Telephone enquiries - how to get that client to book with you!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EllaX

Reaction score
A tip for you all - some of you may know this, but this is for the newbies.

I have had a lot of phone enquiries lately relating to prices.

i.e I'm planning a wedding how much for extensions?
I'm planning a hen party....
I'm just pricing up...

They are obviously ringing a lot of companies for prices, so make sure you get their custom and they book with you!

Rather then just say a full set is £28 (this is the only info they want afterall)
I tell them how long they last for, rebalance costs thereafter(explain the difference in prices ie 1 colour rebal and and french rebal), tell them a bit of aftercare so they got the best out of their enhancements at home etc

More importantly finish the conversation with - if you have anymore questions just give me a ring.....

Then I make a note of the enquiry (tel no.) and the date - just to see if they call back!

This week the majority of my enquiries have rung back to book because i took the time with them on the phone, was very helpful and friendly.

So if you are struggling with getting clients - look at your phone manner, are you approachable? are you friendly? do you give them just the info they want, or a little bit more??

brilliant info hun, sometimes i think we all need reminding to keep up the good service even when its only over the phone , as it could be a clincher , i had one the other day asking about the difference between the regular mani and the spa , and i just reeled off all the benefits once my brain kicked in , lol,

A tip for you all - some of you may know this, but this is for the newbies.

I have had a lot of phone enquiries lately relating to prices.

i.e I'm planning a wedding how much for extensions?
I'm planning a hen party....
I'm just pricing up...

They are obviously ringing a lot of companies for prices, so make sure you get their custom and they book with you!

Rather then just say a full set is £28 (this is the only info they want afterall)
I tell them how long they last for, rebalance costs thereafter(explain the difference in prices ie 1 colour rebal and and french rebal), tell them a bit of aftercare so they got the best out of their enhancements at home etc

More importantly finish the conversation with - if you have anymore questions just give me a ring.....

Then I make a note of the enquiry (tel no.) and the date - just to see if they call back!

This week the majority of my enquiries have rung back to book because i took the time with them on the phone, was very helpful and friendly.

So if you are struggling with getting clients - look at your phone manner, are you approachable? are you friendly? do you give them just the info they want, or a little bit more??
This is great advice but what if there have withhelled there number so you don't get to have there number what would you then.

you could still make a note of what services they were enquiring about, ie 2 pedis and a full set etc then if they ring to rebook you know.

People normally say, 'hi i rung before regarding prices' or if not when they book the '2 pedis and a full set' just say ooh did you ring before regarding proces, im glad you called back etc.

If you can remember a client - its good. They will thank you for it.

Remember things like: (put it on your client record cards if you have too)

how they take their tea/coffee (if you offer drinks in the salon)
Remember where they are going/have just been on holiday
Remember husbands/kids names

Make the client feel special - they will keep coming back then.

Great advice again Rachel. When I worked for Thomson Local we very much said that we only get the phone to ring for you, it is then up to you to clinch the business.

Latest posts

Back