Tell me something surprising about yourself

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@missjodylee you are an amazing, honest, strong and passionate person!

Keep believing in yourself, follow your dreams and never forget who you are! Keep your feet on the ground and be proud of yourself, wear that smile with pride!

Reading this reminded me of a book I read "a million little pieces" if you like reading maybe you'd like it, what that guy went through was amazing and opened my mind in many ways!

Love, laugh and live! X

Thanks, I will definately look the book up. Love reading.

Last edited:
When I was little, my elder brother threw an axe at me and it hit me ( thankfully the wrong way round) straight on in the face and broke my nose! 3 weeks later, he threw a metal cap gun at me and again hit me in the face rebreaking any healing my nose had done! He then proceeded to ask me to hold some caps for him and he would show me how they made a noise and dropped a paving slab on my hand and the cap!!!

When i was 17 i had early stages of cervical cancer cells andhad to have laparoscopy, colposcopy and laser treatment.

My husband is 17 years older then me - we met when i was 20 and he was 38.

I have got a tattoo that covers my entire left side of my rib cage. it is a chinese dragon and wanted to have a phoenix on the other side but hubby actually hate tattoo's so begged me not to have it done!

Some of your storiws are so inspirational and beautiful.

Chameleon - although a long time since your original post, i wanted to say thank you for posting it. it makes me very proud to hear that other people's prejudice hasn't stopped you from living your life to the fullest and helping others who feel they can't be who they know they are because of society and the select few small minded people. It also saddens me to watch the video you posted and read of the souls whose lives were taken both through ignorance and through what I can only descrive as prejudiced medical negligence :( xxx

MissJodyLee - you are truly an inspiration xxxxx

My grandad and Noddy Holders dad were best men at each others wedding.

I had a lung tumour when I was 22 and had part of my lung removed. Turned out to be a rare tumour. Never smoked in my life .

I have a massive phobia of rats . Cant even look at them in a book or .t.v so if I ever came face to face with one I would die.

I cant go in a pet shop until someone has checked there aren't rats or mice in cages.

I cannot go in a butchers shop the smell makes me gag for my life. Once I was actually physically sick after being in a butchers in the middle of the market . I think it was the most embarrassing and memorable day of my life.:o

Thanks Brittone
That's very kind of you to say x

One of my Ancestors dated one of Jack the Rippers victims, he was also a suspect.

I'm afraid of Caterpillars.

After loosing two babies I was told I would die if I risked getting preg again, I took the risk and went on to have another, she is almost 10 now :)

One of my Ancestors dated one of Jack the Rippers victims, he was also a suspect.

I'm afraid of Caterpillars.

After loosing two babies I was told I would die if I risked getting preg again, I took the risk and went on to have another, she is almost 10 now :)

Thats great wow bet she is ur lil miracle isn't she my lil girl is to I lost my son at 22 weeks gave birth to him buried him I was told no more fell pregnant at 20 had billie at 25 weeks she was half a pound in hospital 6 month was despritly ill hole in heart bleed on brain 6 and a half years on she's fine my lil miracle xxx

Thats great wow bet she is ur lil miracle isn't she my lil girl is to I lost my son at 22 weeks gave birth to him buried him I was told no more fell pregnant at 20 had billie at 25 weeks she was half a pound in hospital 6 month was despritly ill hole in heart bleed on brain 6 and a half years on she's fine my lil miracle xxx

Aww bless you xx Yes she is and very spoilt by the whole family lol, I lost my sons at 32 weeks and second at 21 weeks, it was the worse thing I have ever had to deal with but decided I could take docs advice and spend the rest of my life feeling like a failure (not that I am saying women who loose babies are failures, just how I felt) or I could follow my heart and take the risk, I am so glad I listened to my heart xx

So is my lil girl lol it is the most heart breaking thing in the world I really did struggle with it all for a long long time and I don't think u ever get over it jus learn to deal with it it's always there isn't it I was the same thought damn u I'm going to do it and run the risk and like u now have a wonderful daughter she brings me so much joy a d like you say prove to yourself that ur not a failure which is exactly how I felt and I remember saying to myself as soon as I fall pregnant they just Wanamaker get out of me lol I must be a really crap incubator lol but all my efforts and doctors and neo natal doctors help me achieve my goal to have a child we both did it xxx

Aww bless you xx Yes she is and very spoilt by the whole family lol, I lost my sons at 32 weeks and second at 21 weeks, it was the worse thing I have ever had to deal with but decided I could take docs advice and spend the rest of my life feeling like a failure (not that I am saying women who loose babies are failures, just how I felt) or I could follow my heart and take the risk, I am so glad I listened to my heart xx

My heart is with u ur an inspiration x

<3 this thread.!

I have one ear that sticks out more than the other and a un normal massive gap between my big and second toe! My friends find this hilarious.

I once served Ian Beale some childrens sunglasses and clothes in john lewis haha.He was pretty miserable he wanted to send the stuff to hold for pick up later i was to scared to ask his real name and didnt know it so i wrote Ian Beale on the tag!!

We moved 3 times in 11months.. We have lived in tenerife for 14 months and only gone to the beach once!

I'm 24 and still sleep with my bear i got when i was born he's called marshmallow and now only has one ear. :)

I was on the front page if the local paper (Liverpool echo) when I was 8 (20 ish yrs ago) because the fire brigade had to come and free me when my me toe got stuck in a toy pram swelled up and got was cuttung off circulation.

Lol

Don't know what's worse the fact I was on the paper (must of been a SLOW news day)

Or that i will never understand why my mum phoned the fire brigade (off which 9 turned up for a laugh) rather than asking the man next door if he had a hack saw in his shed..............

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I also was due to go in ether raf when I was 20, had a leaving party , got drunk (very drunk actually) fell off a roundabout in the local park and broke two ribs!! Went bk a year later for my medical to go for training and I was pregnant!! So no more RAF for me!! Wouldn't be the excellnt therapist I am now tho!! Couldn't be happier.........

Well if I was married to gerrad bulter it would be perfect!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

Well I was in the news of the world paper when i was 8mths pregnant with my second child & I was fuming mad!! I was at our local beach with my mum & we saw a flasher &#58381; we had to go to court & everything because he was a nutter, but when I was in the witness box his lawyer was a smart arse & asked if I was sure the man had been naked?? I pointed to my bump & assured the cocky lawyer that I knew what the naked male form looked like! The court was in an uproar & the sheriff (female) smirked, the snotty lawyer was silenced but the newspapers made a big deal of it, I was mortified when it went national & my workmates cut it out of the paper & stuck it in the window :the shame: lol

Born with a dislocated hip, speak Italian, nearly died in a car fire, nearly died in a lift, nearly died in a car crash, nearly died in childbirth, flown a plane, met Ross Kemp in an airport, got a picture of me and him, me and Shane Ritchie, me and David Gest. Met Paul McCartney, no pic. Avoided holiday reps like the plague then became a holiday rep! Had cancer cells lasered out, parasailed, zipwired, been driving for 16 years but passed test 4th time. Sung in a choir for years, had an audition for X Factor but didn't go as I had no babysitter erm... Can't think of anything else at the mo x

I LOVE kickboxing (doing, not watching) and love doing karate! :) When I tell folks that, they just can't believe I enjoy those things! I guess I just don't look the type. :eek:

Note to self: Don't f*** with this lady x

I played darts for years, even have a couple of trophies!
I also played pool for the county a few times (no trophies, though i have got a trophy for snooker).
I also have a quiz trophy. I entered the Great Brain Quiz for years and won the running scoreboard a few times for the highest accumulative score.
Can you tell I used to spend a lot of time in the pub? Lol

I was in a darts team but I'm not that good lol

Helen Shapiro lives in the house whose garden backs onto mine, and Billy Idol's Mum is a client.
I don't think there is any other remarkable things about me!

My late nan was Shirley Bassey's cleaner lol x

i think i am the worlds most unobservant person because i have walked into a guy in broad daylight who was erm .... doing something that rhymes with hastabating !! and i never even noticed , lmao .. the best bit i have done it twice !!!! it was only coz i i had mates with me that told me :eek:

2 Hasterbayers? Or same 1 on different occasions???

This is quite an interesting thread and it is enjoyable reading about people and thier lives....and the odd thing or two that may well be surprising.

As for myself,i have led an unconventional life to some but for me quite normal.

You see although i was born a male physically i cforrected my birth gender to female.I was born transgendered,and also if that was not enough Klinefelter's syndrome is a condition that i inherited somehow genetically.

The long and short of it is that i have an extra X chromosome,so i i should be wonder woman!!!

I transitioned early in life,when i was 18,and had surgery by the time i was in my eraly 20,s.I had breast augmentation in Paris,and then my GRS surgery in London in the mid 90s....

Prior to surgery i always had a conception of myself as female,just did not have the parts to match my brain....after all gender is not identified between the legs,but between the ears:idea:

I had support from my family,and especially my grandmother....but i moved away from home at 18....thought i knew better...went to France and Italy....worked a "colourful" lifestyle,and funded the money for my surgery.

I now work with transitioning transgendered people and act as a lifestyle coach and help trans people ease into society....shopping going out...and all kinds of beauty wether it be make up skin or nails.

I choose not to live in stealth...just because i am a trans woman does not mean i have to hide who i am....some choose to hide thier past....i do not....

I believe in educating people who are willing to listen.

I am a succesful woman with a linguistics degree and intend on starting a post graduate degree in Speech and Language therapy this Autumn,part time while i continue to teach.

There have been alot of trans people who have died and been murdered just for being themselves.

I hope that you can see for yourself that we as trans people do not need to justify something that happened at conception and to recognise that we do not have a mental disorder but a condition in the part of the brain that sees ourselves as male or female.
YouTube - Transgender : I Have a Dream

For those of you who know me you know this is not surprising....but i am proud of who i am:hug:
May those who have passed to spirit rest in peace xx

Wow... You are an inspiration! You ROCK!!! Xxx

Latest posts

Back