telescopes !!!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
hi all

i was just wondering if anyone on here or there other halfs know anything about TELESCOPES.

Mark has asked for one for christmas but on looking around i have found loads with all different measurements and prices but dont know what a good one is if i fell over it lol

have been on ebay and want to get one for aound £100 ish but making sure he can actuly see something through it lol

can any one help me PLEASE.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

My other half has one, he said you can get this one from argos for around £70,
you can look at the moon and the craters on the moon and the other planets and stars etc
he has just dug out the argos book and found it for you,
it is on page 969 item 12 he says this a great telescope
there is another one item 13 that is £130 if you wanted to spend a bit more, this one is easier to use and is more powerful hth

asghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lou thanks mate

it will be better from argos as well as im always a bit worried with things of ebay

love ya lisa xxxxxx

My husband reckons he can see into the house across the road quite well but has trouble with the ones at the end of the road especially through their nets.So the more powerful the better.

your welcome hun although i don't envy you having to queue in there at this time of year,
i would have a look and see if you can pre order online from argos then just collect, save your sanity hun lol

oh erh gill

glad i dont live on your street lol

xxxxxxxxxxx

guess what the one at £130 is reduced to £99 and the one at £70 is reduced to £49

WOW

XXXX

guess what the one at £130 is reduced to £99 and the one at £70 is reduced to £49

WOW

XXXX
Cool buy him the cheap one it will do the job and treat your self with the money you have saved lol

I should have kept my mouth shut,
i told him about the prices and he has now decided that he would like one of the £100 ones for xmas, an upgrade to the one he has,
that's me that's definitely skint now as i had already sorted his pressy out lol

My husband reckons he can see into the house across the road quite well but has trouble with the ones at the end of the road especially through their nets.So the more powerful the better.
Naughty naughty:green: man

WHOOPS sorry lou xxxxxxxx

£100 think yourself lucky for now! This is an expensive hobby, discourage him now before it's too late!!!!!!!

As an ex-microbiologist, it depends what he wants it for. You could spend 20 grand!!!!!!!

Lidl have 2 for sale on Monday 17th.
One is 99.99 and the other is 49.99. I don't know anything about telescopes, but maybe someone else could tell you if they are any good. Lidl usually give good value for money, so they might be a good buy. HTH
Marion x

WHOOPS sorry lou xxxxxxxx
Don't worry hun he is worth it, i went and got him it today but he wouldn't let me wrap it, said he had to take it out of box and check it all worked, typical boy with a toy lol
did you manage to get one hun?

Marion's right .... the one at Lidl is a bargain (if it's any good that is!)

Lidl Online

Don't worry hun he is worth it, i went and got him it today but he wouldn't let me wrap it, said he had to take it out of box and check it all worked, typical boy with a toy lol
did you manage to get one hun?

which one did you get him and did he say it was good for looking at sky at night ??????

im going shopping tomorow

Just give me 10 Min's or so, he has just got home from work and is fighting his way into the box as we speak, it has a star chart and a chart for all the different feathered birds, will tell you more as he gets into it lol

Goes to show i don't know what I'm talking about, 10 Min's lol what a laugh, he has it out of the box and built up, he is in the garden now trying to get all the different lenses sorted out,
i got him the one for £100, it is huge and quite heavy so if you drive park near by to the store,
he said it is great, loads better than his other one ( he had the cheaper one) this one is 525x power astronomical & terrestrial telescope, so yes hun it is good for the sky at night,
it has loads of different size lens to fit to it and has a big tripod and a small tri pod, not to sure what the small one is for as the telescope is far to big for it,
you can also attach your digital camera to the telescope and take photos of the sky at night how cool is that,
he recomends it hun, happy shopping :hug:

Latest posts

Back