telephone quiet - strange for this time of the year

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pazzy

Reaction score
I'm not worried cos Im full next week and nicely steady this week,

but surprised to find that I'v not had the usual calls for one off sets of nails this year.

If I was just starting off I would be worried but thankfully I have my regulars all crammed in next week :rolleyes:

Anyone else found their phones strangely quiet?

Pazzy,

Yes Im the same as you, all regulars crammed in next week, I have 26 treatments, plus a pamper night ( I work in an office in the morning ), but they are all regulars, except a couple of pedis for new clients. Last year I picked up new clients, not sure if this will happen now.

Unless, of course, people panic and phone next week and then Ill try and squeeze them in, only got a couple of spaces left tho.

Think Ill probably need a massage by next Sat night. Looking forward to being busy tho ........

Heather

Its the same for me if anythink i was busy last week very slow this week, (a few children parties) and fully booked next week
i have found this year very slow to tell you the truth !!!

i think everybody holds off this week so that they can get an appointment nearer to christmas.
all the ladies that are regulars will have been booked in for weeks, but those that are only occasional nail wearers wont realise that they need to plan ahead. i bet we will all be deluged with calls next week.

i think everybody holds off this week so that they can get an appointment nearer to christmas.
all the ladies that are regulars will have been booked in for weeks, but those that are only occasional nail wearers wont realise that they need to plan ahead. i bet we will all be deluged with calls next week.
I hope and pray you are right, i need all the calls i can get,
i am that quiet i am looking for a part time job to help pay the overheads in the salon :eek:
come on phones get ringing

I think people are feeling the pinch abit at the moment. Even thou interest rates dropped last week, people are still uneasy about their mortgage payments....Christmas is getting more expensive...unfortunately, one of the first things to go are nails.

Like you I am full to bursting next week, but nothing but a handful of rebalances this week:rolleyes:

I hope and pray you are right, i need all the calls i can get,
i am that quiet i am looking for a part time job to help pay the overheads in the salon :eek:
come on phones get ringing

oh no !
i am quiet this week and have even had the luxury of having a couple of days off to do all my christmas shopping, but my christmas week appointments were all booked up weeks ago and im doing an extra day too.

with salons you get more passing trade though. you'll be picking up all those who didnt realise these things need planning ahead.. its a good way to pick up new clients for next year.i will have to turn down all my new leads unfortunately as i cant fit them all in.

i'm so glad i dont have the worry of a salon to pay for.

Lots of salons have got big ads in the local papers - so maybe there isnt that much beauty/nail work available.

Daft thing is the Xmas parties start beginning of Dec and Im usually chockablock all of December and have to say its been the nicest relaxing December EVER!!

But the phone has never been this quiet.

xx

I think people are feeling the pinch abit at the moment. Even thou interest rates dropped last week, people are still uneasy about their mortgage payments....Christmas is getting more expensive...unfortunately, one of the first things to go are nails.

Like you I am full to bursting next week, but nothing but a handful of rebalances this week:rolleyes:

It's not only nails, it's the staff Christmas parties that people have their nails done for. I remember last year reading that companies were cutting right back on them so can only imagine that it's the same this year.

i will have to turn down all my new leads unfortunately as i cant fit them all in.

i'm so glad i dont have the worry of a salon to pay for.

Dont turn them down hun put them on a waiting list in case anyone cancels or you can fit them in at the last minute.

It's not only nails, it's the staff Christmas parties that people have their nails done for. I remember last year reading that companies were cutting right back on them so can only imagine that it's the same this year.

Well, our Christmas Party has been cancelled for the third year running :irked:

We are all doing our own little thing like going to the pub for a few drinks etc, but no one is spending money on fancy dresses or getting dolled up.

So yes, I agree with the above statement. A lot of companies aren't having Christmas Parties, so people aren't spending the money with us to make themselves look good.

Marlise

Dont turn them down hun put them on a waiting list in case anyone cancels or you can fit them in at the last minute.

good plan, thanks.

Latest posts

Back