Temperature

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xAnnaBannAx

Reaction score
Hi there, does anybody know what the ideal temperature should be in a nail room? As well as the ideal temperature of the hands and the products....I use liquid and powder :confused:

The best temperature to work in with L&P is between 68 and 72 degrees...not too hot making your product set faster, and not too cold which will slow down the set.
HTH

I could be wrong with this answer but I find working at body temperature 37C is the best any hotter and the L&P sets to quickly and any colder it doesn't set quick enough.:hug:

Now who is talking farenheit ...and who is centigrade lol!!!! :lol:

You know a room at 37 C is stinking b****y hot. Deffo not the ideal temperature for doing anything except swimmimg LOL.

that does sound quite hot! isnt the average room temperture about 22 degrees? gawd knows lol

68 -72 degrees farenheit...is 20-22 centigrade.
this would be the optimum temperaure.

They obviously feel the cold too much up in Aberdeen :lol:....must be all that snow!!

You know a room at 37 C is stinking b****y hot. Deffo not the ideal temperature for doing anything except swimmimg LOL.
I have never had a problem with working at this temp my house normally sits between 20C and 37C depending on just how cold it is.
68 -72 degrees farenheit...is 20-22 centigrade.
this would be the optimum temperaure.

They obviously feel the cold too much up in Aberdeen :lol:....must be all that snow!!
Yes izzi we do feel the cold up here I have had my heating on full time for the last 3 weeks the temp outside has been going from a warm 0C down to -18C.
I did find my mobile ladies house to cold and had a right problem with the L&P she told me it was a nice warm 25C but I think she was telling porkies:lol:

well i feel a right plonker, (what do you mean i am one)

so a few times when i've had problems with a set of nails, it could have been the temp then? because i do them in my little craft room, which has full size rad in it, so if its 'off' its freezing and if its 'on' its bloomin roastin, and gawd knows why, but i never gave it a thought, that it could be the temp affecting it and not that id gone mad,

will make sure i get a stat on the rad and set the themostat to a sensible temp before i work in future

thanks for highlighting this, it never crossed my mind

You are not a plonker!!!

Also what a lot of people don't think about is the heat generated from their table lamp....if it is too close to the clients hand then the heat from it can cause your product to set up faster.
I always have an extendable lamp at it's full height....getting the benefit of the direct light but not any of it's heat in my work area.

You are not a plonker!!!

Also what a lot of people don't think about is the heat generated from their table lamp....if it is too close to the clients hand then the heat from it can cause your product to set up faster.
I always have an extendable lamp at it's full height....getting the benefit of the direct light but not any of it's heat in my work area.

aww thanks Izz

thats another great idea, i havent bought one yet, but every time i struggle to see i think i will get one, no doubt once ive finished my course and am doing more sets i will have to get one, so will bear this in mind when i make the purchase

thanks hun x

yes i had wondered if my table lamp was too hot actually...trouble is i need it quite close as theres not much bright light in my lil room...i think i read somewhere to use a 30 or 40 watt bulb in a table lamp.

All these silly little things you have to think about...so annoying lol i wanna just crack on with my practice but find i spend most of my time faffing about and then wonder why its taken me about 5 hours just to do one hand! lol

I have never had a problem with working at this temp my house normally sits between 20C and 37C depending on just how cold it is.

Yes izzi we do feel the cold up here I have had my heating on full time for the last 3 weeks the temp outside has been going from a warm 0C down to -18C.
I did find my mobile ladies house to cold and had a right problem with the L&P she told me it was a nice warm 25C but I think she was telling porkies:lol:
:)It hits 30 here I'm off to the beach.

Thanks for this thread its good to know, what about a beauty room then when doing facials etc what would be a good temp plz?

Latest posts

Back