Ten Pin Bowling - Bad for Nails??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
Today we took out children ten pin bowling. We had never been before and it just didn't cross my mind that my nails would be at risk!

I have broken my thumb nail & damaged others. My nails are natural with a thin gel overlay to strengthen (or were!!) so I'm pretty upset.

I did love the bowling though so if anyone has any ideas on how to have nails and bowl I would love to know.

Hiya Ella,
I had a client just last week come in to have her whole right hand replaced after bowling .. you werent out together were you :)
I know its fun but, I dont think it is possible to keep your nails and bowl, unless you dont put your fingers in the holes - and even then ...
I think to go bowling you would need to keep them fairly short or have to put up with lots more breaks and very sore fingers!

ella said:
Today we took out children ten pin bowling. We had never been before and it just didn't cross my mind that my nails would be at risk!

I have broken my thumb nail & damaged others. My nails are natural with a thin gel overlay to strengthen (or were!!) so I'm pretty upset.

I did love the bowling though so if anyone has any ideas on how to have nails and bowl I would love to know.
Hi ya

My kids love bowling but yes its a killer on the nails!!! The only way is to use one of those kids things were you roll the ball down!! lol post some picci's of you using one wont you!! lol

I have had similar problems - but have found that if I only use a bowling ball with large holes - i.e bigger than I would normally choose - they don't break.

hope this helps.

Deana.

Try doing fiber glass. I've had clients that use to bowl in teams. I used fiber glass and it worked. Mr.J
ella said:

Hi,

I had the same problem when I had natural nails and I found that before you leave home put some plasters on your fingers on your bowling hand. This certained worked out fine for me!

Yvonne :lol:

Mr.J said:
Try doing fiber glass. I've had clients that use to bowl in teams. I used fiber glass and it worked. Mr.J

I can`t see how this would work in favour of nails any better than any other system. They all have their inbuilt strength but overall I wouldn`t have thought fiberglass to be stronger than L&P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back