Temp on Hive wax pot?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tan Fairy

Reaction score
Hi can anyone tell me what temp you have your creme wax on for strip wax? I have a hive one & I am just querying this as I think mine is going to high & I have been using it for about a year now?

Is it the digital one? Mine automatically goes to 80 and I use cream strip wax. When the lid has been on, it can be a little hot, and I have turned it down to 75 and it's still a perfectly good consistency!

Is it the digital one? Mine automatically goes to 80 and I use cream strip wax. When the lid has been on, it can be a little hot, and I have turned it down to 75 and it's still a perfectly good consistency!

Thanks for your reply, but no its not digital :(

Hi can anyone tell me what temp you have your creme wax on for strip wax? I have a hive one & I am just querying this as I think mine is going to high & I have been using it for about a year now?

All depends on which wax you are using. Each heater is slightly different, if you are worried about the temperature try the wax before each client on yourself. Then you can be sure of how warm it is.

I now only have Depileve analogue and Hive digital heaters now so can't give you an indication of where I have mine set I'm afraid.

Mat

All depends on which wax you are using. Each heater is slightly different, if you are worried about the temperature try the wax before each client on yourself. Then you can be sure of how warm it is.

I now only have Depileve analogue and Hive digital heaters now so can't give you an indication of where I have mine set I'm afraid.

Mat

Thank you, I do always test it on my wrist, but I have one very fussy client who always has her eyebrows done & she always makes some remark except this time she said the wax was so hot it burnt her & she blistered, I was mortified it has never happened b4, I had been waxing that day & everything was ok, it didn't help that she had brought her 2 year old who was getting into everything in my room, but even so she even said i had done a good job :(

I keep mine about 2.5 up to 3 if doing leg wax and the lid is off for a long time

All waxes are different and used at different temperatures. You should melt it until it looks and feels right and then see what temperature it's on so you know for next time.

Latest posts

Back