Telling clients you're pregnant

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarahrose14

Reaction score
When did you let clients know you were pregnant? Also how did you do it, did you announce it on your business FB or Twitter or did you just tell them individually? I'm 12 weeks just had my scan yesterday and was thinking of leaving it until I start showing and then just telling clients at their appointments.

Sent from my K00F using SalonGeek mobile app

Congratulations!
Personally I wouldn't announce on Facebook but thats just me.
I would tell your clients face to face on their next appointment.
Make sure you have a plan of action in mind - people are selfish and a lot of peoples first thought will be "who will do my nails!!".
If you have some clients you are more friendly with, maybe call/text/email etc them and tell them before they may hear on the grapevine.

Good luck and remember, nothing is more important than your and your baby's health - don't let anyone pressure you into working more than you can

Rachael xx

congratulations on your pregnancy :). There are very exciting times ahead of you!
Personally before announcing your pregnancy to your clients I would have a think about what is happening with your business while you are on maternity leave. Are you hiring a mat leave cover? Is your salon going to be closed during the time you take off? This will be the first question your clients will have- what will happen to them and their treatments while you are off to have your baby.
Once you know what's happening it's a good time to let them know (I personally wouldn't tell them just yet though. Maybe just before it is starting to get really obvious). I think announcing it on your FB page is a nice way, because sometimes you might want to let your client know during a treatment, but there's just not the right moment to bring it up.
Also keep in mind that later on you might not be able to perform all treatments, e.g. treatments that involve you handling potentially harmful chemicals and standing for long periods of time.

Hope that helps :) x

When did you let clients know you were pregnant? Also how did you do it, did you announce it on your business FB or Twitter or did you just tell them individually? I'm 12 weeks just had my scan yesterday and was thinking of leaving it until I start showing and then just telling clients at their appointments.

I did exactly that once I had worked out what I was doing re maternity etc. Danny is now 6 weeks I go back in a fortnight. Thurs, Fri, sat. I worked full time right up to my due date. Congrats x

Sent from my GT-I8190N using SalonGeek mobile app

Thanks everyone, I'm going to wait a bit longer to tell clients, probably after my next scan in 6 weeks. As to making plans I don't have my own salon I rent a room. what I think will happen is I'll have to give up the salon pretty early on due to health issues (I've got a bad back amongst other things) and just do my regulars from home as then I can rest when needed. But unfortunately I can't give clients a definite plan of what will happen as neither myself or my consultant know but there's a distinct possibility I'll be really struggling for the third trimester.

Thanks everyone, I'm going to wait a bit longer to tell clients, probably after my next scan in 6 weeks. As to making plans I don't have my own salon I rent a room. what I think will happen is I'll have to give up the salon pretty early on due to health issues (I've got a bad back amongst other things) and just do my regulars from home as then I can rest when needed. But unfortunately I can't give clients a definite plan of what will happen as neither myself or my consultant know but there's a distinct possibility I'll be really struggling for the third trimester.

You sound just like me! I am 27 weeks and my back is almost gone. Im fighting to keep going as long as I can but the pain causes me to have a cold sweat at times! I just don't want to lose my clients and I need the money but I think I may have to give in once my maternity pay kicks in mid June. It really sucks as I love my job and get bored at home day in day out! :(

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

This is for a little later but I wrote all my clients a letter (half weren't on Facebook then) explaining when my due date was and what I hoped would happen with terms of working upto a date and then when I would hope that I would return to work but did say that as with all things that could change. I also contacted a salon I personally used and spoke to their manager and recommended that my clients went there and could return when I had resumed work. That way the salon knew they wouldn't be long term clients also my clients wouldn't panic then.
Always keep them informed it'll make them feel less worried about what will happen.

Congratulations though :D:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back