Terrible News - Makes You Think..!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicky

Southern Geek
Reaction score
Hi All

I had some terrible news yesterday. A friend of mine and my hubbie had killed himself. This man was 35 yrs old, had lovely kids and from the outside world had everything to live for. I can't believe it..! I keep sitting here shaking my head wondering WHY..!!

I guess its made me look at what happend to me over the passed 6 months and think, for the grace of god im here with my family.

Him and his family are in my prays, its such a sad loss.:sad:

Ahhhh..what ever his was going through was obviously very tough...and could only see 1 way out...so sad...and such a waste..if only he could have talked to someone, someone who could help him...and now his family and friends are left with this terrible loss...i hope they find the strength to get through this. xxx

That's so sad hun, he must've been so very desperate. As Ange says "i hope they find the strength to get through this." xx

My prayers go out to you and his family.

Love and hugs

I think for some people this time of the year can be so difficult to cope with, its such a poignant time which is remembered every year over purely because of the xmas season. Excess pressures not only in our everyday lives are exaggerated especially if you have a lot on your mind already.

My thoughts are with his family and friends at this time.

luv 'n' hugs
christi
xxx

vicky said:
Hi All

I had some terrible news yesterday. A friend of mine and my hubbie had killed himself. This man was 35 yrs old, had lovely kids and from the outside world had everything to live for. I can't believe it..! I keep sitting here shaking my head wondering WHY..!!

What a desperate time now for his family that he has left to carry this burden. It is so difficult to me to comprehend how anyone can be so desperate to take their own lives, how anything can be so bad in their lives that this is the only way out. I am sure his loved ones are also sitting somewhere shaking their heads and wondering WHY!! I feel very sorry for this poor man that her felt this was his only option.

I once had a friend who did the very same thing... we actually bought their house from them, they moved into their lovely new home, he had a wife and 3 children under 8 years old (one only 9 months old) and within 6 weeks of moving he took his life by carbon monoxide poisoning from his exhaust fumes. 18 years on his wife has never truly got over it, and to this day she has never known why he did it!!

You must be feeling wretched Vicky ... I am sorry you had such horrible news. God Bless.

vicky said:
Hi All

I guess its made me look at what happend to me over the passed 6 months and think, for the grace of god im here with my family.

Him and his family are in my prays, its such a sad loss.:sad:

Vicky how awful for his family, The thing is you say he had everything to live for but as someone who suffers with a mental illness I can tell you first hand that when your extremely ill all you want is to be better and sucide is a big part of the ilness, Nobody wants to leave there families behind but to stay in a living hell is just too much for some people to cope with. I had everything when ill good hubby, kids etc but I didn't have me anymore and thats what was scary.

Its been a really strange day, both me and will went to school with this guy, he went out with my cousin who lived with us for a while at the time, the mother of his kids was one of my mates at school....i just cant beleive it...!

His poor mum found him, what a nightmare.

well i have a very very close member of my family do the same thing.....acutally it was my dad....still shakin my head wondering why......13 years down the line....if anyone has ever 'been there' i would really like to hear from them NOTHING can be THAT bad.............................?????????????? can it????????????

MINKUS said:
well i have a very very close member of my family do the same thing.....acutally it was my dad....still shakin my head wondering why......13 tears down the line....if anyone has ever 'been there' i would really like to hear from them NOTHING can be THAT bad.............................

xxx:hug:

MINKUS said:
well i have a very very close member of my family do the same thing.....acutally it was my dad....still shakin my head wondering why......13 tears down the line....if anyone has ever 'been there' i would really like to hear from them NOTHING can be THAT bad.............................

I do feel for anyone who has to cope with this in their lives, I have been on both sides so to speak I lost my grandfather to sucide and also a few months back my cousin also. I myself have been very close to it years ago but thank god I managed to come out the other side. Mental Illness is a very serious illness and much more time and money should be put in to educating society that its an Illness like any other and the one thing that doesn't help people who suffer with it is this bloody stigma attached to it.

so odd............................i really want to see what makes peeps have

this/these thoughts......,i just DONT get it/understand it !

Anger/frustration/dunno.......??????

MINKUS said:
i dont want the sympathy vote............................i really want to see what makes peeps have

90% of people who commit Suicide have some form of mental illness
The other 10% may have massive debts, marriage problems, serious health problems etc

I would say that no two suicides are the same there are so many reasons why a person would rather be dead than continue with life.

MINKUS said:
well i have a very very close member of my family do the same thing.....acutally it was my dad....still shakin my head wondering why......13 tears down the line....if anyone has ever 'been there' i would really like to hear from them NOTHING can be THAT bad.............................?????????????? can it????????????

:hug: I think the only thing I can say is sadly to some,things must be so bad that they can't see a way out and if they think that they can find peace by taking their own life - then that is their choice. We wish we could have helped them - we feel guilty that we didn't recognize signs, we feel angry for what they have done to us............. the list is endless - but there isn't much point beating ourselves up about it, for the simple reason which is we don't know the answers. The only way I managed to come to terms with my brother taking his own life 6 years ago is to tell myself he's at peace now from whatever torment he was going through. it still hurts like hell, but I try to remember the good times. He was 37.

MINKUS said:
i dont want the sympathy vote............................i really want to see what makes peeps have

The only way I can work it out is this: When you feel really at rock bottom, for some people it seems the only way out. But....................and it's a big but; had they have waited an hour, a day, whatever, that moment would have passed and they wouldn't have done it. Depression is a terrible thing and I wish that it was understood more by people.

You many all remember the lovely student that killed herself in the summer. She everything to live for and wasn't depressed but her suicide note said "This world just isn't for me".

i was listening to a chap on the radio....he lives near a certain spot/cliff that has a high rate of suicides...his wife jumped from this spot.

Since then he has 'patroled' this area for a number of years, and stopped lots of people from jumping.....it was very interesting, and one guy in particular took an incredible amount of persuation not to jump....and now he is eternally grateful to the man for saving his life.

Like you say.....if they could just 'think' for a minute it may save them.

I think there is so many "what if's" . If his mum hadnt gone shopping, if someone had gone round ect..its a hard thing to do but even harder for those left hehind.

my dads brother took and overdose and killed himself when his wife left him for another man and took the kids, saying they would now have a new dad and there was no place in their lives for him. My cousin also hung himself a few years later as he was a manic depressive and it hadnt been treated properly.

harvey said:
my dads brother took and overdose and killed himself when his wife left him for another man and took the kids, saying they would now have a new dad and there was no place in their lives for him. My cousin also hung himself a few years later as he was a manic depressive and it hadnt been treated properly.

thats absolutely terrible, poor chap......and poor kids

amb x

MINKUS said:
thats absolutely terrible, poor chap......and poor kids

amb x

yeah it has taken a lot of time for my nanna to forgive her. Deep down she never will but she speaks for the sake of the kids and cos my nanna is the lovliest woman ever you would never know there was any friction.

Latest posts

Back