Tell Us About Your Favorite Client

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgloverfam

Reaction score
You know who she is.....she's always on time, never complains, always let's you do whatever you feel like doing. Maybe she brings you lunch, and you spend the whole appointment laughing and telling stories. You practically know her life story, and she knows yours. Tell us who is your favorite client and why? Or WHAT type of client is your favorite and why? I'll go first:

My favorite client is a beautiful woman named Jennifer. She's impossibly sweet, we share the same birthday, and she trusts me to do whatever I want to her nails. We talk about the men in our lives, our careers. We giggle like school girls whenever she comes in, and she never questions my expertise. A few months ago, her job transferred her to another state, and I was literally sick!! I thought I'd never see her again (this is really getting chessy....lol), but she comes back to Chicago to visit when her job allows. She is my fave client ever.

I have another client that I love because she always brings food whenever she comes. I never asked her to do this, but she always comes on Saturdays, and we all know how crazy Saturdays are!! And out of the kindness of her heart, she decided to bring me and another tech food/snacks whenever she comes because she sees how we work our butts off with barely a minute to eat lunch.

Also, I looove clients who get the same thing every time...you know? The ones who always like their nails shaped the same way, and always get the same color. The PREDICTABLE ones. They are great for those hectic days when your head is going to pop off, because you immediatley know exactly what color they want, how they like their nails, and they don't give you any fuss about it!!

Now it's your turn, who is your favorite client, and why?

My favourite client is 80 years old. She has a manicure and pedicure every four weeks. She used to be a midwife in the 40's/50's and has loads of stories. She has travelled the world and lately has been reading to me during her pedicure. She reads extracts from her late husbands memoirs. He died a year after the second world war, but she has the diary he wrote whilst in the trenches and has loads of photos.
She has recently taught herself to use a computer and a web cam and she loves Big brother.
She has a wicked sense of humour and I could talk to her for hours.

Wow Rachel ... your client sounds like a really beautiful person ... can I borrow her, lol!
My fave client is a mani client, she is so sweet, polite, always on time and has been the person to give me the most word of mouth business.
She hasnt got great nails, in fact she has every type of nail going from fan to claw but she loves having me do my best on them, always has conservative nail art and is always chuffed to bits with the end result!

My favourite client is the wife of a local niteclub owner. Lovely girl of 30 with 2 small children, not very nice nails though! She's kind, funny and really down to earth. She always puts us on the guest list at the niteclub (not that I go but the other 2 do)
We spend most of the time laughing over really stupid things. It takes me ages to do her nails. Several times just when I've placed that blob of white on she starts and I have to get it off because I can't see what I'm doing! :lol:
I never have any mascara left on when I've finished.
I always look forward to her coming in.

I have to say that I'm incredibly lucky and enjoy having most of my clients in, however there is one lady of similar age to me. She's been coming to me for about 15 months now and we've had our fair share of problems with her nails! However, we've persevered and things are definitely much better. Anyway here is a lady who has offered me so much advice with so many different things (I tend to be a bit of an air head - she's not) and continues to amaze me with her knowledge.

She's given me her time as much as I have given her mine and I would sorely miss her if we no longer had our fortnightly meets!

Adele

It's nice to look forward to seeing someone every couple of weeks. With our job, we deal with so much, but to have those chosen few clients that we just can't wait to see makes it all worth it!

My favorite client is ...gay. I just don't know what to expect from him every time he comes to do his nails. Which outfit he's going to wear, what hair style or makeup. I just like watching his unusual manners... We became very good friends. He is very intelligent person, he is artist (he even made a portrait of me). Sometimes we are going shopping together (so funny!). Even my husband used to him (I am getting conserned..). He is moving to different city soon but he promised that every 2 weeks he will come for his usual nail treatments and nice cup of tea....

Hiya,

All my clients are absolutley fantastic and if it wasnt for them then i wouldnt be where i am today, but one does stick out, her name is Lorraine and when she first cme to me i was abit unsure as her brother is married to my ex's sister. Me and my ex didnt split very nice, anyway we got to know eachother and she is the nicest kindest person i have ever met, she has had it hard over the years, loosing a child and her brother being left brain damaged, but through all this she keeps smiling and really cheers me up. She lets me do anything on her nails and can be quite adventurous with nail art, i just think she is great!!

Amanda

Hi All,

I have lots of fave clients, all with different great qualities, but one of my favourites is a lady called Barbara. This lady is so interesteing, shes approximately 70 years old, she didnt put her age on her consultation form, just senior citizen! This lady is a welsh opera singer/singing teacher, and she is so interesting and lovely. She has worked in theatre or the tv all her life, and she was best friends with shirley bassey when they were younger! She is 5 years older than shirley, so if anyones knows how old shirley bassey is then i will know the age of my client as she said shes 5 years older than her. I am usually such chatterbox, but whenever this client comes to me she does all the talking, telling me stories of all the famous people shes worked with in her younger days, I just sit there listening in awe, i just love her! She gets invited to premieres of certain theatre shows, where she has taught people to sing and they invite her, and i think its great! She really is lovely, and so so glamourous, all hair and make up and she has a fantastic presence about her. Definately one of my fave clients.

Michelle xx

My fave client is Sue, firstly cos she appreciates my work and really looks after her nails. She has a great sense of humour and the biggest shoe collection I think I know of! Secondly, she has a lot of personal problems with her family - 3 grown up children who really give her headaches and heartache and when she is low her husband makes her have her nails done even if they don't need doing! She'll come in and get it all off her chest and leave the salon looking and feeling a million times better! I really feel a sense of satisfaction that I have made a difference to someone.

I also used to look after another lady who was the most interesting person I think I have ever met, and am ever likely to meet. Every appointment she'd tell me a bit more about her life. One time she nearly had me in tears when she started to tell me how she was abused as a child. I said my god you must write a book about your life you have had so much happen to you. Her reply was "someone already has. HAve you ever read 'A child called it'? Well that was what my life was like." After she left I went and sobbed my heart out (i'm nearly in tears now lol) as she was such a strong lady who had made such a success of her life, you'd never have guessed she had had such a cruel start in life (I am now crying just thinking about her:cry: ). I really miss her coming in.

My favorite client is the one I got robbed with, yes you read right, robbed, at gun point. It was enough to forge a bond like no other, I've been there for the death of her husband, and she was there for my wedding, the births of my children, and if she doesn't make it in by 1:15 on Friday for her weekly appointment, I worry, and usually call to make sure she's ok.

It's hard to pick a favorite, but for all that we've been through, she's the one.

my fav client is a woman called Isabella.She was a fashion director for the Times newspaper and she knew lots of famous people. The first time she came to me she said "I'm going to dinner with Joan Collins and my nails look awful please do something with them" and I though "Of corse you know Joan Collins dont we all" but as it turns out she did know her.Whenever she came in she would tell us her life story it was so interesting she would then sing Motown hits and fall asleep while I was doing her hand massage then her assistant would come to get her as she could never find her way back to her office (we were in the same building!) We all missed her when sha left there's never been anyone quite like Issabella.

Hi ya, my favourite client is Carola, she is fantastic, she is a German lady and a doctor. She's very eccentric and doesnt come every 2 weeks yet turns up least expected wanting her usual manicure, she is full of life and says the most funniest things and being a doctor she has plenty of experiences. We end up having such a laugh and she doesnt even care if im doing the manicure correctly. Because she is a doctor she is not allowed to wear colour and so if she comes on a friday she wants different coloured gems on every nail! The last time i saw her she came in for a manicure and got her feet out saying they dont smell so can you jazz them up pleeeasse! I havent seen her since Christmas but i know unexpectedly at some time she will contact me and have some fantastic stories she is in her 30's and says live life to the full have as many men as you want and make the most of it because it doesnt last long, dont moan and whine because somewhere there is someone worse off. And she certainly follows that xx

Latest posts

Back