Temporary Tattoos

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catherine ceane

Reaction score
Hi I wondered if anyone used the temporary tattoo (for now) they are the ones you stick the stencil to the client and then you dab the ink on.

I have bought this pack and its great just not sure how much to charge for it
anyone use and and how much would you suggest:irked:

thank Catherine

My daughter does facepainting and temp tattoos for kids. She charges £4 for each and if a kid wants both, I think she charges £6 (I understand this is a bit of a different situation from a salon, but the same service, basically.)
Hope this helps.

I do the airbrush temp tattoos. I charge 8 usd for a large one (one color) 6 for small ones (one color)
Any multi colored ones , I add 1 dollar extra for each color.

I did Henna (mehandi) tat's a while back, single colour.

Charges went from like £1.50 for an initial up to around £10 for something a bit more special.

This may not help, lol :green:

i usually charge £3 for a small tattoo (say 2inch square) in black ink, but if they want more colours i charge £1 extra for each colour. these usually go down fantastic at village & school fares, plus if you get a stall u can put leaflets out advertising other treatments you do.

Prices sound about right from the research I did, another venue for you is night clubs, if you can get a spot just inside the door and catch them when they are queuing to pay you will have a captive market, I saw what you have at Olimpia last year and loved the colours, the glitter ones would do very well in a club environment.

HI, Can I ask what pack you bought?

thanks

Iv only found the ones that you put on then wet in like a henna colour but they only last a couple of days xx

Iv only found the ones that you put on then wet in like a henna colour but they only last a couple of days xx

You can buy pre-mixed henna paste,
it comes in a squeezy metal tube (like tooth-paste) with a screw on nozzle.

You 'pipe' your design onto the prepared skin (an oil can be applied),
Then leave the piped mixture to dry for at-least 40 mins for a decent colour (browny red, or reddy brown, lol),

& it lasts between one & four weeks, depending on placement.

A skin sensitivity test is recommended, though I never had anyone with a reaction to the it.

Thanks Ruth but where can you buy them,and do you have to do training for this {i would only be doing myself n family} please? x

For Now Art Tattoos

I have these, they are really good, they say they last 3-5 days but on some of my clients they have been known to last about 3 weeks provided you take care and only ever pat that area dry NOT rub. They are brilliant for kids, lots of lovely colours, ideal for birthday parties or summer fayres.

I charge £2 for the little ones up to about £6 for the larger, a bit more if using several different colours

Oh forgot to say, no training needed, it is really easy

Thanks Ruth but where can you buy them,and do you have to do training for this {i would only be doing myself n family} please? x
Heres a link:
Barber Body Art - Body Piercing and Tattoo

Also, a lot of other places sell it, large Asian food stores, places that sell incense sticks & oil- burners etc.

You dont need formal training, just practice.....& of course to do your skin sensitivity test (apply a little somewhere that the client does'nt mind having a random dot! lol, leave for 30 mins, remove, have client return next day)

Like I say though, I've never seen a reaction to the brown paste, & have only heard of probs with the black paste.

Thats great thanks xx

This is the stick on n wet i use xx

The ones I saw at the Olimpia beauty show came in a pack like pastel / crayons and came with a selection of stencils, which were sticky. you cleansed the skin with a spirit wipe, to remove dirt and grease, dry the skin, apply the stencil and then using small circular movements apply the colour(s) then pat the tattoo with talc to seal it and remove the stencil. There are links on here but I can't do tecky stuff like that:) but I did a thread and it was another geek who told me about these, and I also asked about mahendi and there is loads of stuff about it on here. I however, do air brush nail art, so thats what I use for temp tattoo's but the ones I've mentioned are very easy to use and the out lay is a lot less then buying an air gun and all the stuff that goes with it.

HI Blossom

Could you give me an idea, which are the best colours to go for, and how do you go about selling this to clients?

thanks

Hi

thank you all very much for your advice

the ones I use are great you stick the stencil on then dab the ink on to it in what every colour or glitter you like the coloured dabs last the longest as you ink them before use and the gliter come ready primed.

kind regards Catherine:lol:

For now are fantastic buut remember the stencil are very delicate and you have to take care peeling them off the backing.

You can also add glitter to the tatoo while its still tacky for extra sparkle and the kids love them. We used these.
Cosmic Glitter for face painting

they just puff onto the design.

By the way the link I have added is a great site for ideas and they post really quickly too.

HI Blossom

Could you give me an idea, which are the best colours to go for, and how do you go about selling this to clients?

thanks

Hi Beautyandme,

I bought the complete range of colours, it was actually cheaper to buy the kit than to pick out separate colours, there's a handy zippered storage bag, sixty odd stencils, 26 (I think) coloured inks incl. glitters and pretty colours (sooo popular with the girlies), a book displaying the designs in the form of a little album, all this came with the kit.

I think the most popular colours are the black, charcoal and navy (they look like proper tattoos), the turquoise, mid blue, pinks and purples and popular with little girls.

Each stencil can be used 5/6 times if you're careful, there's a page each of butterflies, lizards etc, aztex designs, lots of chinese/japanese symbols, roses, dragons, dolphins, flowers in the shape of an arm-band, shells, stars, fairies, sun & moon. The most popular have always been the butterflies and the dolphins.

After I have used each stencil I peel off carefully, stick it back on the special paper and use a baby wipe to remove the ink left on the top of the stencil.

They are suitable for the most sensitive skin.

(OMG, I sound like I'm on commission lol, just trying to be helpful!) They remove with a baby wipe (rubbing round in circular motions) or something a bit oily.

I only have to leave the box or some stencils on my window sill next to my client's chair and they always ask what they are!

good luck :hug: hth

Latest posts

Back