge ones are generally the most asked for by schools or academy's that employ TEFL teachers. Having said that, I did Star TEFL, I found it for £40 on Groupon! Definitely worth doing some research, where do you want to work and what kind of qualification they are looking for, then go from there! Good luck x

I think Ive choosen the company I want to use I am just waiting for a bit more information. I live in tenerife and I am planning to be a private tutor here x

If you want to be able to work as a TEFL teacher generally the course needs to be a highly recognised one. The Trinity Cambridge ones are generally the most asked for by schools or academy's that employ TEFL teachers. Having said that, I did Star TEFL, I found it for £40 on Groupon! Definitely worth doing some research, where do you want to work and what kind of qualification they are looking for, then go from there! Good luck x

how did you find the course? and would you recommend doing it? xx

I enjoyed it, however it was time limited and I didn't get it all done within the time, so I had to pay more to extend my time allowance. I think if you're busy with other things you're going to have to be really motivated to get it all done! Some parts of the course can get a bit tricky, especially the phonetic alphabet! I still struggle with that. But I think TEFL is a great thing to have?! If you've got the time to do it, it's something you can use as much or as little as you want, so yes I would recommend it!xx

ok awesome thank you. can I ask what made you choose to do it? xx

I do a lot of home study, and I had a couple of months between my term times when I needed something to keep my brain busy, so when the offer came up and how cheap it worked out to be I thought I had nothing to lose! In hindsight though I didn't really give myself enough time to do it, hence having to pay for extra time. So definitely keep that in mind before you start!xx

Great thank you so much makenna youve been so helpful. do you teach now? x

You're welcome I hope it goes really well for you! I don't teach, I'm doing my nail stuff and an open university degree so got enough on my plate. Still comes in useful though, with international friends, I can help improve their English through everyday conversation xx

Latest posts

Back